Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPPower
Here are some SLP installation pricing that you asked for. If you need more please call our sales staff at 732-349-2109 or PM me and I will get it to you.

P/N 28039 Performance Pac: $1543.75

P/N 30053 2001-2002 Long Tube Headers: $760.00

P/N 31042 Loudmouth Exhaust: $142.50
760 to install headers? Is that a joke?

hsw does it for 325
ttp was around 400 if I remember correctly.

am i reading that wrong or do you guys do extra stuff?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pricing

Here are some SLP installation pricing that you asked for. If you need more please call our sales staff at 732-349-2109 or PM me and I will get it to you.

P/N 28039 Performance Pac: $1543.75

P/N 30053 2001-2002 Long Tube Headers: $760.00

P/N 31042 Loudmouth Exhaust: $142.50

SLP Head and Cam F-Body: $2090.00
(no charge Airlid, Bellows, MAF, Thermostat, Balancer install)
Add Headers: $285.00
Add Intake Manifold: $114.00
Add Oil Pump and Timing Chain: $190.00

SLP 402 Short Block Install F-Body: $2660.00
(no charge timing chain, oil pump, balancer, Bellows, Thermostat, Airlid)

Standard Inertia, Dyno Test, 2 Good Average Pulls, WITH A/F: $205.00
Standard Inertia, Custom Dyno Tune for BOLT ONS, WITH A/F: $425.00
Standard Inertia, H&C Dyno Tune w/ Road Tuning, WITH A/F: $685.00
Standard Inertia, 402 Dyno Tune w/ Road Tuning, WITH A/F: $685.00

All tunes are guaranteed to your satisfaction with the same parts as the days of tuning. If ever a problem contact your salesmen and we will take care of any issues or adjustments you may want to suit your driving style.

REMEMBER, you will receive a CD with your dyno session on video and photos. A full color "packet" that will include plots of Wheel Power, Flywheel Power, A/F Ratio, Fuel Pressure. The "packet" will also include all important PCM/ECM parameters printed per RPM in an easy to read spreadsheet. (ECT, IAT, KNOCK, TIMING, LOAD, TP....and more). The packet will also included all power numbers per RPM printed in an easy to read spreadsheet. Showing min, max and averages as well.

We are and will be running the following install specials:

Get 10% off
any parts and installation order over $1000, and during each month of November, and December, be included in a SPECIAL DRAWING for a $350 SLP gift Certificate.

Get 10% off
and a FREE dyno test on any parts and installation order over $2500, and during each month of November, and December, be included in a SPECIAL DRAWING for a $500 SLP gift Certificate.

Remember this is our Re-Opening of the install shop. We are not new to this by any means so be very confident that you will have some of the best aftermarket techs working on your vehicles. All custom tunes are completed by our engineering staff, including myself.

Here is the link to our dyno page:
http://www.slponline.com/install_dyno.asp

Thanks
Hank
So, what do you guys think about this pricing?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
760 to install headers? Is that a joke?

hsw does it for 325
ttp was around 400 if I remember correctly.

am i reading that wrong or do you guys do extra stuff?
BrandonDrecksage,

$325.00 is cheaper then installing stock manifolds. That is an incredible almost unbelievable price, does it include the Y-Pipe? You also have to compare areas when searching for a price. PA and NJ are not comparable in terms of labor rates. Whether it be Dealers or Aftermarket installers.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I double checked the book time for you. For a 2002 F-Body. Stock Exhaust Manifolds=4.8hrs. This does not include changing the stock Y-Pipe.

For the SLP Headers. There is removal of starter. We re-route and lengthen the P-Side harness to the starter and 02 Sensor Connector to move away from any possible heat so that you do not overheat/burn the harness. There is also a need to remove the steering shaft when installing the SLP Headers. All of this takes time to do it right. We also delete 02 codes as a courtesy if you do not purchase a programmer or custom tune.

I hope this makes it more clear.

Thanks,
Hank
Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I double checked the book time for you. For a 2002 F-Body. Stock Exhaust Manifolds=4.8hrs. This does not include changing the stock Y-Pipe.

For the SLP Headers. There is removal of starter. We re-route and lengthen the P-Side harness to the starter and 02 Sensor Connector to move away from any possible heat so that you do not overheat/burn the harness. There is also a need to remove the steering shaft when installing the SLP Headers. All of this takes time to do it right. We also delete 02 codes as a courtesy if you do not purchase a programmer or custom tune.

I hope this makes it more clear.

