Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bryan Takes The Win At Seekonk Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't proven **** yet. I could have very well been gone in the 2nd round to Artie Glassman if he didn't spin out. Anything can happen Labor Day. I could be gone in round 1. I've been beaten by a car with 80 less whp than I have last September.

I'd really like to sweep a whole season one year like Al Calitri used to do, although that's aiming high. I still have a lot of car weight to shed and still on stock gears so I think there's still more potential.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

My car will not be ready for labor day, but I can assure you the biggest event of the year i'll be ready
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Bryan good job.i got a little loose in turn 1 and 2 it felt good racing you knowing you would'nt smash into me.you stayed right on the out side and did what you had to do. Lou ,you did a great job also I thought to my self this sob LOL is going to send me home.i didnt understand why you spun out.I thought you spun your tires.I remenber you hitting the wall with the red car.damm that was a hard hit.that car was real fast also.thats that rear engine i think if you didnt spin it would have been a good race.both of you guys are my hero al

Last edited by al a; 08-08-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Lou you are funny!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by al a
Bryan good job.i got a little loose in turn 1 and 2 it felt good racing you knowing you would'nt smash into me.you stayed right on the out side and did what you had to do. Lou ,you did a great job also I thought to my self this sob LOL is going to send me home.i didnt understand why you spun out.I thought you spun your tires.I remenber you hitting the wall with the red car.damm that was a hard hit.that car was real fast also.thats that rear engine i think if you didnt spin it would have been a good race.both of you guys are my hero al
Thanks Al. I was babying it around the corners. When I punched it just coming out, my limited slip moved all my power to my outside rear wheel because of the sticky driver's side rear caliper. See you on Labor Day Sunday...!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by al a
Thanks Al. You're a hell of a driver. You did that with probably ~100 less hp than me. I've been watching the dvds of the first two events this year. I don't think you've had an easy matchup once this year. You will be one of the next spec drag champs that people will be talking about. 50-100 more hp will help you wipe the floor.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lou_dias
Thanks Al. I was babying it around the corners. When I punched it just coming out, my limited slip moved all my power to my outside rear wheel because of the sticky driver's side rear caliper. See you on Labor Day Sunday...!
Hey Lou I was gonna ask you, what was up with the Mustang not going on the launch? Sure you might have jumped a little early on the first one, but the second run you got a clean jump. I just kinda laughed when the flag guy pulled out the checkered flag with the green Mustang sitting there at the starting line.

I'm also not giving props to the skinny kid who does the flag. His green flag drops are so all over the place. They are almost random.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Hey Lou I was gonna ask you, what was up with the Mustang not going on the launch? Sure you might have jumped a little early on the first one, but the second run you got a clean jump. I just kinda laughed when the flag guy pulled out the checkered flag with the green Mustang sitting there at the starting line.

I'm also not giving props to the skinny kid who does the flag. His green flag drops are so all over the place. They are almost random.
I think I intimidated him.

No anyway...I've been doing this for years. I got my tire spin time factored is so that when I launch forward is when his arm is just done coming down (with the old flag guy anyway)...

It wasn't until then that I even noticed it was a different guy doing the flags. He is quite inconsistent. And I may have been a little eager... I did suspect he was going to delay the flag on my race with Al A...and he did, like 2 seconds. In the second try with the Mustang, I dropped the clutch in 3rd gear, but noticed so fast and punched it into first so fast nobody knew anything. I didn't stall it like I did against the Red Mustang when I hit the wall.

I have it on DVD and we lunged forward at the same time the second time.

I don't know what his problem was. I took it out of 3rd and into 1st and carried on. The announcer, while I was going around the track the second time, said that the flag guy said it was a good launch.

I'm sure he'll be bitching on Labor Day about it...

I then went on to beat the SHO V8. Fiero 2 - Ford 0 that day...
Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Sorry to ressurect an old thread...

In '08 I made an appearance with a Caddy 4.9 instead of Turbo 3.1 and did well. Didn't have the handling to match and I didn't know my RPMs were reporting 33% too high (V8 distributer vs. V6) so I wasn't pushing it as far as I could. Made it to latter rounds though. Did an intake swap that leaked coolant onto my cam and intake ports and ruined the motor because the installer couldn't properly diagnose the issue.

In '09, I brought a Silver Fiero w/6 speed and 3400 block V6, snapped an axle at the inner tripot on a test launch.

In '10 I brought the same car, snapped an axle and bearing across the same plane with a 6000rpm clutch dump.

This year, I had the yellow body swapped onto the axle-snapping V6...probably confused some people... Lost to an RX7 on Memorial Day in round one who got beat by a red turboed Miata. Was fixing the suspension during the 4th of July race....and in ignition issue that limited my power.

Raced the other night on July 31st against said red turbo Miata.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ELhsbL_kc
So time to get some better tires for the front now. As you can see I've eliminated all rear bumpsteer. Now I've got understeer but was using street tires on the front.

However, for the Labor Day event, I'm bringing the V8 back now with a properly sealed Allante intake. I don't have good tires on this car but I'm hoping the extra muscle will overcome the poorer handling when compared to my other Fiero.

