Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
So you're actually trying to say/claim that the Pontiac G6 is built on the same platform as the Toyota Solara (just as the Vibe and Matrix are built on the same platform)?
They do have a similar look but last I heard the Solara was built off of the Camry line which again has nothing to do with Pontiac.

Just an FYI, when offering opinions and challenging other's opinions it's best to have credible information if you expect to be taken seriously.
Look at the cars side by side and u will see alot of similarity in them just like u do with the Matrix and vibe. Im sorry folks but GM and toyota are working together and the vibe and matrix is proof.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetnStrip
Look at the cars side by side and u will see alot of similarity in them just like u do with the Matrix and vibe. Im sorry folks but GM and toyota are working together and the vibe and matrix is proof.
I work at a GM store, and previously worked at a Toyota store, so I would consider myself "in the know". ALL manufacturers work together. The Vibe and the Matrix are the same, however there is no car in the GM line that is comparable to a Corolla, except for a Cobalt, and thats definantly not something that is produced by both. The G6 is not on ANY Toy platform.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
I work at a GM store, and previously worked at a Toyota store, so I would consider myself "in the know". ALL manufacturers work together. The Vibe and the Matrix are the same, however there is no car in the GM line that is comparable to a Corolla, except for a Cobalt, and thats definantly not something that is produced by both. The G6 is not on ANY Toy platform.
The corrola is the same as the vibe and the matrix the only difference is ones a 4door the other is a wagon. When Im sayin there the same Im saying I can take a corrolla front structor and use it on a vibe or matrix if I needed. Im not tryin to turn this into an arguing match but come one people. If these cars are similar in alot of ways then GM and toyota are working together. I mean those cars are just like the camaro and firebird. Alot of parts interchange but alot of parts dont. The vibe engine is a 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder 126 hp @ 6000 rpm; 122 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm which is the same motor as the matrix. Also that motor is the same motor as the corrolla. Is this not enough proof to show there working together?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StreetnStrip
The corrola is the same as the vibe and the matrix the only difference is ones a 4door the other is a wagon. When Im sayin there the same Im saying I can take a corrolla front structor and use it on a vibe or matrix if I needed. Im not tryin to turn this into an arguing match but come one people. If these cars are similar in alot of ways then GM and toyota are working together. I mean those cars are just like the camaro and firebird. Alot of parts interchange but alot of parts dont. The vibe engine is a 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder 126 hp @ 6000 rpm; 122 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm which is the same motor as the matrix. Also that motor is the same motor as the corrolla. Is this not enough proof to show there working together?

you sound pretty knowledgible about...well everythin.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Borderlinedragracing
you sound pretty knowledgible about...well everythin.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr. B
E-Town!

"We feel the full line of Toyota Vehicles will perfectly fit our spectator and participant demographic.
The only car that might appeal to the "demographic" would be a supra and they don't even make it anymore

Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dukekid68
The only car that might appeal to the "demographic" would be a supra and they don't even make it anymore

...or a riced, 4 story winged Celica, oh wait a minute, TOY dosen't make that anymore either.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dailydriver
...or a riced, 4 story winged Celica, oh wait a minute, TOY dosen't make that anymore either.

I wouldn't keep making a car that didn't sell for crap either wait, I think that was GM's excuse for the F-body
Old 03-11-2007, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

i was at e-town yesterday for the corvette trophy race/ corvette day. while there was very little if not any rice, the announcer did make it a point to mention how toyota is the official vehicle of e-town. he almost said it in a sarcastic sort of way, and how the one lane is gonna be the "toyota" lane.

it is all corporate nonesense, toyota puts up $$$ so do you BLAME e-town? i still refuse to run there but i don't blame them for making what seems to be a smart business decision.

TOYOTAS ARE GOOD VEHICLES, I DON'T CARE WHERE THEY ARE MADE THEY ARE QUALITY VEHICLES THAT LAST A LONG TIME, ARE PRICED WELL, AND ARE RELIABLE. all i gotta say is "remember the supras". the camry is still a great all around driver car. they got the tundra. hell i like toyotas!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
all i gotta say is "remember the supras".
Remember the Supras? What, like this one:

Or perhaps you're referring to the later MkIV models...for the record plenty of the ones you might see on the road are likely the automatic, naturally aspirated versions, a whopping 15 second car at best ya know, not all of them are ultra fast turbo models that so many tend to worship.

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
TOYOTAS ARE GOOD VEHICLES, I DON'T CARE WHERE THEY ARE MADE THEY ARE QUALITY VEHICLES THAT LAST A LONG TIME, ARE PRICED WELL, AND ARE RELIABLE.
Same can be said about GM and Ford vehicles.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

a couple things...

As I understand it, ALL the ls1 fbodies were built outside the USA.

Toyota is a publicly held company, so you could have the profits go to you if you buy symbol TMC. ;-)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

damn.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

now this means the finish line boards will say goodyear on one side, and toyota on the other. looks like i know which lane i'll be choosing to run on.

...toyota all the way.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

...sike.

Quick Reply: Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...