Thanks,
Hank
well teh labor rate might be different because of area. I don't expect to pay double for the same job. What slp should be worried about is competing with other sponsers(if the they actual care abotu the customer). HSW isn't far from you. The price includes y pipe setup too. ALso, since you guys specialize in these cars, you should be able to knock it out faster than what the recommended time. Last, but not least, i've read(not actual fact, nver done it myself) the hardest part about lts is taking off the stock manifolds. I'm not attacking you( i know your not the one doing the price), but this is how SLP got the bad rep to begin with. You spend on the higher side for some headers, you pay on the much higher side for install and then the scrap everything, and the coating comes off.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well teh labor rate might be different because of area. I don't expect to pay double for the same job. What slp should be worried about is competing with other sponsers(if the they actual care abotu the customer). HSW isn't far from you. The price includes y pipe setup too. ALso, since you guys specialize in these cars, you should be able to knock it out faster than what the recommended time. Last, but not least, i've read(not actual fact, nver done it myself) the hardest part about lts is taking off the stock manifolds. I'm not attacking you( i know your not the one doing the price), but this is how SLP got the bad rep to begin with. You spend on the higher side for some headers, you pay on the much higher side for install and then the scrap everything, and the coating comes off.
BrandonDrecksage,

I would like to see the actual price from HSW. Do you know anyone who had them installed. SLP Headers that is from HSW. The recommended time was for stock manifolds not long tube headers, to give you an idea of how low $375.00 is for an install. Long Tube Headers will take longer then a stock manifold swap no matter what manufacturer you are using.

No, it is not harder to take out the stock manifolds then to put in long tubes. You can get an air ratchet on all of the stock manifold bolts to remove. This is not true for a long tube header. This is only one example of why it is harder to install LTs then remove stock manifolds. Yes I have done more then I would like to count.

Not sure what you mean by scrap everything and the coating falls off. Please let me know so that I know how to react.

I really do appreciate the input. So please keep it coming. Our pricing is inline on most all products if not cheaper. Please be specific about a product that is over priced so that I can resolve the issue or explain why. Nothing to hide here. I am here to help.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL...paid $225.00 to have my Mac's & y-pipe installed....and it was at a sponsor at the time .
Old 12-11-2006, 04:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Comments like i"f the they actual care abotu the customer" are not needed. I will be a sounding board and an open book. On my few posts on this thread alone as well as my quick response I would hope more then thoughts like this.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by cdubbzz
I just left Hank a v/m to get my car dynoed. Hopefully they can take me in soon.

I want to have the ride dynoed with and without a cold air induction and see how much HP I gain.
Strike that from the record, no dyno times available on the weekends.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=99Andrew]Prices taken directly from HSW website:
LS1/LS6 Based F-Body

These are obviously great prices. Probably the lowest you will find in the North East if not the east coast as far as aftermarket installations go. Again, this shop is located in PA where the labor rate is much different then Central NJ.

I will find out where we might be able to lower our costs on the F-Body SLP Header Installation.

Obviously this is what is so great about having the ability to make our own choices and do some homework on the web; if we do not like what we see on one corner we can go to the next.

Some reasons for picking the SLP Corner:

At SLP your parts are being installed by the people who have had their hands on them since the first stage of development. Our dyno and installation facility is first rate (not implying that any other shop's facility is not), all vehicles remain inside a secured building until you are ready to pickup. When we say your car will be finished, down to the hour, that is when it will be finished. We have full control over the entire installation process. Our chassis and engine dyno cell is second to none. We have the ability to create a 35MPH+ cross draft using 2-60" roof mounted fans eliminating any possibility of natural EGR while consistently providing cool fresh air to the vehicle simulating real world situations. We use a Superflow Dual Eddy Current Dyno bringing the dyno error down to under 2hp/2ft-lbs. We have a staff that has been working mechanically & electronically on the LS1 cars since before their inception into the market place.

You have a guarantee that the work will be flawless when you leave and if for any reason you are not happy, we will make you happy. This is a promise not an advertisement.

We hope to see many of you at our shop in the near future.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-12-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

The prices on SLP parts also went up over the past year. Yes Harris Speed Works is for real. Also TTP is a sponsor here and they charge around $400 and are about 1hr away from you up the Parkway. I know SLP headers are a little harder to install. Aren't these high prices the reason SLP installation center in Toms River closed down the 1st time? I do hope all is well because like you said you guys have had your hands wrenching on LS1 cars and LT1 cars before most shops. GL
Old 12-12-2006, 10:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
The prices on SLP parts also went up over the past year. Yes Harris Speed Works is for real. Also TTP is a sponsor here and they charge around $400 and are about 1hr away from you up the Parkway. I know SLP headers are a little harder to install. Aren't these high prices the reason SLP installation center in Toms River closed down the 1st time? I do hope all is well because like you said you guys have had your hands wrenching on LS1 cars and LT1 cars before most shops. GL
CJDZ24_Z28,

This is how rumors start on this site; The reason the installation shop closed a couple years back was because of the amount of staff we had for the amount of R&D needed. We have since expanded our staff and facility, and can handle both the R&D and installation shop full time. It had nothing to do with the prices at all. We were and are very successful. With many happy customers.

I will be looking over our prices with sales this week to see if we can cut some costs from some of our installations.

Thanks
Hank

Last edited by SLPPower; 12-12-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so wheres my pics of the t-ram dude lol. i wanna see this tuff. cause if i dont sell my GTA im thinking about making it a bracket racing car.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The new system will come with a NEW rear valance. No need to cut your current piece. The new cutouts on the SLP valance have the exact same same features as your current single cutout with the dual angle cut and beveled edges.

