TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops, no it actually is http://www.berettausa.com/product/pr...stols_main.htm

I guess its called a 90-2 now?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jammer
I carry a Walther p99... very nice peice... but im now looking at a Kimber.
I have a Kimber Custom II... I love it.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
I'm pretty sure the Polymer frame's are not 1998 compliant. Same reason why the MA compliant stamped Glocks are steel, and all others are polymer. I have a poly HK that made it in pre 98. Good luck finding a new polymer framed semi-auto in MA now.

I'm not 100% up to speed on what brands and such you can buy new, but many you can't. Like Springfield Armory, you cannot buy new in MA (which is made here) as well as HK. Although you can get a new Sig.
all wathers are polymer framed, and are sold in MA. S&W has several poly frame models all that are legal for sale. glock was never approved in 1998, but just a couple of years ago glock was sold in MA for about a week or two. it was pulled for some BS reason having nothing to do with the polymer frame. if you bought one, you were supposed to return it under a 'recall' because they were 'defective and unsafe'.

and for the record, Springfield Armory is based out of Geneso, Illinois. the original 'springfield armory' that you are thinking of (that made the M1 garand amongst other things), was indeed based out of springfield MA. it was closed down in the 1950's, most of hte property was purchased by a college, and they have like one or two buildings left, which exist merely as a museum. the current 'springfield armory' pretty much just got the right to reproduce the Garand and M14 (as the M1A), and is now just selling everything else under the name. when i took a tour of the Springfield Armory in MA last summer, they staff there kinda had harsh feelings for the new 'springfield armory', pretty much saying that they are ripping off the name.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Beretta just redesigned the 92 though it's not on their official website yet.
i went to the Beretta Gallery in dallas a few months ago, and it looks like they are now selling the 92 badged as an 'M9'. is that the redesign that you are reffering to?

Quick Reply: Pre ban Beretta 92FS Stainless