Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey gyrene the badges are about to go, i found some 1969 script Camaro badges i like alot, just need a quote from a body shop on getting them done right...
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
well i didnt go to jenro's and wont be going for awhile because im on a 45 day restricted license but ill be back out thier in the beggining of may. i will however be at bass pro since its like a mile and i dont have to take main roads. Was an awesome turn out at bass pro last night.
Cool deal... I decided to say home. I'll be out next weekend, though.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be out next weekend, I've been busy...

Head install is finished. Been driving around for a bit to see how much tuning I’ll need to do. I can already tell these heads are putting out a lot more power. Mid range and top end feel awesome! I’m going to call Abacus on Monday to try and schedule some dyno time next Saturday to get some #s and dial in the top end.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

those are TFS heads right? had anything done to them before the install, any milling?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Milled down to 61cc chambers. I'm using stock MLS gaskets to get just over 11:1 cr.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bshell
Milled down to 61cc chambers. I'm using stock MLS gaskets to get just over 11:1 cr.
SWEET..

We should be out next Sat. Not sure how long since we might be going to MIR on Sunday......

Had a blast this weekend away..... the Shannandoa Valley is an awsome place to drive around and see VA.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bshell
damn man, cant wait to see the new numbers...
Old 03-25-2007, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kyle, did you test thursday?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by promod1955
Kyle, did you test thursday?

Nah i was ready and so was the car...... tires, fuel in the car and 2 step..... i was off work at 3pm but my buddy who was going to tow me up called me sick around 2:30 so i didnt make it.....
Shooting for this weekend if the weather stays.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Anyone know a Black WS6 Lowered with a STS kit and Front mount Intercooler????
I saw him over in Portmouth this afternoon...
saw it at the shop one day changing his oil... he said steen built it... and honestly, no offense to this guy, it looks like a hack job... the motor wasnt looking or sounding really healthy and he was pushing all kinds of oil out of the turbo and it only had a couple thousand miles on it... not to mention, we all should know how proud Steen is of their "work"

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
yeah, silver-mod-o started to push me towards an SS3600.
you liked the ride around the block then??
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah i was ready and so was the car...... tires, fuel in the car and 2 step..... i was off work at 3pm but my buddy who was going to tow me up called me sick around 2:30 so i didnt make it.....
Shooting for this weekend if the weather stays.
That sucks. You gonna go to MIR?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
saw it at the shop one day changing his oil... he said steen built it... and honestly, no offense to this guy, it looks like a hack job... the motor wasnt looking or sounding really healthy and he was pushing all kinds of oil out of the turbo and it only had a couple thousand miles on it... not to mention, we all should know how proud Steen is of their "work"

you liked the ride around the block then??

Damn man..... that sucks... the oil leek problem should be a real quick fix... sounds to me like its not done right... he might not have a oil restrictor in his feed line and is probably blowing to much oil into the turbo..... if ya know him or see him and talk to him anyone send him my way and ill try and help him out....................

Where did ya see him at???

Send him to Jenro's or Bass Pro....

I started thinking....... not sure if ill be at Bass Pro int he car if we race on sunday....... i have 118 in the tank..... and that can be kinda spendy to drive out there and back...... $11.50 a Gal LOL

Kyle
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by promod1955
That sucks. You gonna go to MIR?

I want to..... not sure just yet %100... you going to VMP on Sat????
You ever rent out that flat car hauler you got????
Ill give ya a call if ya need me too....
I just need to get this damn thing to the track... man its getting to me LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Damn man..... that sucks... the oil leek problem should be a real quick fix... sounds to me like its not done right... he might not have a oil restrictor in his feed line and is probably blowing to much oil into the turbo..... if ya know him or see him and talk to him anyone send him my way and ill try and help him out....................
Well I work the hobby shop on base so I see all kinds of vehicles come through there... I normally walk around the shop and help customers when needed or just park my *** in the tool room and issue tools LOL... its a pretty skate job. but I normally take a glance at any LS1 cars that come through and inform them of Jenro's, Bass Pro, 'Tech, HRFbody and just general knowledge and answer general questions they may have. I dont claim to be a genius with GEN III/IV's but I know a little from trial and error... I just try to shed some light for them...

-I tried to give the the guy some advice but it seemed like he wasnt trying to hear it... Seems like the only person he was trying to listen to was Jason @ Steen....
Old 03-26-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just checking in, hopfully we'll be back up that way if the Air Force says we can. We miss the Jenro's hangouts!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Well I work the hobby shop on base so I see all kinds of vehicles come through there... I normally walk around the shop and help customers when needed or just park my *** in the tool room and issue tools LOL... its a pretty skate job. but I normally take a glance at any LS1 cars that come through and inform them of Jenro's, Bass Pro, 'Tech, HRFbody and just general knowledge and answer general questions they may have. I dont claim to be a genius with GEN III/IV's but I know a little from trial and error... I just try to shed some light for them...

-I tried to give the the guy some advice but it seemed like he wasnt trying to hear it... Seems like the only person he was trying to listen to was Jason @ Steen....
What base hobby shop do you work at?

R/

Frat
Old 03-26-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can only try LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by Fratsit
What base hobby shop do you work at?

R/

Frat

the one on Norfolk Naval Base... on the air side of the base...

You can only try LOL

Yeah, some people....

-I'm actually considering putting some boost on the 5.3 Kyle.... I was going to pick your brain a little next time I run into you....

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 03-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

I was wondering if any of you have the capability's on helping me out with a tune, Just something a little better than stock, cause I am going to have to drive the Car to Washington in a month, and I don't want to have to pay 400 to 500 hundred for it, But just maybe a 100 or so to get me by.

I should be out the weekend after next, I am currently in Wa, But if the weather permits, you think you guys would be up for a cruise to Bass pro? From Jenro's I think it would be fun to get a few people at a time to do it..

There are some badass rides over here too. I seen a 02 Z28 Over here, that had a 408 fully forged with a twin turbo set up, that thing was mean.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna try to head out there. I'd be up for rolling to bass pro after jenro's. I need to get some info from you guys on getting a cam. I want to try a Cam + Stock heads. I need to do some research though.

Quick Reply: All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!