Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroZ28
probably at my house is what im leaning towards now. So ill have all of my tools plus the mechanic's tools down the street if i need them. Would it be better to do it on jackstands since im changing the motormounts too? or lift is still better?
A lift would be so much easyier. Trust me, It sucks trying to work on your back, with akward things.

Lane
Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys... Anyone have HP Tuners for a 98 PCM???? There open licenses correct?? meaning it can program any 98 PCM correct???

Need some help....

Kyle
Old 04-10-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tried to fit my headers and y together an i noticed that they dont fit all the way. Would an exhaust place do it or is that too much hassle if im just going to install it anyway...? any ideas?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Hey Guys... Anyone have HP Tuners for a 98 PCM???? There open licenses correct?? meaning it can program any 98 PCM correct???

Need some help....

Kyle
Sorry Boss...

I have EFIlive, although I do believe 98's are free with HPTuners. Have you posted in the PCM Formum?

R/

Frat
Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now your EFI Live is only good for 99's correct???

Im trying to figure out a few things. Thanks for the help.

Kyle
Old 04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usmc41
Okay, first off, when I start the car it idles really high (1800-1900, when normally idles at 550 RPM) and then drops down below 500 RPM, where the car begins to shudder. This fluxuation of revolutions continues until the car dies out. Upon putting the car in either drive or reverse, the car imeadiately shuts off, so that I have to start the car up again, and then rev the engine slightly and slide the car into gear, so the car won't shut off. When driving normally, the car skips and seems to miss a little, and if left in Drive, will shut off when coming to a stop light. I have to downshift, and upshift as if driving a manual car. The check engine light is not on, and I need to figure out what's wrong with the car so that I may sell it and get and LS1. I have a buyer, but he won't pursue unless it's running correctly. It's very frustrating!!!! Can you help me???
Hmmm.. have you checked for vacume leaks? A high idle can be attributed to that. On my '92 I had the same problem when the purge seloniod on my charcoal cannister went out. Car would buck all over the place.

Also, try removing your Idle Air Control Motor and clean that. If it is gummed up it will cause an irratic idle, however, the car will drive. The IAC is in the throttle body, on the bottom. You cant miss it.

If you do not have a Check Engine light illuminated, then there may not be any codes stored. If you do take it in for a diagnostic check, find out if they will refund the charge for the check if they cannot find anything.

Take a look on www.thirdgen.org

There are alot of knowledgeable folks there, too. Stay in touch over here and let me know if this helps ya out.

R/

Frat
Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Now your EFI Live is only good for 99's correct???

Im trying to figure out a few things. Thanks for the help.

Kyle
No...it will work with all model year LS1's. I am not sure of the compatibility of EFIlive and HPtuners. I have my '99 licensed and my brothers 2000 SS licensed to my cable. Additional licenses are $99.00. I think 98's are unlimited like with HPT. I can scan any supported vehicle, to change the tune it takes a license.

HPT uses a credit system, I believe.

I would imagine with your mods, you have a COS. Are you SD, Alpha-N, or do you still use a MAF?

R/

Frat
Old 04-10-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fratsit
No...it will work with all model year LS1's. I am not sure of the compatibility of EFIlive and HPtuners. I have my '99 licensed and my brothers 2000 SS licensed to my cable. Additional licenses are $99.00. I think 98's are unlimited like with HPT. I can scan any supported vehicle, to change the tune it takes a license.

HPT uses a credit system, I believe.

I would imagine with your mods, you have a COS. Are you SD, Alpha-N, or do you still use a MAF?

R/

Frat

The way mine is set up the car thinks it has a MAF in a way.... its running SD with the MAF T Pro as the Piggy back setup controlling all the signals for fueling and coreecting AFR.

Now the timing is what i was wondering about.... the car was tuned on the timing and everything else by HP tuners and were wanting to only change the Timing for Race gas. I have a buddy who has and is pretty damn good at LS1 Edit to tune but we didnt know if connecting LS1 Edit to the car would mess up my tune from the HP tuner tune and if we could even adjust the timing and keep everything else the same or adjust it to what we needed...... ya get what im saying?????

Im leaving so much power on the table by running 16 degree's of timing on 118 fuel......timing down low and up top need to be adjusted.... im betting we can pick up 100+ HP from just playing with the timing and staying the same boost level......

Kyle
Old 04-10-2007, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
holy ****...an actual thread that was started for just VA folk?! about dropped when i saw this, thanks to a search about stock z28 tips that lead me here lol

u guys dont realize how bad i cant wait to get back home!!!!! got mah girl waitin on meh, my car that's beggin for a detail, an car shows to go to! ahhhhhh! i cant wait.. my camaro withdrawals are kickin in
Yeah, this thread was a carry over from the newbie forum, i think u posted in that thread a few times, just figured since that thread was like 10 pages we could open a new one, so good ol kyle got va pu in the eastern section and i started up this thread and its still goin strong with over 4,000 veiws and over 500 posts! So when are u commin home, may? hit me up immediatly, and we"ll do our whips at my crib and take the ladies out for some nice chow!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
So when are u commin home, may? hit me up immediatly, and we"ll do our whips at my crib and take the ladies out for some nice chow!

ya forgot T-Tops off or the the top dropped if ya gotem LOL
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Need some help....

