Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone live near Auburn, MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Well, here's where I'm at. I called "my lawyer" a few times
So from here I need to figure out which way to go. I have an old, beat up compressor that needs to be returned to him someday. That sitting behind his truck would let him know that he's been found. It would be better if he figures out it's there after he backs up!
I have to chase alot of deadbeat clients for money, so this is all too familiar to me.

Did he give you a formal quote or proposal for the work to be performed?

Did he give you a receipt for the $6k or was all this done on a gentleman's handshake?

It helps alot if you have these two things above to give your lawyer.

Your lawyer should send him a letter 2 ways, certified mail and FEDEX, because signitures will be needed for both so you know he has seen it.

I'd give him 5 or 10 days, then file it with the court.

If his business is not incorporated, then you can put a lien on his house, or anything else he owns, assets etc. Your lawyer can check and see how he reports his business, online. I would also check and see if he is a member of the local chamber of commerce. If so, you can send them a complaint also.

My lawyer is real good. I usually end up getting 75% of the money without ever seeing a court room. Believe it or not, sadly that is a high return in most cases, no pun intended.

Good luck
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Seeing that we were friends, it was all a gentleman's agreement. We went out to breakfast one morning and I gave him the check before we parted ways. Based on the time that is on the check, he proceeded to go right to the bank.

The lawyer sent in a letter in August of last year. This was certified so we know that he received it. Pretty much said pay or you will be sued. The lawyer that I spoke with last week told me that I should be happy if I could get $3k out of him. At that point, I'd say want $6k in entertainment. The rest will be interest!

The only thing that might be in his name is his truck. He owes on that. I need to have someone call to see if he is still working as the Home and Garden guy. I didn't see anything at the house to tell me that he was but it could have been in the garage out back.

Someone suggested sending it to a collections agency. I hear they are ruthless so that might be a good option too.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing that we were friends, it was all a gentleman's agreement. We went out to breakfast one morning and I gave him the check before we parted ways. Based on the time that is on the check, he proceeded to go right to the bank.

The lawyer sent in a letter in August of last year. This was certified so we know that he received it. Pretty much said pay or you will be sued. The lawyer that I spoke with last week told me that I should be happy if I could get $3k out of him. At that point, I'd say want $6k in entertainment. The rest will be interest!

The only thing that might be in his name is his truck. He owes on that. I need to have someone call to see if he is still working as the Home and Garden guy. I didn't see anything at the house to tell me that he was but it could have been in the garage out back.

Someone suggested sending it to a collections agency. I hear they are ruthless so that might be a good option too.
Good lord if you can get it to a collection agency and you want to annoy the **** out of him go for it...I used T-mobile for my cell phone, but for some reason Verizon had someone with the same name as me (not same SS number) and had them living in Shrewsbury. Thing is the guy was in Shrewsbury, PA and not Shrewsbury, MA and for about a week a collection agency kept calling me harrassing the **** out of me until I had to call verizon and talk to their billing/collection representative and give him my SS number and a ton of other info so it could be resolved so if you want to annoy the **** out of him def try a collection agency, they are BRUTAL
Old 12-18-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Those lawyers can soak up that alot of that $3k you might get. I think the entertainment value option is pretty good too, seeing that the money is old. Good luck with it, hope he sweats it out some. Some people will never change, sad to say. Maybe your entertainment will be so effective, he'll turn over a new leaf........................nah!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe everyone needs to take rounds on ordering pizza and chinese food to this guys house and ordering cabs there as well.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

hahahaha
Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zo6vetteman2003
Those lawyers can soak up that alot of that $3k you might get. I think the entertainment value option is pretty good too, seeing that the money is old. Good luck with it, hope he sweats it out some. Some people will never change, sad to say. Maybe your entertainment will be so effective, he'll turn over a new leaf........................nah!
I just left a voicemail at a collection agency (thanks Matt!). Seems like they can be ruthless! I'll give you $ to get $ out of him. That and the sh*t that he might go through will be worth it!

Originally Posted by sweetness
maybe everyone needs to take rounds on ordering pizza and chinese food to this guys house and ordering cabs there as well.
You guys are absolutely free to do whatever you feel will be entertaining Especially if your close and know who goes there. We should have a scoring code to let everyone when I deed has been done. +1 for a cab or pizza, +2 for gay ****, +3 for a hot slim knocking on his door and saying that he's the father of her child ect.... Actually, the hot slim would give him waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to much credit. She's have to be on the other end of the rating system in the looks dept! That location might be a good place to get rid of some used trannys too!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

can i just have a comfirmation of this duechebags address??
Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

He is -

Jon Drewniak
69 Wallace Ave
Auburn, MA 01501

I think the collection agency will be the best way to make something happen now. I'll have to wait at least 6-8 months going through the courts and they usually move very slowly afterwards. A collection agency will haunt him forever. I couldn't find any Christmas cards that are made out to deadbeats so I bought one that is a money holder. The outside says "It doesn't matter what kind of stocking you have..." and on the inside - "it's what's inside that counts!". I'll be including collections form that says FINAL NOTICE! and let him know that it will be going into collections if he doesn't pay by a certain day (I'll probably give him a week). Plus, he'll also know that I know where he lives. A good way to say Happy Holidays!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

that is gonna be his favorite christmas card
Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

its a house right?? im in the mood to order 3 large with everything on them.... i hope jon is hungry ahhahhahhah
Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup, it's a one family -

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Does anyone know if spouses are responsible for eachother's bills in the state of MA? His wife makes decent money and owns property. I have no issue chasing her down for it. She probably benefited from my cash anyway.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tom we totally need to find the person with the loudest car around here to do 3 am drive bys of the house lol. and tha christmas card idea is the **** i wish you could get a picture of his face when he opens it.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I sent his "special card" out today. The payment demand notice also states that the collection agency will also be chasing after his spouse too. I hope his wife reads it first so she can worry about losing the house. That will then cause stress there
Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

I sent his "special card" out today. The payment demand notice also states that the collection agency will also be chasing after his spouse too. I hope his wife reads it first so she can worry about losing the house. That will then cause stress there
Merry Collections!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TB, this is great and up my ally for entertainment. You have earned a new customer.. I love the way you operate.

On that note, I wonder if he will enjoy his latest gift, just a little something special.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone order him pizza yet?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

If you don't mind. Long story short, I had a "friend" that was supposed to do some landscaping for me when I built my house. I gave him $6k up front to get him going but... he never really got going. Did about 4 hours of work and kept putting me off. It got to the point where I asked him for the money back and we'd just put it behind us. He laughed and hung up. Now I know why he had stories about problem clients that were chasing him for money. He moved for Marlboro, MA earlier this year and doesn't have anything in his name. The only address is a PO Box so I'm working on tracking him down. This address comes up as a new listing under his wife's name so I might have a match. I have him if I find her.

Thanks!
Same thing happened to me, different area though. We sued the crooks. Apparently the folks had been ripping people off for years. Don't wait on it!!!!!!! And then sue for punitive damage.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000LS1TA
Anyone order him pizza yet?

Haha **** pizza, he needs a flaming bag of dog doo on his doorstep..."He called the **** poop!"

Quick Reply: Anyone live near Auburn, MA