Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
I'm an econ major, if you want a 70 some hour long lecture why nothing is wrong with buying a Toyota don't tempt me

I would like to hear whats so good about buying a Toy.. I'm a Union Carpenter and I'm sure the Toy cars made here are made by UAW workers which helps the economy of the state and gov but part of that cash goes straight overseas

I rarely go to e-town myself but honestly with toyota pushing hard as of late i'm not shocked to hear this. First Nascar and now trucks. If they ever get a sports car back out goodness.
Dude Toyota has had recalls out of their *** lately. They are doing good in terms of mass producing cars and passing Ford as the 2nd biggest auto maker but their lineup of automobiles is disgusting. If they did produce a a sports car nothing would happen.. The skyline from Nissan is the big buzz now. Toy better keep hyping up the Tundra because their lineup is
Old 02-27-2007, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyota recalled more cars than they manufactured last year, after action was taken by the Japanese govt for the cover up of known issues. "Recalls are also on the rise in Japan, where police and prosecutors are investigating possible professional negligance for shirking recalls for eight years". The company responds: "We used to do quiet recall, called 'service campaigns' to deal with many defects, but we're not going to hide anything anymore," says one senior engineer. "Most of the known defects are now handled through recalls."

All from an article printed in the Wall Street Journal, 8/2006
Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
my S10 was built in livingston NJ. my colorado was built in either kentucky or tennessee, whichever hick state. point is, not every american vehicle was built overseas. yeah, fbodies were made in canada, but come on, thats america jr. where would they be without us, eh?
I think you mean Linden NJ where your S-10 was bulit, there's definetly no auto factories in Livingston.
And im sure it was the highest bidder who got the deal with the track, it's disappointing something as all-American as drag racing(as with other racing) has track sponsership's from foreign based manufacturer's. It's also about the image thats portrayed and the overall direction of this country
Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skipper
I think you mean Linden NJ where your S-10 was bulit, there's definetly no auto factories in Livingston.
And im sure it was the highest bidder who got the deal with the track, it's disappointing something as all-American as drag racing(as with other racing) has track sponsership's from foreign based manufacturer's. It's also about the image thats portrayed and the overall direction of this country
At one time they built them in Linden, NJ, but that plant closed a couple years ago.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

That Is Insane....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

i did mean Linden.....it was an L word anyway. im sure it closed, as they dont make the S10s anymore. mine was a 96.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
What recalls?
You're kidding right?
Not sure which is more scary...the fact that some (naive) people actually believe that all Toyotas are perfect and infallible vehicles or the hoops that Toyota jumps through to hide said recalls/quality issues so that keeping people in the dark like that is even possible.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
You're kidding right?
Not sure which is more scary...the fact that some (naive) people actually believe that all Toyotas are perfect and infallible vehicles or the hoops that Toyota jumps through to hide said recalls/quality issues so that keeping people in the dark like that is even possible.

Um yeah, thats why I used that icon. I work for a service department and send MANY Toyotas to the dealer, especially early '00s Corollas.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

this is sad to see.

i dont care if jessica simpson assembles toyotas nude id never buy one.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skipper
yeah well, capitalism is the american way...you can buy anything if you can cough up the cash
Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

I will never buy a non-American "Engineered" vehicle.

This covers my *** for the camaro which, as said previously, was built in the american province of canuck.

If GM goes out of business in 3 years, Ill just buy three silverados and keep two in storage for 20 years, drive the current one into the ground, then take out another, do the same, and again. By 80, Ill surely be damned close to not driving/not wanting to drive anymore.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
Um yeah, thats why I used that icon. I work for a service department and send MANY Toyotas to the dealer, especially early '00s Corollas.
Oh ok, I wasn't sure...nevermind.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Launching!

Default Ban E-Town

I'm banning E-Town and any events that they hold from now on and I'll email them to let management know.

This way the ricers can totally take over the track now!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Launching!

What's shitty is that Toy can recall that many cars and still beat the
**** out of Ford and GM. I still want to se what GM puts up this year.
They better have had a stellar 4th quarter.

On another note, I don't know how people can stand so strong with a
manufacuterer that all but pissed on the people that had piston slap
problems.

I could give a **** less who sponsors them. You guys should be more
pissed at the American car companies for not ponying up the cash to keep them
damn japs out of something so holy as a drag strip. E - Town is a buisness,
they made a smart buisness desicion based on the whole picture.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Veteran

My friend who is in Texas making those Tundras.

I'm an econ major, if you want a 70 some hour long lecture why nothing is wrong with buying a Toyota don't tempt me

It's a flat out awesome truck to me many people and alot of the mags, it's better then anything designed over here.

I rarely go to e-town myself but honestly with toyota pushing hard as of late i'm not shocked to hear this. First Nascar and now trucks. If they ever get a sports car back out goodness.
Are you kidding me? Better than anything designed over here?? Toyota can't wipe the sweat off GM and Ford's ***** when it comes to big truck design. You couldn't be more wrong. I also majored in Economics with a minor in Financing. I would love to hear your 70 hour lecture...

And while you are still in school, take some grammar lessons.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Are you kidding me? Better than anything designed over here?? Toyota can't wipe the sweat off GM and Ford's ***** when it comes to big truck design. You couldn't be more wrong. I also majored in Economics with a minor in Financing. I would love to hear your 70 hour lecture...

And while you are still in school, take some grammar lessons.
this is true...but theyre doing a damn good job in marketing their new ****.

idk what everyone is so pissed off at E Town for. Toyota probably had the best deal. GM, Ford, and Crystler probably couldnt, or didnt want to do dick..so Toyota got the contract.

Youre telling me if you were running E town you wouldnt go for the better deal?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

If I compare my 06 F-150 XLT w/ "Tow & Go" package to an equivilant Toyota Tundra SR5 w/ 5.7 and tow package, here's how it shakes out:

CrewMax SR5 5.7L V8 (4x4) - $33,985
Supercrew F150 5.4L XLT(4x4)- $26,995 less $3000 rebate OR 0.9% APR

You can almost buy a F-250 Superduty Diesel for what you pay for a Toyota Tundra! You will NEVER see Toyota offer the same APR's (thier F&I folks are crooks) or go a "nickel over tissue" for a customer. They ALWAYS look for spot deliveries (same day) and the Japanese themselves look down upon salespeople as lowest of the low class.

I no longer work for Ford- but they hold the record of like 28 years best trucks. GM's trucks have also been up there as well.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

This is sad. We are losing our heritage as Americans everyday to foriegn influences. I thought maybe they would at least leave drag racing alone, they already soiled NASCAR...

I won't deny Toyota builds a great car, but whatever happened to just leaving somethings purely American?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. B
I no longer work for Ford- but they hold the record of like 28 years best trucks. GM's trucks have also been up there as well.
True, the Ford F-150 series has been the number one selling vehicle in the U.S. with the Chevrolet/GMC full sizes a close second for multiple years now, and this is how it should be.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 69Cougar
This is sad. We are losing our heritage as Americans everyday to foriegn influences.

This is true. Our trade deficit shows that!

x2 for wanting to hear the 70 hr lecture. Just because.

Quick Reply: Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...