Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

You know you drive an F body when:

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't even own a f body and 90% of the list applies to me. have the heart of a fbody.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zger
101. Sounds like a nice place to live. Way to make your trailer park look like even more of a shithole. I’m sure the neighbors appreciate all the marks you leave there. Why not do some NASCAR style donuts in their front yards? I’ll bet they’d get a real kick out of that.
102. Don’t have any kids.
103. What did I blow up?
104. I’d rather they didn’t. The employees at most of those places seem like the type that can’t remember their own names, let alone the names of the customers. I prefer to buy things like spark plugs and filters online, it’s usually cheaper that way. For car wash supplies, Sears Hardware is usually pretty well stocked and they’re often cheaper.
105. That doesn’t make any sense.
106. I don’t have that problem. If I did, I’d just ******* fix it. I don’t make it a habit of driving a car with fucked up head lights. It’s not the smartest thing to do.
107. Fixed antenna on both cars.
108. That is the dumbest thing I’ve read in this entire thread. There were quite a few things that were on a Jessica Simpson level, but this… This is borderline George W. Bush talk. I am truly embarrassed on behalf LS1 owners everywhere.
109. Doesn’t bother me, I don’t spend much time there.
110. It make’s perfect sense to me. The car is built in Australia, not in the states where assembly line workers make entirely too much money for the job’s they do. I hate hearing people bitch when car makers move their plants to Mexico to cut costs. Why wouldn’t they? It makes no sense to pay somebody fifty grand a year or more to do a job that Ricardo Sanchez in Tijuana will do with pride for ten thousand a year with no benefits. If Ricardo were to go on strike, they’d have a hundred ************* in line waiting to take that job that day.
111. My Camaro ran pretty good (low low 12s full weight) with just bolt ons, but that sounds like an exaggeration to me.
112. What traction control?
113. I switch back and forth and this doesn’t really happen to me.
114. Feels like normal GM to me.
115. Think of this when you’re bitching about filling your gas tank a few lines up. Call me crazy, but it I’m happy to let someone else drive me around. Hell, some people even pay other people to drive them around. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? These out-of-the-box thinkers can usually be found in large cities and near airports. They have a tendency to paint their cars yellow.
116. Hard tops only for this guy. Although driving around with your tops off and the heater is like blasting your stereo with ear plugs in your ears to me. Just sounds like a dumb thing to do.
117. That just sounds like common sense. I’d do that with any car,
118. I don’t haul groceries in my car. I use my daily beater for menial tasks like that.
119. I guess wood blocks have gotten significantly more complicated since I drove up on them last week. Jacking up a car really isn’t rocket science, folks.
120. I don’t own one of those. I have secure garage, a good insurance policy and a very large collection of fire arms. Come and get it, I dare you.
121. If I were that genuinely concerned, I’d invest in seat covers.
122. My car’s aren’t low mileage and pristine. They’re certainly respectable, but I drive the **** out of them. I don’t drive them in the snow, but that’s about the only thing that would keep my cars at home if I felt like driving them. That’s what they were built for.
123. Street racing is gay.
124. **** that. If I feel like driving my car, I’m driving the damn thing. If I get some salt on it, I’ll wash it off. It’s really not a big deal to me. Especially on the C5. Fiberglass body, aluminum frame. That **** won’t rust.
125. If I did that, I would have replaced multiple engines by now.
126. That’s just silly.
127. I don’t wave at anyone unless I know them.
128. Pull the e-brake handle up one notch. Again, not rocket science.
129. Wouldn’t they have to pay for the server space before I’d be able to do that?
130. My girlfriend bought a 2004 GTO, she doesn’t give a flying **** about how it works. She gets the car serviced at the Chevy dealer, I have enough **** to do with my own cars. As long as it starts and gets her around, she doesn’t care what’s going on under the hood. She has more important things to worry about.
131. My car must be blessed then. I don’t have these window troubles that seem to plague every other Camaro or Firebird built.
132. Nope. I’m Jake, that’s how I introduce myself. It’s not hard to figure out who I am online. I’m the same cynical ***** in person that I am online.
133. It’s a car, not a ******* china cabinet. Close it by the door handle.
134. I drove the C5 back and forth to work every day this week, I averaged 26mpg. I can’t complain. I drive the beater to keep the mileage off the Camaro and the C5. I don’t mind buying gas, but every time I mash the go pedal I’m not surprised when the gas gauge drops. It’s a simple case of cause and effect. This is not brain surgery.
135. Cut outs on street cars are in my mind. They should be used at the track only, not on a street car that barely makes enough horsepower to cause the stock cat back to become a restriction. If you want to make noise, buy your self some air horns and a kazoo. They’ll annoy people just as much as a cut out, but at a greatly reduced price. It doesn’t matter if a car was built by Honda, Chevy or Ferrari… Slow cars with loud pipes are ******* lame. I’ve personally seen 13 second Z28s and T/As going down the track that were a lot louder than my 500+hp 408 Camaro. That just isn’t a cool thing to do. I can understand wanting to have a nice stealthy exhaust for cruising around on the street, then uncorking it at the strip for max power. It’s entirely different to think that driving around in your basically stock car with exhaust loud enough to set of car alarms is cool. It just isn’t.

Youre a dickweed, way to ruin the fun.... nothing wrong with this thread.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a couple..

1.) you know you drive an F body when you go to the bathroom you take the laptop in just so you don't have to leave ls1tech.com

2.) you watch Diners Drive Ins and Dives just to admire Guy Fieris '67 ss
Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Teching In

good god

Quick Reply: You know you drive an F body when: