Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you think the quality of GM's late 80's passanger cars is better the Toyota's?
Chevy, Ford they has muscle cars, camaros, mustangs, and they were comparing them tot eh quality of a corrolla, come on a 300hp car verse a car that undoubtdley doesnt even have enough power to break a part
That is what you said. I was using hyperboly to show that it's foolish to compare the 2 types of cars there pal.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Exactly.. the F-150/Mark LT and Silverado/GMC are light trucks.

Toyota is adding bigger brakes, rotors, calipers, heavier tranny, etc comes at a cost. Fuel Economy and overall price.

They will push Toyota by wooing the typical truck buyer.. but Chevy and Ford will retain the loyal Truck crown.
Real truck buyers have been humored by the fact that the Tundra uses a timing belt. The only vehicle in the GM lineup that doesnt use a timing chain is the Aveo.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Toyota is being smart in thier marketing. They know they will never get the hardcore truck crowd. Why even try? They get the other people and make a buck.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obsolete346
Toyota is being smart in thier marketing. They know they will never get the hardcore truck crowd. Why even try? They get the other people and make a buck.
Good point, they know they wont get people that actually use their truck day in and day out. so lets get the 30 year old guy with 3 kids that uses it to tow a jet ski once a year. then they will have great reliability ratings, the trucks wont be used for anything. maybe thats why the T-100's and tacomas have decent reliability ratings??
Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch this video. When a Toyota truck can do this, then come talk to me.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/2...ures/index.asp
Old 03-01-2007, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Watch this video. When a Toyota truck can do this, then come talk to me.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/2...ures/index.asp
For the price of thier gas Tundra, you can get a F-250 Superduty Diesel.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr. B
For the price of thier gas Tundra, you can get a F-250 Superduty Diesel.
A twin turbo 6.4L diesel V8 no less.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrgicehc
Good point, they know they wont get people that actually use their truck day in and day out. so lets get the 30 year old guy with 3 kids that uses it to tow a jet ski once a year. then they will have great reliability ratings, the trucks wont be used for anything. maybe thats why the T-100's and tacomas have decent reliability ratings??
Thank you for bringing that up.

I recently acquired the resources to do such a study, and I am going to get right on that. If that is true, it could really drop a deuce in Toyota's plate.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i didnt read through all 4 pages but i read enough to see what was going on.
first off....i work for a Toyota dealer in the service department and i can tell you that the majority of these Recalls that everyone is hangin Toyota on are more of a Quality control situation than anything else.

i can tell you first hand that Toyota's customer service and Quality control are top notch. How many of you guys had a hard time with your "piston slap" issue on your LS1's??? how many people actually had a GM dealer step up and say, "ok, we're gonna do what we need to do to fix it"?? not me, they told me to go pound sand...so here i am with a farely bran new car with only 11k miles on it, knocking away and GM is tellin me they wont do anything about it.
Toyota is repairing, FREE OF CHARGE, engines in Sienna's, Camrys, Solaras from 99-02 if there is any sign of sludge build up. which means if you have a 00 camry with 150k miles on it and theres even the slightest bit of sluge found, they overhaul your engine, no charge. thats steppin up to the plate and taking care of people.

i agree that the Tundra is way over priced IMO...but it is one hell of a Truck compared to some of the flimsy interiors that ive seen in Dodges and GM trucks.

Raceway park chose the best Contract...not the best Truck. they DIDNT sell out. they are lookin out for them...its in their best interest right now to work with Toyota...its as simple as that.

ive works for 2 of the 3 american car companys and i can tell you first hand that when it comes to breakin down and warranty repairs....Toyota is 2 steps ahead of everyone. These toyotas come in for maintenance services and State inspections...some break down, but no where near what i used to deal with at chrysler or GM.

i personally will never buy a vehicle just to stay brand loyal or american just because. im gonna buy a vehicle that im gonna feel comfortable knowing its gonna be reliable with my child and wife in it driving around in the city..period.
First of all everyone should pissed at GM, Ford and Chrysler for not caring enough to out bid Toyota for the Englishtown sponsorship. I can’t fault Toyota for wanting the exposure and I can’t fault Englishtown taking Toyota’s money.