Bryan, wow! Damn that old Camaro was fast! I think I will need the V8 to put me in the same tier as you guys...now I just need to upgrade it's handling to match my V6 car. Might mildly turbo the V6 car for next year...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Damn the little red miata. He has beat me twice this year... Ive been driving the red wrx. I cant wait to see what your car will do with a V8 in it. Should be nasty.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NateLS1
Damn the little red miata. He has beat me twice this year... Ive been driving the red wrx. I cant wait to see what your car will do with a V8 in it. Should be nasty.

I think the only big issue with that V8 is it has such a short powerband so he has to shift sooner but it definately has more power than the V6
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NateLS1
Yea, I was running street tires in the front otherwise I could have kept my speed up in the 4th turn without understeer.

My plan of smoking people off the line and making them play catchup generally worked though.

I still have some tuning issues on my v6. It loses power dramatically when it gets to operating temp. I may have to go back to the old days when I'd ice my intake...

I honestly think it will have more hp than the V8 when that's worked out but I haven't really pushed the v8 since properly with the Allante intake.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
I think the only big issue with that V8 is it has such a short powerband so he has to shift sooner but it definately has more power than the V6
Well that's not exactly true.
Even when it ran with the original intake, I never pushed it past 4200 rpm because my RPM gauge was reading wrong and I didn't know it.

So even when we were racing Steve on the highway home 4 years ago, the engine felt like it had more in it but I was afraid to push it past what I thought was 5500 rpm but was actually 5500 * 6cyl distibutor pulse/8cyl distibutor pulse = 4125 rpm.

Add to that that the Allante intake give me more useable power above 4200 rpm...estimated 20rwhp...

What sucks about the v8 car is that it doesn't have wheels and tires as good as the v6 car...and I will have to baby my launch a bit.

...but I need to rev it to about 7500 on the gauge to hit 5625 rpm on the motor...but ofcourse my gauge stops at 6500...

Last edited by lou_dias; 08-03-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added extra commentary at the end...
Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Krazy......this is Chris I bought the turbo TA....you back in the game?

Bryan......I'm from north attleboro. Been going to seekonk for years. Do you drive the white Z28? If thats you ......your a legend amongst my friends lol.... nice driving!

What's up with 2nd 3rd and 4th gen F-body's dominating at seekonk year in year out? straight awesomeness!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula42

Bryan......I'm from north attleboro. Been going to seekonk for years. Do you drive the white Z28? If thats you ......your a legend amongst my friends lol.... nice driving!

What's up with 2nd 3rd and 4th gen F-body's dominating at seekonk year in year out? straight awesomeness!
The car to beat last year was the red 3000gt, he took it down at least twice. I haven't seen him once this year though...

Whats up with the mustangs never really making it? They must all be set up to drag race only...
Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

last yr the red 3000gt was unstoppable...just domination
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Formula42

No this is an old thread just look at the original post lol

Most of the guys won't remember that the original king of seekonk was the old school cougar until the guy in the 70s style red camaro took over. Then it was Tony in the red mustang who dominated which my brother Lou almost beat, they tied then my brother hit the wall on the rematch...Jose in the red vette also went on a spree.

Who remembers the eclipse from back in the day that kicked *** too.

Bryan has done awesome winning I think 2 or 3 events now

Tbyrne the original poster won in his Beretta too I believe
Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is an old thread! What ever happened to Ray in the Cougar? You pretty much knew he was going to win when you saw the car out there. I won the whole thing July 4th weekend in '92. Don't know what the winnings are now but it was $100.00 and a handshake back then.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
No this is an old thread just look at the original post lol

Most of the guys won't remember that the original king of seekonk was the old school cougar until the guy in the 70s style red camaro took over. Then it was Tony in the red mustang who dominated which my brother Lou almost beat, they tied then my brother hit the wall on the rematch...Jose in the red vette also went on a spree.

Who remembers the eclipse from back in the day that kicked *** too.

Bryan has done awesome winning I think 2 or 3 events now

Tbyrne the original poster won in his Beretta too I believe
I remember the red with white racing stripes 2nd gen......also there was a nasty talon that was just insane. I have seen Jose in his red c4 win twice I think. Btw......Is Lou the brother that I met?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Teching In

oh yea...Marco...The TA is coming along man. Alot of work and alot of money! And I am doing everything myself........from bodywork to assembling the engine. Went with an ls2 block 370ci, wiseco turbo pistons, calli rods, stock crank, L76 Intake L92 ported heads and stayed with a B.W. ST80 turbo that Jose is going to do up for me.

I have completed the fabrication of the engine bay and intercooler/rad support that the guy in Texas started.

Since this is my first LS build .......after about 10k in parts I learned from slowhawk that the the 98's 2 bar pcm is no bueno for my power lvls......So I had to repin the 98 harness to work with the 3 bar newer pcm. PITA to say the least. Lucky for me there is a guide out there.

Converted the TA to a m6. (not going for ET's)

Converted the tan interior to ebony

stripped the under carriage and painted black with por15.

Completed body work and car is ready for paint (black)

Wolfe 6 point

strange center section with 3.27's

I still need a torque arm mount for the 9 inch housing......It's proving difficult because I dont want to get the angle wrong with that much power. I need a t56 bellhousing thats sfi approved in case things go boom. Also I have a t56 but im going to have Tick do it up for me.

Thats where im at. Figured I would give you a quick update. Car will be the real deal.

Quick Reply: Bryan Takes The Win At Seekonk Speedway!