Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Auto transporter needed from NY to NH

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto transporter needed from NY to NH

I'm looking for a company or an individual who could transport my truck from the Syracuse, NY area back to New England. Not sure exactly where to bring it back to since I cannot finish the truck myself. I'm hoping one of the local sponsors will see this and feel bad for me and offer to finish the project. Dez, SDCE, Eastside??? I don't know for a fact how much work is left to be done, but, I want the truck back in New England NOW!!!!

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'm all ears. I'm assuming the truck cannot be driven at this point so that is not an option.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talk to pete bpz28 he does towing
Old 10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

thanks chef. how about he hauls it to eastside? I can't guarantee anything other than the engine was built by LME and the fuel system was built by speed inc. I don't even know if the turbo kit exists. i just want the truck to run/drive. screw the turbo.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

what happened? i thought it was supposed to be done by now?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99zman
what happened? i thought it was supposed to be done by now?

Old 10-15-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
thanks chef. how about he hauls it to eastside? I can't guarantee anything other than the engine was built by LME and the fuel system was built by speed inc. I don't even know if the turbo kit exists. i just want the truck to run/drive. screw the turbo.

im not to sure ESP would want to get involved being that they dont know what has/hasnt been done, but you could call Sean and talk to him about it
Old 10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thechef
im not to sure ESP would want to get involved being that they dont know what has/hasnt been done, but you could call Sean and talk to him about it
yeah, basically the same response i got from dez. so basically, i can leave it in NY and hope it gets done, or, park it in my driveway until i learn how to finish it myself. kick ***!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM

why dont you take a ride and go see what has been done, or hasnt been done, its only going to take a day
Old 10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thechef
why dont you take a ride and go see what has been done, or hasnt been done, its only going to take a day
true, 6+hrs each way. i might do that on Wed. I just don't want to waste a whole day for nothing.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

true, 6+hrs each way. i might do that on Wed. I just don't want to waste a whole day for nothing.
You won't waste the day From a shop point of view it is hard to take a job that is in pieces and confirm they can do it. Who would get the blames if the truck starts and then seizes the motor for some unknown reason? see the point

i'll talk with the guy's at the shop and see if they are interested.I know we have a ton of big projects starting already for the winter and your truck takes a ton of room.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 AM

dude if it were my truck i would drive out there
Old 10-16-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

i just got pics sent to me last night. it's not as far along as i was told it was. but, the turbo is installed and the fuel system is installed. the front end is still off the truck though, not happy about that at all.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

I got a guy if you're still interested here in Nashua, NH.

Here's the # to call, (Dustys Towing) 886-3455. Talk to Linda over there and explain what the deal is! My buddy Dave Ripley is good friends with those guys, so tell them he recommended them.

Rob
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

post the pic's that you were sent.....

I would definately be driving out there to take a look at it.. and I'd definately be calling the better business bureau and sending them all the information that you have.. unless you've already done that.

You've got a major project in the works..... I don't know if anyone would want to pick up where someone else left off.. it's a guarinteed headache for whoever were to do it that I am sure of.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude that sucks soooo bad...good luck with getting it back together
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

looks like it's more together than i initially thought. the grill and bumper are not on yet, but, the rest of the front end is. I was hammered when i started this thread, so, maybe i'm jumping the gun. He said it is being tuned today/tomorrow.

I don't know what to think anymore. Like I said before, I like John, he's a really nice guy, but, these deadlines keep passing by like the seasons. it's out of hand
Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

try this link for pics. http://rides.webshots.com/album/5468...GrFvJ?start=36

if it doesn't work, just click on my webshots link below and got to the last 4 pics of "truck pics"
Old 10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

looks like it's nearing completion in that pic turbo and everythign appear to be together.

I do agree with you though... if a deadline is gonna be set, it needs to be made realistic, and be met. I deal with it at my work all the time, customers want one thign, we want to give thema another and somewhere in the middle is usually what ends up happening.... its the ones that the office sets a little tooo agressive for production are what usually start a stink. Whoever set the deadlines with your project... was pipe dreaming a little bit..... or they ren into ALOT of setbacks... which you should have been kept up to speed with, somethign that I don't thinkw as being done as it shoudl have been.

Look at the bright side, when it is done, you're gonna have probably the baddest full size crew cab truck around period. I just hope the driveline doesn't mind the power.... you're gonna be pushing alot more then most people have done in one of those for sure.. be ready to find some driveline weak spots.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i agree that it appears to be almost done. I also agree that it is gonna be badass. I started this post 3 days after I was promised pics and I didn't receive any. I was at my breaking point.......finally.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:53 PM

that looks like its about done
id still take the ride out there to see whats going on if i were you