Moving along……….The GM piston slap and the Toyota sludge are totally different issues. The piston slap while annoying does nothing to compromise the longevity of the engine. Personally I complained to a dealer about the piston slap on my car. The service manager said don’t worry about it and gave me a 6yr 100,000 mile extended warranty for any problems stemming from this issue. I’ve yet to hear of any engine failures as a direct result of the piston slap issue.

Toyota’s sludge problem on the other hand has resulted in 1000’s of engine failures. Initially Toyota denied virtually every claim. They didn’t begin to take care of the issue until they were slapped with a class action lawsuit. You left that part out.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ettlement.html
Old 03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Well guys alot of u hate toyota but from what Im seeing it looks like to me GM and toyota are working together. I thought I heard before they combined but I cant find the proof. I do know that the Toyota Corrolla, matrix are the same as the Pontiac Vibe. And the G6 is the same as the toyota avalon. So if ur sayin Toyota sucks then ur sayin GM sucks to.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by StreetnStrip
I do know that the Toyota Corrolla, matrix are the same as the Pontiac Vibe. And the G6 is the same as the toyota avalon. So if ur sayin Toyota sucks then ur sayin GM sucks to.
The Corolla at one time was built alongside of the GEO Prizm (later called the Chevrolet Prizm) at the NUMMI plant out west and yes the Vibe and the Matrix are the same underneath.
I have no idea where you got that G6 info from though, the Avalon is built off of a stretched Camry platform and as far I know has NO ties to any Pontiacs.

And by your same logic, the same geniuses that always say that GM sucks and that Toyota is the end all be all also likely have no clue that their Matrix or Corolla is/was a GM underneath as well.
It goes both ways.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Launching!

Well guys alot of u hate toyota but from what Im seeing it looks like to me GM and toyota are working together. I thought I heard before they combined but I cant find the proof. I do know that the Toyota Corrolla, matrix are the same as the Pontiac Vibe. And the G6 is the same as the toyota avalon. So if ur sayin Toyota sucks then ur sayin GM sucks to.

the pontiac vibe is not a matrix and the G6 is not an avalon, idk where your getting your facts from but there not correct. GM has no ties to toyota right now, that ended with the end of the Prizm. the vibe is in the same class as the matrix and a G6 is smaller than an avalon...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

the Vibe and matrix definetly ARE a shared platform. Just sit in a Vibe and you'll see it all around you. Under the hood and the unibody, even more so.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Matrix:

Vibe:

engine comparison:
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Borderlinedragracing
the pontiac vibe is not a matrix and the G6 is not an avalon, idk where your getting your facts from but there not correct. GM has no ties to toyota right now, that ended with the end of the Prizm. the vibe is in the same class as the matrix and a G6 is smaller than an avalon...
Have u ever worked on any of these cars and have u ever owned one of these cars. I worked on a pontiac vibe and my girfreind corrolla. The front structure and the engine are the same. Dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about because I do. U should do a search or better yet go to the dealership and have a look for urself and ull see Im correct. When i said about the G6 I might the 2 door G6 and the 2door avalon. Thank you.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
the Vibe and matrix definetly ARE a shared platform. Just sit in a Vibe and you'll see it all around you. Under the hood and the unibody, even more so.
Thank you
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

When i said about the G6 I might the 2 door G6 and the 2door avalon.
When did TOY make a 2 door Avalon?? Did I miss something??
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by dailydriver
When did TOY make a 2 door Avalon?? Did I miss something??
sorry i ment to say Solara.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Question

sorry i ment to say Solara.
So you're actually trying to say/claim that the Pontiac G6 is built on the same platform as the Toyota Solara (just as the Vibe and Matrix are built on the same platform)?
They do have a similar look but last I heard the Solara was built off of the Camry line which again has nothing to do with Pontiac.

Just an FYI, when offering opinions and challenging other's opinions it's best to have credible information if you expect to be taken seriously.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Launching!

im sorry about the vibe, u are right i wasnt aware they were so alike...and i will tell you i have been working at a Chevrolet dealership for the past 4 years and am very credible with product knowledge...a G6 is not related in anyway to a Camry/solara/avalon....im very surprised to see about the vibe because of the war going on between GM and toyota. and ya i have worked on all of them including the toyotas.

Quick Reply: Toyota is now Official Vehicle of...