Kyle
I'll check on this Kyle.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Yeah, this thread was a carry over from the newbie forum, i think u posted in that thread a few times, just figured since that thread was like 10 pages we could open a new one, so good ol kyle got va pu in the eastern section and i started up this thread and its still goin strong with over 4,000 veiws and over 500 posts! So when are u commin home, may? hit me up immediatly, and we"ll do our whips at my crib and take the ladies out for some nice chow!
awwwww yea.. haha, i cant wait for that dude! im tryin to get a pc buffer ordered before i leave here so it'll be home when i get back...but i dunno if u wanna spend all day on tryin to do that to my car from wut i've read, it takes all day for even one car. BUT, we HAVE to wax 'em up tho..

and oh yes, the tops are comin off when i get back! woowooo! i just gotta have fratsit help me out with the broken window motor...if i remember right, i still got the one rivet left an it looks like if i take it out, the whole assembly falls apart.

and gyrene - u fat-head...check ur inbox. i sent u a reply to ur first email about 2 weeks ago!

im also gettin some exhaust work done when i get back - ordering the parts before i leave so hopefully they'll be there when i get back!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Brian.......
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

You guys know anyone on here that llives in Va beach that has a black z28? I was messing with this mustang the smorning on my way to work. And I look over and on my passenger side a camaro is running right along side us. I was like holy **** were did he come from? Lol. Nice lookin car whomever it was..

Lane
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

The way mine is set up the car thinks it has a MAF in a way.... its running SD with the MAF T Pro as the Piggy back setup controlling all the signals for fueling and coreecting AFR.

Now the timing is what i was wondering about.... the car was tuned on the timing and everything else by HP tuners and were wanting to only change the Timing for Race gas. I have a buddy who has and is pretty damn good at LS1 Edit to tune but we didnt know if connecting LS1 Edit to the car would mess up my tune from the HP tuner tune and if we could even adjust the timing and keep everything else the same or adjust it to what we needed...... ya get what im saying?????

Im leaving so much power on the table by running 16 degree's of timing on 118 fuel......timing down low and up top need to be adjusted.... im betting we can pick up 100+ HP from just playing with the timing and staying the same boost level......

Kyle
I get ya..... I am not sure if LS1Edit will read a tune from HPT. If by "messing up" you mean LS1 Edit will corrupt your current tune... I am not sure. I dont think it would. The bigger problem would be making sure you match the correct tables in HPT with LS1Edit. If your running an HPT COS you best bet would be to hold out until you find someone with HPT.

Have you given any thought to buying your own tuning solution and doing it yourself? Its not all that difficult. EFIlive V1, Moates RR, and my LM1 cost me around $1600. You can go with a COS and ditch the MAF T Pro. Heck at your level a Big Stuff 3 may be a better bet.

I know there are guys in this area that have HPT. I have talked to 2 of 'em at Bass Pro....the problem is hoping they see this thread

Good luck.

R/

Frat
Old 04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fratsit
I get ya..... I am not sure if LS1Edit will read a tune from HPT. If by "messing up" you mean LS1 Edit will corrupt your current tune... I am not sure. I dont think it would. The bigger problem would be making sure you match the correct tables in HPT with LS1Edit. If your running an HPT COS you best bet would be to hold out until you find someone with HPT.

Have you given any thought to buying your own tuning solution and doing it yourself? Its not all that difficult. EFIlive V1, Moates RR, and my LM1 cost me around $1600. You can go with a COS and ditch the MAF T Pro. Heck at your level a Big Stuff 3 may be a better bet.

I know there are guys in this area that have HPT. I have talked to 2 of 'em at Bass Pro....the problem is hoping they see this thread

Good luck.

R/

Frat

Its under control....... Brian has HP Tuners and is hooking me up.... Im buying the 2 credits thats needed to get my car to work with his cable.......
So we should be ...golden...

Sooner or later ill do BS3... just alot going on right now.....

Thanks for the help guys... Brian knows i owe him one....

Kyle
Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well as it stands right now im palnning on putting my headers on sunday. So if anyone doesnt have plans you're more than welcome to swing by. I could use all of the help i can get!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Its under control....... Brian has HP Tuners and is hooking me up.... Im buying the 2 credits thats needed to get my car to work with his cable.......
So we should be ...golden...

Sooner or later ill do BS3... just alot going on right now.....

Thanks for the help guys... Brian knows i owe him one....

Kyle
Cool.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01CamaroZ28
well as it stands right now im palnning on putting my headers on sunday. So if anyone doesnt have plans you're more than welcome to swing by. I could use all of the help i can get!
where at?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazylane
You guys know anyone on here that llives in Va beach that has a black z28? I was messing with this mustang the smorning on my way to work. And I look over and on my passenger side a camaro is running right along side us. I was like holy **** were did he come from? Lol. Nice lookin car whomever it was..

Lane
there are a couple, three just in my apartment complex including me...

Quick Reply: All My Hampton Roads Peeps Check In Here!!!