Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lancaster, Lebanon, Central PA, who want to help me install this

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lancaster, Lebanon, Central PA, who want to help me install this

I was wonderin if someone out there wanted to help me install this thing -- i got directions and all from online but i am mechanically challenged in a big way. Seems pretty easy but i am too stupid.

I was hoping to get it installed this week (before friday) -- ill buy beer & pizza for ya

Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phillyz28
I was wonderin if someone out there wanted to help me install this thing -- i got directions and all from online but i am mechanically challenged in a big way. Seems pretty easy but i am too stupid.

I was hoping to get it installed this week (before friday) -- ill buy beer & pizza for ya

Thanks in advance
if you really need a hand i'm off on thurs. i'm sure you could do it yourself but if your not comfortable with it i'll give you a hand.just let me know
Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Launching!

I seem to have gained a good bit of air flow just by gutting the lower air box. Did you try that before you spent the money on this? Just a suggestion.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

go to installuniversity.com i think they have a guide for those CAIs. I havent done one before, but im sure i could help you figure it out if you want.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reidonly
I seem to have gained a good bit of air flow just by gutting the lower air box. Did you try that before you spent the money on this? Just a suggestion.
you will gain some airflow by gutting the lower airbox, but you also gain alot of heat.my iat's were almost 150 with the free ram air mod in the staging lanes.now with the sux2bu mod they are no more than 5 degrees above ambient.more heat = less timing. just a thought
Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

reid, i didn't pay anything for it. i bought an SS hood a long time ago and the guy i bought it from just gave it to me since i bought a bunch of other things from him

steve, i did get the writeup and i tried installing it on at least two different occasions but i got so frustrated that i just gave up

outkast, if u wouldn't mind helping me get this on i would def appreciate it. I have off thursday also to get my things together for a week down at myrtle beach. fbody beach week should be a good time

by the way, what do u mean when u say gutting the lower airbox. I'll look at the directions again tonight and see if i can get it installed but after a full day at work, ill pretty sure im gonna get tired and frustrated again
Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phillyz28
reid, i didn't pay anything for it. i bought an SS hood a long time ago and the guy i bought it from just gave it to me since i bought a bunch of other things from him

steve, i did get the writeup and i tried installing it on at least two different occasions but i got so frustrated that i just gave up

outkast, if u wouldn't mind helping me get this on i would def appreciate it. I have off thursday also to get my things together for a week down at myrtle beach. fbody beach week should be a good time

by the way, what do u mean when u say gutting the lower airbox. I'll look at the directions again tonight and see if i can get it installed but after a full day at work, ill pretty sure im gonna get tired and frustrated again

myrtle beach f*ckin rocks!! gutting the lower airbox means cutting out the bottom to let the air picked up from the bottom of the car(supposed to go to the radiator)go straight into the airbox itself.if you want me to give you a hand just let me know, shouldn't take more than an hour or so
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Free is my favorite price. Rock on in that case!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

damn, that install was bullshit.. nothing seemed to fit right. Anyway, thank you matt for helping me with it, matt ill let you know about the halos. Anyway, I def feel some improvement, someone should just make something that fits better
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem man.i was really surprised at how bad that thing fit.you would think that it could have at least been close .anyway i'm sorry that it was such a pain in the a**, but i'm glad to hear you could feel the difference.you've got a sweet car.just let me know how much you want for the halo's and when we can meet and i'll grab them off of you.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

im leavin tonight so ill PM you when i get back from myrtle