Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Who wants to go to Conway, NH with me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Who wants to go to Conway, NH with me?

My boss is sending me to Conway, NH. From what I hear; to some spiffy hotel up in the mountains. We have a customer who wants us to set up a demo room full of stock trading equipment. I have to set it up not this Sunday but the next. The customer wants me there until Wednesday night but made it very clear I was to be on-call if something broke and I can under no circumstances be seen.

My boss told me to set everything up on Sunday (travel and work time is double time) then keep my phone on me and enjoy myself until Wednesday night. He told me to take it as a vacation on the house. He even told me to invite someone to hang out with. Hahaha

This is going to be an overtime cow MOOOOO milk it baby milk it!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

watch out for some dude sneeking in your room.. sounds like a set-up.. hahaaa
Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Humanitarian

umm 90% of your post are about gay stuff. Have you gotten bored of the old fashioned camel toe?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

no.. hey I am married.. just looking out for YOU bud... plus I am just plain old bored with this shitty day...
Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

North Conway is real nice, Joe...some great little bars and restaurants. Take the ride up to the summit of Mt. Washington by car, the little tourbus, or even take the cog railway to the summit. It is breathtaking. Make sure you go into the National Weather Observatory at the top of mt. You'll be talking about it for weeks... You ,being a Boston boy, will really have a good time up there---it's some wild country. Hopefully, they'll be giving you the co. credit card--it can be a little pricey up there. You'll probably come back home as a little yuppie preppie-boy after mixing it up w/some of the high-rollers for the weekend up there..... WJ
Old 06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nice place. I stayed at The Mount Wash. Hotel last year. HUGE old style hotel. Reminded me of the movie The Shinning. I expected to see some bloody ghosts chasing me down the long halls. The trip was great going through the Kangamangus Hwy in the vette. And I still got 30mpg

Enjoy yourself DIESO. Check out the Attatash Slides if you can while up there. My brother in law and I raced down them, and wiped out big time. Was fun falling off the cart, and getting road rash on the concrete slide!

Last edited by Tracer X; 06-06-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Humanitarian

I think that's the same hotel where I am staying Marcel.

I didn't even finish that movie, too creepy for me. I'll stick to my vampires, werewolves and zombie flicks.

I just google'd some pictures from the top of the Mt. Washington and the weather station. I didnt know we had sights like that in the Northeast, wow.

Where I lived. It's no Mt. Washington but if you go up to the roof, the 6 inch wall stopping you from falling over has the same effect as a mountain.

Last edited by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO; 06-06-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

I spent the majority of my time up there when I was younger. Most restaurants are tourist traps.

The good restaurants are:
Delaney's(great bar too)
Horsefeather's is decent but usually a good time.
Red Parker Pub
Down towards Attitash there is the Cider Mill (prolly has the best food in the valley)
Bellini's - Italian joint
Elvio's - Pizza Shop

As far as stuff to do. If they want you by cell phone and on close to a moments notice, forget the 5 hour cog rail road ride. Its boring anyways.

Alpine slide at Attitash is good. Just make sure you wear jeans and a sweatshirt. That way if you bail you dont get road rash too bad.

Normally when I go up there I spend the weekend in the woods shooting. Everything has changed since I spent a lot of time up there.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Humanitarian

What is that Alpine slide thing all about?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

you get in a little cart thing and go down a concrete slide.. kind of like a water park slide, but dry and on a cart..
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

http://www.attitash.com/alpineslide.html
Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whatever makes you feel better for not going to the track with me

Biggest motorcycle event of the year in the NE and you'll be cruising your car around
Old 06-06-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

i'm about an hour from conway. only time i go there is either on my way to Bretton Woods to my buddies condo or when wifey drags my sorry *** to the outlets. I guess if you need clothes etc, now is the time to buy them. Tax free.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Don... What day(s) are you planning to hit up Laconia??
Old 06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
North Conway is real nice, Joe...some great little bars and restaurants. Take the ride up to the summit of Mt. Washington by car, the little tourbus, or even take the cog railway to the summit. It is breathtaking. Make sure you go into the National Weather Observatory at the top of mt. You'll be talking about it for weeks... You ,being a Boston boy, will really have a good time up there---it's some wild country. Hopefully, they'll be giving you the co. credit card--it can be a little pricey up there. You'll probably come back home as a little yuppie preppie-boy after mixing it up w/some of the high-rollers for the weekend up there..... WJ
ya no kidding that area is amazing! when i was home on leave in October i went up there with the ex, and fully enjoyed myself. i definately dropped over 1500 bucks between the hotel and everything else. it is gourgous up there, the only thing that i can find compareable is garmish here in germany. have fun man and enjoy some time off.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Joe, dont forget Storyland is up there, a cant miss.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
Don... What day(s) are you planning to hit up Laconia??
You going? So far I was just planning to go to the Sunday race.I do have a place to stay if I wanted but don't want to drag crap up with me.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BrentC5
Joe, dont forget Storyland is up there, a cant miss.
Yeah, he might like "Santa's Village" as well.... WJ
Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Whatever makes you feel better for not going to the track with me

Biggest motorcycle event of the year in the NE and you'll be cruising your car around
what day man i will hang out don
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dand35th
you get in a little cart thing and go down a concrete slide.. kind of like a water park slide, but dry and on a cart..
Exactly!! i wiped out big time on that thing wearing shorts, and a t-shirt. I was trying to race an 11 year-old kid. He had the lead till the 2nd turn, where there's a SLOW sign. He hit the brakes, I didn't! I went flying past him, and bit the big one 10 seconds later. After I stopped sliding I got off the track, picked up my cart, and jumped back on. I can tell you I hit the brake on every single turn after that!

I hit the bottom, and Bill came up to me showing me his knee. He fell off the slide at the exact same place, and rashed the exact smae knee and elbows as I did!! It was a riot! He kept saying he was sure I would have caught up to him. And he wondered what took me so long to get down the slide.