Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in for sure, I only live 15 minutes south of T.R
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm also all for the CME being redistributed. Just this forum alone, the demand for that particular part is high. I can only imagine what the demand on the other forums is like.....
Old 12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

SLPPOWER does this mean our headers come with a lifetime warranty on the coating?
Or what is the warranty?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
You said ED HAMBURGER still works closely with us....I guess you must mean a son or relative...
Ed Hamburger is the owner..

-Dave
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
I'm also all for the CME being redistributed. Just this forum alone, the demand for that particular part is high. I can only imagine what the demand on the other forums is like.....
same with the chrome ss 10 spoke wheels. and this time chrome that will last
Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
You said ED HAMBURGER still works closely with us....I guess you must mean a son or relative...

No, I definitely mean Ed Hamburger. He is the owner and likes to stay closely involved in much that we do at SLP in Toms River.

Dyno Days are coming. Will post details 2nd week in Jan.

Just returned from PRI. I will be posting some video and photos of the event on Monday.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-17-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SLPPower
No, I definitely mean Ed Hamburger. He is the owner and likes to stay closely involved in much that we do at SLP in Toms River.

Dyno Days are coming. Will post details 2nd week in Jan.

Just returned from PRI. I will be posting some video and photos of the event on Monday.

Thanks
Hank
Damn, I can't wait for the dyno day! I heard about PRI. What is it? Also, will the dyno day be first come first served or will it be done TTP-style where we sign up for a specific time and show up on that time? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

PRI = Performance Racing Industry Show

http://www.performanceracing.com/

Lots of good stuff at this year show!

Matt
Old 12-17-2006, 10:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA
SLPPOWER does this mean our headers come with a lifetime warranty on the coating?
Or what is the warranty?
All of our headers come with a one year warranty on the coating and a lifetime warranty on the header. This means if your coating peels within a year of purchasing the part we will replace the header for free. This also means if for any reason the welds or header stainless itself has any problems we will replace the header for free.

If anyone has any problems please PM or email me so that we can get it taken care of quickly.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by damon_Z
Damn, I can't wait for the dyno day! I heard about PRI. What is it? Also, will the dyno day be first come first served or will it be done TTP-style where we sign up for a specific time and show up on that time? Thanks in advance for the info.

We will have a sign up. It will be more then a dyno day. We will be offering light installations, tours and discounts on parts. We will need to have a signup so that we make sure we give enough time to everyone who wants to come.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPPower
We will have a sign up. It will be more then a dyno day. We will be offering light installations, tours and discounts on parts. We will need to have a signup so that we make sure we give enough time to everyone who wants to come.

Thanks
Hank
I'm in as long as it isn't the second week in January bc I will be skiing all week, anytime after that and I'm def in. I've always wanted to look around that place, everytime I have gone there, there are always some nice Vette's and fbodys outside that I have admired
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

I'm interested in the dyno day details. It's been a while since I've been out to SLP. I'm about 30 minutes away.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
...you pay on the much higher side for install and then the scrap everything, and the coating comes off.
I know exactly where you're coming from. I paid nearly $1000 for some shop to take two days to install my SLP headers. On my way home, at stock ride height, I scraped the damn things going into my driveway!!! Now I have an excellent pair of scraped, dented, probably untuned (because of the damage), coating-flaking headers. So in summary: $1300+ for SLP headers, y-pipe, cats, the SLP install kit, and $900+ for installation just to have messed up headers less than an hour later. I still have all the receipts!

I would like to see SLP redesign their headers so there are zero clearance issues, and allow people to trade in their current SLP headers for the better set for a small (less than or equal to $400) fee. It's not unrealistic either... the customer would probably be forced to pay shipping both ways and it's not like you can't salvage steel or the entire flanges.

Last, slip-fit slips apart, and those clamp bolts break when you torque them! Yes, I'm over torquing, but that's only because 41 ft/lbs lets the slip-fit slip apart! My cats are slipping off the headers, my y-pipe is slipping off the cats, and my SLP dual/dual is slipping off the Y-pipe! Naturally, I have five exhaust leaks.

BUT, it's very nice to see you on the board SLPPower. +1 for the Firehawk rims... 17x9 and 17x11s!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
I know exactly where you're coming from. I paid nearly $1000 for some shop to take two days to install my SLP headers. On my way home, at stock ride height, I scraped the damn things going into my driveway!!! Now I have an excellent pair of scraped, dented, probably untuned (because of the damage), coating-flaking headers. So in summary: $1300+ for SLP headers, y-pipe, cats, the SLP install kit, and $900+ for installation just to have messed up headers less than an hour later. I still have all the receipts!

I would like to see SLP redesign their headers so there are zero clearance issues, and allow people to trade in their current SLP headers for the better set for a small (less than or equal to $400) fee. It's not unrealistic either... the customer would probably be forced to pay shipping both ways and it's not like you can't salvage steel or the entire flanges.

Last, slip-fit slips apart, and those clamp bolts break when you torque them! Yes, I'm over torquing, but that's only because 41 ft/lbs lets the slip-fit slip apart! My cats are slipping off the headers, my y-pipe is slipping off the cats, and my SLP dual/dual is slipping off the Y-pipe! Naturally, I have five exhaust leaks.

BUT, it's very nice to see you on the board SLPPower. +1 for the Firehawk rims... 17x9 and 17x11s!
Somebody09,

For your slip fit, are you in the NJ area? I will be more then willing to have you come into SLP so that we can resolve your issue. Your CATS, Y-Pipe or exhaust should not be slipping apart. Torca clamps work best when oriented so that the butterfly does not push on the actual torca notches. They will tighten on the pipe eliminating leaks as well as locking into place more then enough without breaking the stud. Please let me know when and if you would like to come in.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-21-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is really great to have SLP getting back involved and answering questions! Can't wait until the dyno day!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome back slp

i had a shitload of slp parts on my SS
Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

So, when is the dyno day? Where are the details? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by damon_Z
So, when is the dyno day? Where are the details? Thanks in advance for the info.
Dyno days will not be starting until March. You will find a link on the website (www.slponline.com) where you will submit all your info and vehicles info for sign up on listed dyno dates. It will be limited to the first 12-15 sign-ups. I will post the link when it is ready. In the mean time check out the "New Products Coming Soon Link" This new link will have photos, video, release date and retail pricing on products coming down the pike. I hope this new products coming soon link will aid in everyone’s future modification plans.

http://www.slponline.com/coming_soon.asp
Click on the product P/N and it will bring you to the detailed page with the video, photos and description.

Thanks
Hank
Old 01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm just reading this for the 1st time today. Too bad the 94-96 Impala SS line faded from SLP. I guess demand wasn't there. I have a set of SLP shorties on my 96 Caprice and after 4 yrs still look good. These headers are one of the most sort after items on the Impala/Caprice. People are paying close to the original price for these headers!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just remembered this thread and was just goin to post about any new news about the dyno, thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?