Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

So I pulled my cats last night.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Those Cats won't pass vissual inspection.They are not legal
I know but it helps with the smell and definately the sound. If I drove into a place without them they would probably laugh.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28_Ninja
i have a 224 cam with long tubes, no cats and a single 18" bullet, almost straight pipes, and it is also a stalled auto. soon we will be putting in a bigger cam and i will still drive it a lot.
I can imagine that being pretty loud. So you never got pulled over or harassed about noise?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd just do the bullit Danno i drove with headers no cats and loudmouth for a year and never was stopped for noise.The exhaust is on my buddies Z and he hasn't been stopped either.
BTLFEDSS
Old 09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danno lives in the town right next to mine. In current form he will be pulled over if he drives through the center of my town...which is why he avoids the center and drives around it and out of the way. I have been pulled over in both of my vehicles for loud exaust (95 GMC Sierra and 95 Subaru Impreza) neither of which could even compete with dans current decibel level. The subarus muffler fell off and my truck has a custom dual exhaust but not that loud at all. Either way its too loud for the cops in our area. Unwanted attention leads to fines for exhaust and whatever else may be illegal on your car.

I dont have any better advice then what was given already but I would deffinately keep it reasonable. You have been lucky thus far...I wouldnt push it. It would suck if you had to go to court and turn her back to stock! And that DOES happen.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
I know but it helps with the smell and definately the sound. If I drove into a place without them they would probably laugh.
Dan where in central mass are you located? Im in Shrewsbury (right outside of worcester) and there are plenty of shops that dont care as long as you pass the OBDII scan (no ses lights). I got my sticker with the setup in that clip I posted no problem. I say gut your cats and toss in a cutout in the I pipe and then go with a rea quiet catback, like the magnaflow or even an slp dual/dual. The slp dual/dual is nice and tame and I think it would help daily driving it and then when you want it insanely loud uncork the cutout!

Last edited by 98Z28MASS; 09-05-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Dan where in central mass are you located? Im in Shrewsbury (right outside of worcester) and there are plenty of shops that dont care as long as you pass the OBDII scan (no ses lights). I got my sticker with the setup in that clip I posted no problem. I say gut your cats and toss in a cutout in the I pipe and then go with a rea quiet catback, like the magnaflow or even an slp dual/dual. The slp dual/dual is nice and tame and I think it would help daily driving it and then when you want it insanely loud uncork the cutout!
I'm right next to the Fitchburg/Leominster area. I really like loud car's but I know the cops don't. I'd prefer to keep my catback but if it came down to it I would probably swap it for a quieter setup and cutout like you said to have best of both worlds. I might try the Bullit route 1st, I guess I'll base my decision on the next time I go to the track, I'll pull the cats and if there are noticable gains I'll try quieting it down and worst case change the catback.