Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone live near Auburn, MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking into other ways to get him on this. It's not really his wife's fault so I (almost) feel bad about bringing her into this. I'm sure he twisted the story when he told her what was going on but in the end it comes down to him not doing the work that he was supposed to and keeping the money. I talked to her just after all of this happened. She sided with him so... I consider her to be "guilty" too!

They should get the card today! It would be funny if he started getting hate mail from all over the country. Actually, most of us are on alot of boards. I wonder how fast his info can be spread across the net. People that have been screwed over by contractors, contractors pissed about him giving them a bad name and people that are upset because Santa didn't bring them what they wanted could write to this guy and tell him how they feel. Nothing illegal about that. The post office would have to deliver this mail with a 40' trailer!

I saw a website that listed bad contractors before. I haven't found that one yet but did locate these -

http://www.contractorsfromhell.com/cfh_intro.html

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=562746&rfi=6

http://www.contractorsthatsuck.com/ (not up yet)

I need to go through the first site for some ideas.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't realize where in Mass this was, but just realized that it's pretty close to my brother, he lives in Fiskdale near Sturbridge.

Here's the sad thing, he's probably done this to other people as well. If he has kids, they are the ones who really will suffer. If he's enough of a scumbag to do this to someone he WAS 'friends' with, imagine what he does to people he barely knows.

Best of luck, but don't be surprised if you never see a penny.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was talking to my wife about the page that I will be putting together. She asked if I throught that was kind of extreme because she wouldn't think of doing something like that. I asked how she would feel if someone took $6k from her and laughed when she asked to get it back. She saw my point after that.

I located pics of the work that he did (not much) and then others that I'll be using. Kind of felt bad for a little while but I quickly snapped out of that when my wallet desk and said "hey, what about me!".

He doesn't have any kids so I guess that's a good thing.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Today was a good day to put together some info. I'll register a domain for this over the weekend.

This is the person to watch out for -

and the Home and Garden logo -

Old 12-23-2006, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now we know what he looks like, and what he drives
Old 12-23-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

That is one of the old Home and Garden trucks. I drove 170 miles round trip to pick it up and drop it off at a dealer just before all of this started to go down. It shows what his logo looks like through.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

This is great that you were able to track him down. It is amazing that people think that they can hide.

When we bought our house, the previous onwers left a large heavy metal school desk on the front lawn, amongst other trash. During the closing, the previous owners said they arranged for it to be picked up. After a week, it still wasn't picked up. I did some searching and found the previous owners new address, even when the lawyers didn't know where she was. One voice mail to her new residence stating that I was going to return her desk to her new residence caused the desk to be picked up the next day.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6 John
This is great that you were able to track him down. It is amazing that people think that they can hide.

When we bought our house, the previous onwers left a large heavy metal school desk on the front lawn, amongst other trash. During the closing, the previous owners said they arranged for it to be picked up. After a week, it still wasn't picked up. I did some searching and found the previous owners new address, even when the lawyers didn't know where she was. One voice mail to her new residence stating that I was going to return her desk to her new residence caused the desk to be picked up the next day.
lol i would have returned it through their front door.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm going to had a seperate domain for the deadbeat but I put this together last night -

http://www.tbyrne.com/bewarehomeandgarden/

Quick Reply: Anyone live near Auburn, MA