Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
nope,just tired of hearing everybody bitching about onething or another.I have alot of opinions of my own but i dont come on here talking about them.
I dont like the color green but do you hear me going around saying that green cars shouldnt come to bass pro because i dont like them?NO I DONT!!!
I feel ya Shawn, I will keep my opinions to myself because I like everyone. I'm just glad we have a decent place to hang for a few hours.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

What? no. What is the point in having an opinion if you arnt allowed to express them? If you dont like somones opinion then dont listen to it. That simple. The bbs is here for opinions, thats the whole point of it.

on a note about the trailer queens...i thought that 60s mustang with the blower was f'in SICK!

edit: MY opinion on bps is that every car should be allowed there import, domestic, trailer queen, dyno queen, whatever. It's a CAR show, not a DOMESTIC show etc etc
Old 09-03-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kyle and NVR KNO, I haven't been out much lately. A few weekends ago I was running a built GN and something let go in the shortblock. I haven't taken it out of the car yet, but it sounds like a broken wrist pin.

Been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the car: https://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-lounge/773090-need-direction-my-broken-car-poll.html
Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
lol. Understandable; if i was to put in my .02 i would say id rather prove my **** on the streets (although compared to you guys atm i cant prove a damn thing but that im slow )

Im way over that too........................

Ive totaled a car street racing.......

And now we live in the worst state for that....

You need to talk to our Buddy Dickey about street racing......

$2000 for just the lawyer, then the $40 a day for 2 months for the inpound fee's and the court costs...... then the $3K in fines........
Luckily he got out of it......

Kyle
Old 09-03-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

nope,just tired of hearing everybody bitching about onething or another.I have alot of opinions of my own but i dont come on here talking about them.

I dont like the color green but do you hear me going around saying that green cars shouldnt come to bass pro because i dont like them?NO I DONT!!!

Hey Now...... I have a Green car LOL
Old 09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Hey Now...... I have a Green car LOL
well....in meet the ******* they said green was the color of geniouses?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im way over that too........................

Ive totaled a car street racing.......

And now we live in the worst state for that....

You need to talk to our Buddy Dickey about street racing......

$2000 for just the lawyer, then the $40 a day for 2 months for the inpound fee's and the court costs...... then the $3K in fines........
Luckily he got out of it......

Kyle
Don't like to street race??? I think I will just come on here like the guy in the other thread and say you all are just a bunch of wuss's.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grifter757
Think I might cruise to Pungo today.
Weird. I went down to pungo ferry today and sat on the beach for a little bit. Felt nice to take a break.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

back to work.... uuughhhh.... how was everyone's long weekend?? I spent most of mine roadtripping... and doing a weeding.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

About the OLD guys im not thanking them for ****... there *** clowns and i dont care what they do for it....... the way they treated us last YR was like we were crap and didnt belong... so what there not doing it this YR.
We can always hang somewhere else.....
Maybe they changed the way they think this YR, but that doesnt change what they did last YR. I know alot of us havent forgot....
Your car wasnt out there....... ours was....

I think its awsome these guys are bringing out there 6,7, 8 sec cars.... even on trailers....
Maybe someone needs to tell them to park there truck and trailer setups down by BJ's... so it leaves more room for more cars closer down by BPS.

Kyle
I was over there last year numerous times with the other project car, didn't park in the middle but off to the side by the north entrance next to the grass, easy to get in and out of the lot. They never said anything to us all the times we were over there.

That's a good idea to park the towing rigs down by BJ's to open up some room for other cars. When cars are double parked blocking others in or parking by the curbs taking up half the driving lanes around the lot then there is a problem. Having the trailers out of the way might help that.

I understand about taking the car to the track with a trailer, you know I do it I even took the C6 to the rental in the trailer, just cause I own it and if it rains gives me a place to wait it out or if a friend breaks we have a way to get their car home. The last rental when the clutch MC went out and it was locked in 2nd after the burnout it was great to drive it up to the ramp and use the wench to pull the car up into the trailer. Got it home put it up on the lift and fixed the issues it had.

Good luck on getting your parts in the time they quoted you. JE got me once, OOOPS we had 2 sets of pistons, but they were the wrong pistons in the right spot so we'll have to make yours so it will be longer than we said.

Well i guess i would rather be part of the turbo trailer queen club and have a car that proves its self at the track than be part of the dyno queen club and tell everybody on the internet or bass pro how bad my car is.
no offense to anybody a bass pro-i love the place on sat night-just dont rag on trailered cars that have PROVEN themselves.

