Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bryan Takes The Win At Seekonk Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bryan Takes The Win At Seekonk Speedway!

z28bryan went home with a first place trophy for the Spectator Drags at Seekonk Speedway tonight! Congratulations!!! I was sitting at the start/finish line and that race with the T-Bird was close!

Tom
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Tom! The guy who got 2nd also posts on this message board "Al A". Great race man. You would have beaten me if it was only 1 lap. I had to take out Dinardo in the 4th round to get to the last rounds.

Thanks again Slowhawk for setting me up with this beast. I've taking care of the suspension but you gave my car the ***** to win. Messing my engine up may have been the best thing to happen to my car

My car also wouldn't have been able to handle the way it does without Sam Strano's advice. My car hugs the corners so well, its stupid. The Strano springs really have been working pretty damn well so far.

Only 2 trophies so far, need more...
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I heard my brother got 4th place in the Fiero???
Old 08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your car definately tracked real nice around the corners. You could see that it went where the front tires were pointed. Didn't look like there was any understeer.

The yellow Fiero did very well. Good looking car!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Yeah he did well. He needs some nittos on his car, he'd go even deeper.

The thing that sucks about 4th is that you made it as far as the guy in 3rd did, but you don't get a trophy.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tbyrne
Your car definately tracked real nice around the corners. You could see that it went where the front tires were pointed. Didn't look like there was any understeer.

The yellow Fiero did very well. Good looking car!
Oh I did in round 2. I had really bad understeer against Artie G's silver 3rd gen. That one was going to be close, but I got lucky and he spun in turn 4. I just made sure I was focused and payed a lot of attention to driving smooth.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

nice job so you won 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year cool.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Ace. I think we're going to see a lot of Al and I in the final rounds in the future. Al's LT1 is pretty much stock only with 4.11 gears and he beat me in 1 lap in the final round. If he puts a big power adder on that thing, then holy ****.... that car has a ton of more potential that hasn't even begun yet
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Teching In

LOL!

Amazingly it wasn't the tires that held me back. With Nittos, I would probably truely dominate Seekonk.

Once again is was a case of a sticky brake caliper. In 2003, a locked up front brake caliper turned my front wheels head-on into the wall at 90+ (when I hit the brake and it initially locked up)...after beating that red mustang by 6" and having to re-race and stalled in 3rd gear at the line...but whatever...I'm over it...

This time, if you watch the race I had before the green Camaro, when I raced the Taurus V8 SHO, I was able to take it easy coming out of turn 2, but at the end of turn 3 and turn 4 I was pushing it, I tapped the brake and almost lost it due to a sticky driver's side rear caliper.

So I raced the green Camaro and finally felt some heat in the form of competition and I finally punched it in turn 2 and the sticky caliper immediately threw me into the dirt as soon as I hit the gas.

For Labor Day, I hope to have that caliper replaced and the "hard" 3 spark plugs also. I might actually lower my tires pressures too. I still won't have my 2 exhaust leaks fixed. I have an exhaust manifold bolt that just spins and also my Y pipe doesn't line up with one of my short headers (huge leak there), so no, I am not at full power/max boost at all. My gauge never goes above 5psi when I should hit 8.

I brought that car on the track the same as I drive it every day. The motor is a 2.8 V6 stroked to 3.1L with an '86 Audi 5000 turbo using a 80's GM ignition retard module connected to a knock sensor with 19# injectors and a turned up FPR (45psi @ idle) and ZERO tuning running a stock 87 Fiero computer and stock chip. Only other engine mod is the shorty headers and a 2.5" exhaust after the turbo. Turbo is at 8psi(though never hits it), but I have enough fuel for 12psi.

Current estimated rwhp (assuming 5psi) is 170rwhp, my prior NA 3.4 put down 150rwhp with modest mods. At 8psi, I should be putting down 196rwhp. This is assuming 125rwhp base from most Fiero 3.1 stroked motors.

About 3rd & 4th place. They should let us duke it out for 3rd.
I have an extra set of heads and lower intake that I will probably get ported and polished soon. When I install those and fix the 2 leaks (1 on each header) watch out.

fyi,
My clutch dump was at 2300rpm. I almost never lose off the line. My cross-over wasn't as loose in the July 2nd race and I was running with more power there...but then that 2006 Charger had the race of his life against me and the inside lane... HE was completely crap-tacular after my race.

By the way, V8 Archie installed a G6-6speed into my other Fiero. He also can mate this to an LSx motor in a fiero and has kits for putting LSx motors in Fieros now.

Last edited by lou_dias; 08-06-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: grammar, plus added info
Old 08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Lou no one cares about the fiero
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Junkie

How does your caliper work? If its like mine with the pins sliding into the bracket, clean it all out with brake cleaner and grease up the pins, but you probably already know that. You definitely want to fix it though because that sounds dangerous!

I also agree on the 3rd vs 4th place cars. Give them a 1 lap consolation playoff run.

I'll be there Labor Day, maybe we'll get matched up.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z28bryan

He better hope not

hmmm maybe my SS will be ready to give the schalacka
Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Lou no one cares about the fiero
I love hypocracy...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
How does your caliper work? If its like mine with the pins sliding into the bracket, clean it all out with brake cleaner and grease up the pins, but you probably already know that. You definitely want to fix it though because that sounds dangerous!

I also agree on the 3rd vs 4th place cars. Give them a 1 lap consolation playoff run.

Mine work the same way, my other Fiero has Wilwood 4-pistons on all the corners and I have the bolt-pattern converted to 5x4.75" (via custom bearings) with 16" '99 SS chrome plated 5 spoke wheels on it and 12" slotted/vented/cross-drilled rotors on all 4 corners

I think it's the piston that is getting stuck, not the pins it rides on. It's cheap and easy enough to replace the caliper. The pins get re-used.

On the way home, both me and the g/f (who recorded your final mathup and some from the previous show including the Artie Glassman one and you vs. the vette) noticed my car get squiggly at low speed, then later on it freed up and I was straight again.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

He better hope not

hmmm maybe my SS will be ready to give the schalacka
Bring that sled...if you ever get it registered.

Let's hope it starts. That thing idles like straight ****.

By the way, that was my 3rd 4th place finish with my 3rd different Fiero. As I recall, you and your LS1's, Marco, have yet to do better.

In the first, I lost in October of 2001 to Alan Colleetry's old red and white camaro by less than the length of it. That was in the Red '87 Fiero GT.

In the second, I beat, then lost and smashed my '88GT into the wall against that infamous red Mustang back on June 29, 2003

Then I lost to the Camaro that gave Bryan a very good race yesterday.

When you place better than 4th, you can open your mouth again. Until then, know your role (as my younger brother) and shut your mouth.

Last edited by lou_dias; 08-06-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: third 4th place, not second...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL its called big ******* Cam, and if i recall i already gave you the schalacka in it
Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Teching In

LOL its called big ******* Cam, and if i recall i already gave you the schalacka in it
As I recall, you didn't need to take a turn. Any monkey can make any car go fast straight ahead. One day, a tree will give you the schalacka...

LT1-Turbo Fiero would give you the schalacka...

Last edited by lou_dias; 08-06-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i may go down to see u guys duke it out bryan.... of coarse i will be cheering for u
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

OH....oh....sounds like the challenge has been made. WJ
Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Teching In

My brother spends too much money on speeding tickets and replacing balding tires, so I somehow doubt he'll show up on Labor Day with a registered car.

But if he does, I'll do him a favor and save him some tire thread and race him in the first round so he can sit down and enjoy watching Bryan continue to do well.

Quick Reply: Bryan Takes The Win At Seekonk Speedway!