Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish i could make it out to jenro's lane, but that weekend we raced was my last weekend of freedom for 45 days until my restriction kicks in, but ill be at bass pro since i live like a mile 1/2 away and can take back roads! Im gonna do a yankss3600 by the way, so i wanna go for a ride!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01CamaroZ28
I'm gonna try to head out there. I'd be up for rolling to bass pro after jenro's. I need to get some info from you guys on getting a cam. I want to try a Cam + Stock heads. I need to do some research though.

Just dont go and follow the retarded trend on this site right now...... I want 440rwhp with a Huge cam but i want it streetable......
And then wonder why it doesnt idle and is a dog down low.....
Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No...ive read about those and they dont seem to realistic for me. I just wanna make as close to 400rwhp as possible and add heads later. I'd rather hold off on the heads and do some suspension and new tires+wheels....
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
wish i could make it out to jenro's lane, but that weekend we raced was my last weekend of freedom for 45 days until my restriction kicks in, but ill be at bass pro since i live like a mile 1/2 away and can take back roads! Im gonna do a yankss3600 by the way, so i wanna go for a ride!!
I should be over there after the 1st. Then we can do something. I need to find someone that can help with a tune, do u know anybody??

lane
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

well, ive got a friend who lives in va beach who has ANOTHER friend who tunes his car. Both are members here. My buddies name on here is Raise. shoot him a pm and tell him darren sent ya! I know Bshell does tunes but not sure if it will do ur car and also fratsit offered to help me do one on mine, so those are afew names for ya. Ya and we definatly need to hook up, im in the process of getting some new wheels right now. i hate these damn snowflake wheels.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't mind helping you out with a tune Lane, but I've kind of gotten away from tuning other cars lately. My wideband is now permanently installed and I sold my portable one to another Hampton Roads member. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in our area that can help you out.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

That would be cool guys, All I am looking for is a little better drivability for the highway, and Make sure I won't have any complications with my car on the long trip I am about to take. Maybe get a little better gas Mileage out of it.

Lane
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

sorry to drop ur name like that brian, just figured u know alot about that stuff, so u would be a place to start. Take it as a compliment!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:06 AM
TECH Regular

I don't mind at all. I can still help people out with some stuff. I just can't tune full throttle, and don't like tuning idle, without a portable wideband. I can still do the part throttle stuff using the stock O2s, it just takes longer than it would with a wideband.

I will say that if anyone on here is having codes thrown or needs a code deleted, just let me know and I will bring my laptop to Jenro's or BassPro. I have licenses for all years of 99 and 02 fbodies.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by bshell
I don't mind at all. I can still help people out with some stuff. I just can't tune full throttle, and don't like tuning idle, without a portable wideband. I can still do the part throttle stuff using the stock O2s, it just takes longer than it would with a wideband.

I will say that if anyone on here is having codes thrown or needs a code deleted, just let me know and I will bring my laptop to Jenro's or BassPro. I have licenses for all years of 99 and 02 fbodies.
do you have capabilities to do a '00 truck?? I'm throwing a code...

I'll be out at bass pro this weekend too... probably somewhere parked close to Gyrene...

I'm getting a tune soon enough but I'd like to find out whats going on in there in the mean time if possible...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Guys,

I would be willing to offer up my WBO2 to help. I have an LM1 and the exhaust clamp. I STRONGLY encourage you to get a bung welded in your exhaust, though. Trust me...taking a reading from the tailpipe is not the most reliable.

When are looking at doing this? I am packed Saturday during the day. If we can all hook up Sat night at Bass Pro we can coordinate. Some of you guys that are experienced in tuning I would like to hit you up for knowledge, too. I still have alot of work to do on my tune. I was monitoring AFR this morning on the way to work and at 2200rpms, 45mph, and in 4th gear I was 13-13.6:1. I am thinking I need to lean it out in cruise a bit.

Bshell... are you using HPtuners or EFIlive?

R/

Frat

Last edited by Fratsit; 03-29-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

I allready have a bung welded in my exhaust. So one plus there. I would greatly appriciate it if somenone could help out. I would be willing to throw some money your way or maybe a case or two of your fav beer.. I just wanna make sure she is running fine for my upcoming trip, not really trying to get more horses or anything. Just better than 18-20 miles per gallon on the highway. You know what I mean??? Well thanks in advance. Let me know

I will bring my portable ramps too that way I can easily get under the car to set it up.

Lane
Old 03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys,
I just picked up another Camaro!! I now have a 25th and 35th Anniversary Camaro's!!! Here are some pics...https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet-camaro-1967-2002/684551-collection-has-started.html
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crazylane
I allready have a bung welded in my exhaust. So one plus there. I would greatly appriciate it if somenone could help out. I would be willing to throw some money your way or maybe a case or two of your fav beer.. I just wanna make sure she is running fine for my upcoming trip, not really trying to get more horses or anything. Just better than 18-20 miles per gallon on the highway. You know what I mean??? Well thanks in advance. Let me know

I will bring my portable ramps too that way I can easily get under the car to set it up.

Lane
We can see what your AFR is at idle, cruise and WOT. To be honest it would take some time to properly play with your DFCO tables to try and save you some MPG. Are you still stock cam and heads?

I can scan your car all day with EFIlive, but to make any changes I would need to license your VIN to my cable. That costs $99.00.

I would like to get "bshell" involved in this if he is willing, as I am still learning the tuning realm.

Good deal on the bung. That makes things alot easier.

R/

Frat
Old 03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fratsit
We can see what your AFR is at idle, cruise and WOT. To be honest it would take some time to properly play with your DFCO tables to try and save you some MPG. Are you still stock cam and heads?

I can scan your car all day with EFIlive, but to make any changes I would need to license your VIN to my cable. That costs $99.00.

I would like to get "bshell" involved in this if he is willing, as I am still learning the tuning realm.

Good deal on the bung. That makes things alot easier.

R/

Frat
Ok that sounds cool. No I have not had time to put the cam in. It probibly won't happen until I get up to washington, I leave on May 1st, and this month is packed with things I have to do before I leave, More work issues than ever. I have about 23 jobs I have to have comleted before I leave, that way when the new First class gets here, he won't be loaded. He does not know how to run a CNC yet, so it should be really interesting. Lol. O well.

Lane
Old 03-29-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like the weather is holding for tomorrow and the plan is to head to VMP for some testing tomorrow.....

Anyone else going???

Kyle
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
do you have capabilities to do a '00 truck?? I'm throwing a code...

I'll be out at bass pro this weekend too... probably somewhere parked close to Gyrene...

I'm getting a tune soon enough but I'd like to find out whats going on in there in the mean time if possible...
I can scan all years / models of lsx based vehicles (and some others). I believe Fratsit can also. I can't change anything for you without buying a license first.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Looks like the weather is holding for tomorrow and the plan is to head to VMP for some testing tomorrow.....

Anyone else going???

Kyle

Wish I could but i work til 9 tomorrow...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fratsit
Bshell... are you using HPtuners or EFIlive?

R/

Frat
Hey Fratsit,

I'm using HPtuners with an AEM wb. Sorry for not catching up with you on the Vinson. Work has been crazy for me lately, and now that I'm in ste school my brain is fried!

I'll be at Jenro's and BassPro this Saturday. What time are you guys meeting at BP?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bshell
I can scan all years / models of lsx based vehicles (and some others). I believe Fratsit can also. I can't change anything for you without buying a license first.
Same here.

R/

Frat

Quick Reply: All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!