Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Everyone who lives in PA should read.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 08:03 AM
11 Second Club

Default Everyone who lives in PA should read.....

http://delvalmusclecars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=184

this is really gonna suck if it goes through which i highly doubt it will but ofcourse, leave it to PA to try and screw with us every which way they can.

Philly had over 400 murders last year and we're on pace to eclipse that mark allready this year....so lets screw with car enthusiasts and not worry about getting the murders in check. ****** bullshit gov!

enjoy the reading....

discuss!!
Old 05-12-2007 | 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TNTramair
http://delvalmusclecars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=184

this is really gonna suck if it goes through which i highly doubt it will but ofcourse, leave it to PA to try and screw with us every which way they can.

Philly had over 400 murders last year and we're on pace to eclipse that mark allready this year....so lets screw with car enthusiasts and not worry about getting the murders in check. ****** bullshit gov!

enjoy the reading....

discuss!!

You could always come over to jersey, where we have the highest auto ins and property taxes in the nation. Also have the most corrupted state govt in the nation. It sucks that they would do that , but forgive me if the guys in nj dont feel sorry for you. Also camden nj has the highest murder rate per sq mile of any city in this country.
Old 05-12-2007 | 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks.

Granted really alot of us are still tagged as street cars, you know the next step is if you have a hello kitty air freshener, you'll end up as a hot rod and be subject to this.

Losing the title is just abusrd.
Old 05-12-2007 | 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss

You could always come over to jersey, where we have the highest auto ins and property taxes in the nation. Also have the most corrupted state govt in the nation. It sucks that they would do that , but forgive me if the guys in nj dont feel sorry for you. Also camden nj has the highest murder rate per sq mile of any city in this country.
yeah...PA might be pretty bad but doesnt even come close to what you Jersey boys have to deal with...dunno how you put up with it.
Old 05-12-2007 | 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

I work at a place that has an EVIP. I talked to a few of our inspection mechanics and they never heard about this new program. I highly doubt that this is going to fly. Way too many modified vehicles on the road already in this state.

We have the EVIP so that we can inspect home built stuff (kit cars, home made trailers, etc) and be able to do reconstructed vehicle titles (recovered thefts, floods, wrecks). I think that post on DelVal is seriously exagerated. The one inspection mechanic drives a lifted Wrangler with a SBC, a pro street 68 chevy truck or a cutom Harley hardtail to work every day. He'd know about something this significant involving modded vehicles.
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Rick have you called our senator or anything.
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to downplay the law at all, but from the discussion on the other board, it looks like its being done more to keep track of salvage-titled and flood-damaged cars, so someone doesn't defraud a buyer. The inspection fees are absurd though.
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Rick have you called our senator or anything.
....i dont beleive **** untill **** happens.

this is a little far fetched...i dont see it happening. they would bury themselves with having to re-title about 75% of the vehicles on PA roads. its absurd.
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:56 PM
Launching!

never happen
Old 05-12-2007 | 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

shows how backwards our govt really is
Old 05-12-2007 | 08:06 PM
Launching!

Some of the main changes they have made are for the reconstructed title situation(those changes are mainly administrative). It used to be that the easiest place to get a salvage/reconstructed title was in pa. This has changed that. There was a big problem with unsafe reconstructed titled cars being registered and driven on the road. Ive come across a few myself. So dont worry about the whole street rod / reconstructed (due to modifications like ours) side of it. That wasnt the focus of why the law was changed. If you still dont believe me call PENNDOT and ask someone about the new Enhanced Inspection Program it will make you laugh. A big reason for this change was the influx of dangerous salvage vehicles from the SE. ie Katrina.