So I've taken the car to the track once and had a clutch MC problem. Guess you have never gone to the track and not run your best ever or had equipment problems. Just in case you forgot:

[QUOTE=twinturboz28]
Originally Posted by promod1955
what kind of et did he put down?[/QUOTE

nothing special Robbie.just happy to go down the track.Had some issues with the brake so i didnt push it too hard.Plus i couldnt hook anyway.went a 5.61 at 138 with a 1.50 60ft pedaled it 3 times and lifted at 550ft.looked at the log from the run,was on the throttle for a total of 3.2 seconds.Oh yeah that was at 10lbs.If i get the brakes fixxed going to cecil county next sat.
Has a ton of power,should easily go 4.40's when i get it figured out.
As for being a dyno queen, nah, it's just a street driven car that I can drive any where as far as I want that has put down some good numbers on the dyno. It had a couple of issues the first time at the track with the new setup. Talking about it at BPS yea I do when someone ask about the car. But I pretty sure someone else we all know has posted his dyno number MANY more times that I have on the internet. Even forgot to tell that someone else was driving when it laid down a good time at the track. So I wouldn't bring that up any more But there have been times when the person was a Noob and I didn't say a lot about the car, only to hear later from friends he said I was an *** for not talking about it. Can't win for loosing. If I talked as much as you claim then I won't hear it has a STS turbo system or the piping is going to a cold air intake. Guess others have been talking about it since I've never spoken to you about the car. It's good to hear that others enjoy about it so much. If you hear any good stuff about it feel free to share it on here, I always enjoy hearing about my own car from others.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

i heard through the grape vine that that POS silver bird has an electric supercharger?

On a side note the purple/line-x z28 that claims he has 470rwhp from an N/A lt1 with that christmas tree in the dash...consider this a call out!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by StangAddict
i heard through the grape vine that that POS silver bird has an electric supercharger?

On a side note the purple/line-x z28 that claims he has 470rwhp from an N/A lt1 with that christmas tree in the dash...consider this a call out!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man work is slow here too.......
Havent done much today......
Duty tomorrow then off thurs....
Then the weekend......
Any Body want to buy a FMIC???

FS Thread is here

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/776770-fs-stenod-built-a2a-intercooler-maf-t-pro-lm-1-wideband-injector-driver.html

kyle
Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

only if I had a snail to breathe through it....
Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o

ive got the red c4 that is usually parked next to i1uluz.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

only if I had a snail to breathe through it....

Im sure i could find ya one..... then some 6.0L manifolds and some piping......
Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/QUOTE]As for being a dyno queen, nah, it's just a street driven car that I can drive any where as far as I want that has put down some good numbers on the dyno. It had a couple of issues the first time at the track with the new setup. Talking about it at BPS yea I do when someone ask about the car. But I pretty sure someone else we all know has posted his dyno number MANY more times that I have on the internet. Even forgot to tell that someone else was driving when it laid down a good time at the track. So I wouldn't bring that up any more But there have been times when the person was a Noob and I didn't say a lot about the car, only to hear later from friends he said I was an *** for not talking about it. Can't win for loosing. If I talked as much as you claim then I won't hear it has a STS turbo system or the piping is going to a cold air intake. Guess others have been talking about it since I've never spoken to you about the car. It's good to hear that others enjoy about it so much. If you hear any good stuff about it feel free to share it on here, I always enjoy hearing about my own car from others.[/QUOTE]

Did I strike a nerve?I wasnt refering to you,just in general.I dont know you or your cars and dont talk about you or your cars.My point is that you enjoy doing what you do with your cars,i enjoy what i do with my cars.It doenst make either right or wrong just different.Why cant we all hang out together on sat night without anybody bitching about somebody else.I enjoy seeing street cars with racecars,imports and musclecars,streetrods and ratrods.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by StangAddict
ive got the red c4 that is usually parked next to i1uluz.

oh damn LOL... didnt know that, I saw ya last time out. I drive that slow *** truck LOL
Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Im sure i could find ya one..... then some 6.0L manifolds and some piping......

I know a few people who have built their own front mounts. I still have some stock manifolds laying around. I'm sure a nice fronted turbo with intercooler and all could be fabbed for less than 1500... minus the cost of the turbo and some other extras.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

oh damn LOL... didnt know that, I saw ya last time out. I drive that slow *** truck LOL
haha! its all good dude! ive been a lurker here a while now, and thought what better way to introduce myself than be a dick! lol

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...