Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

mailing in tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mailing in tickets?

ok, i put this in the lounge, but im going to put it here too to see if any PA people know the answer....

ok, i know this is different in every state, but i was wondering if someone knows the answer to these questions.

i have 4 (FOUR) tickets that i have to send in. im pleading not guilty. do i have to send them all in individually, or can i put them in 1 envelope?

if i can send them together... i have to pay collateral, its the full price of the ticket but i assume i get it back when i go to court. can i just write out 1 check, or do they all have to be different?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why wouldnt you just send them in four different envelopes, it's just the cost of 4 stamps vs 1. why even take the chance?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol 4 tickets, one envelope, not guilty, nice try.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shoemike
lol 4 tickets, one envelope, not guilty, nice try.
??

and im NOT guilty, asshat!
bought a truck friday night, owner told me it was inspected till 03/08. saturday morning i drove a mile down the road to get gas, was followed in by a cop who proceeded to tell me i was going to be arrested for "falsifying government documents" (fake inspection stickers) after telling him that i had bought the truck 13 hours earlier, he decided to let me off with 4 tickets ($500) rather than a ride in his car. 2 of the tickets were for not having proof of inspection or emissions testing (you have 10 days to do this after buying a car) and the other 2 were for fake stickers (i have proof that the previous owner lied about it to me)

but good point, joe! thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

why are you on ls1 tech....!st you have a V6 so justr stop right there 2nd its slow as ***** with the JUICE 3rd Steve the pirate is kool (Steve the *** Pirate) arrr me matty
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

Did you walk the plank or something?????
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

I know this sounds shitty but the driver is responsible for anything and everything on the vehicle. If you had no knowledge/were lied to then that's something you have to fight out in court but you you can still be charged for it all. I don't understand what you're talking about having to send a check or whatever though. If you plead not guilty and mail them in then that tells the court you plan on fighting the tickets and they should expect to see you. Try writing the DA a letter explaining all of this and see what they are willing to do. The DA is really the one holding all the cards.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, i'm printing out the proof that i was lied to... and then combining that with the fact that you have 10 days after purchasing a car to get it inspected (and that cancels out at least the 2 tickets for not having proof of inspection)

what do you mean by writing the DA a letter? like before going to court?

on the back of the ticket it says that if im pleading not guilty, i have to send the money for collateral... im assuming it works sort of like bail.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stevethepirate
what do you mean by writing the DA a letter? like before going to court? On the back of the ticket it says that if im pleading not guilty, i have to send the money for collateral... im assuming it works sort of like bail.
Oh well it's a little different than NY then. In NY if you write the DA a letter explaining your side of things before you go to court sometimes they agree to just drop the tickets and you never have to even go to court.

Well if what you say is true then I would think yours would get dropped.....not sure why he even wrote those tickets, he should have known you have 10 days on the inspection. The other two I can see why he wrote them. Cops have heard every excuse in the book and unless you have the proof right with you your probably gonna get a ticket.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

thats sweet, i think im going to stop by the court tomorrow to see if i can talk to someone. i dont want to do it by e-mail... i have until next tuesday to send in the tickets.

the cop was on an extreme power trip. he told me that he knows where i live (in a threatening way almost...) he was also quite unintelligent, judging from his inability to formulate a sentence/him making up words. i dont think he was really willing to listen to what i had to say.