The exhaust system itself:

ALL 304 SS down to the exhaust hangers.

3" Intermidiate pipe bolts to your current post cat flange. The 3" intermidiate pipe enters a single inlet dual outlet SLP full polished (with SLP stamp) muffler. Outlets of the muffler are 2.5". Muffler is a straight through design that leaves no cabin resonance and a deep muscular sound out the rear.

Tips are 4" O.D. Dual Wall, Full Polish 304SS. With a matching cut angle to the rear valance.

NO need to move, relocate or remove your rear spare tire.

Tooling for the rear facia will be completed this coming week. I will have the first production sample to test fit before X-Mas.

Release date should be around 2/24/07.

You will see this SLP exhaust in Hot Rod Magazine on a Twin Turbo 06 SS. I will get you the issue date so that you do not miss it.

System made +14.2HP and +14.7 Ft-lbs.

PRICING INFO

We will be offering an Introductory Retail Price if ordered by 01/31/07 for the new SLP Trailblazer SS System P/N 31675 at $999.95. Normal price will be $1099.95 after Jan 07.

Release date will be 2/24/07.

Please see https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...08#post5997008 for video and photos.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

CJDZ24_Z28,

This is how rumors start on this site; The reason the installation shop closed a couple years back was because of the amount of staff we had for the amount of R&D needed. We have since expanded our staff and facility, and can handle both the R&D and installation shop full time. It had nothing to do with the prices at all. We were and are very successful. With many happy customers.

I will be looking over our prices with sales this week to see if we can cut some costs from some of our installations.

Thanks
Hank
Thats great! Again I have many SLP parts and i think they are very high quality..
Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

...dyno day
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

CJDZ24_Z28,

Thanks
Hank
Like I've said before, slp had a bad rep on this site and it seemed like they didn't care. Now that they have you, I think that is changing which is nice. I PMed ttp to get a quote for slp headers. I understand that harrisspeedworks is right around philly and that the price of labor may be different, but does that justify double the price? I'm not knocking slps installations because i've NEVER heard a bad thing about SLP's actual work. I've jsut read plenty of stories about the coating coming off. Also, with the headers hanging low, which i don't really think is a problem because the person is aware of it when they purchase it. The reason why I say the headers are on the high price is because they are 950(didn't it used to be 800ish?) dollars wihtout any installation things(bolts, clamps..ect). So your talking over a grand for the headers(not including cats whihc are another 350 last I checked) and then another 700 and change to install them. That is a total of 1750-2150+ tax. For just headers.

I'll end this post with my only dealing with slp. I ordered a lid from you guys when i first got my car. it took almost a month for me to get it(I lived in central jersey). It was a lil over 100 dollars, but then i was hit for a handling fee and shipping fee. Most other places sell the same lid for 90 dollars and there is no handling fee. On top of that, some sponsors do free shipping with no handling fee if you are ordering 100 dollars or more of stuff. That left a bad taste in my mouth.
Although I liek your products and they are good quality(the lid fit beautifully and i picked up around .1-.2 in a q/m in similar conditions) I jsut don't liek the way I think I was over charged.

edit

I recieved a PM back from TTP

"$525 installed. I will delete the rear o2 sensors from the computer free of charge. The most ideal way to do this is get the car tuned as well. I charge $250 for the bolt-on dyno tune which should net you another 10-12rwhp estimated.

- Matt"

this was his response to installing slp headers. They are northern NJ. So why is the price for you guys at 7xx?

Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 12-13-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I will post what I posted above for reasons that potential customers might choose SLP as there installation and dyno center. Also, I am working on lowering this price to be more competitive with the smaller shops in the area. You have my word that I will get it lower.

Thanks
Hank

Some reasons for picking the SLP Corner:

At SLP your parts are being installed by the people who have had their hands on them since the first stage of development. Our dyno and installation facility is first rate (not implying that any other shop's facility is not), all vehicles remain inside a secured building until you are ready to pickup. When we say your car will be finished, down to the hour, that is when it will be finished. We have full control over the entire installation process. Our chassis and engine dyno cell is second to none. We have the ability to create a 35MPH+ cross draft using 2-60" roof mounted fans eliminating any possibility of natural EGR while consistently providing cool fresh air to the vehicle simulating real world situations. We use a Superflow Dual Eddy Current Dyno bringing the dyno error down to under 2hp/2ft-lbs. We have a staff that has been working mechanically & electronically on the LS1 cars since before their inception into the market place.

You have a guarantee that the work will be flawless when you leave and if for any reason you are not happy, we will make you happy. This is a promise not an advertisement.

We hope to see many of you at our shop in the near future.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

You said ED HAMBURGER still works closely with us....I guess you must mean a son or relative...
Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
...dyno day
We really should set up a dyno day considering the amount of local F-body's

1 & counting

Quick Reply: Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?