Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Just got HARASSED by a CT state trooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

You have no clue. CT is between NJ/NY and Boston, we get alot of through traffic and alot of bad elements coming through. We pay for this via our taxes and I would pay it gladly if that ment I am safe and not going to get killed, robbed, shot, or hit while in my car.
Im not gonna lie, im a little jaded by my experience with small town police, I get pulled over for exhaust being to loud on a monthly basis.
My point is that we wouldnt need as many police if the ones out there focused on keeping us safe from being robbed, shot or hit in my car instead of worrying about how much noice im making or in this case busting his ***** because his license says he needs glasses. But we have enough money (rich, influencial(sp?) citizens) to make enough of a stink to put more cops on the beat and all because the more cops the safer they FEEL.

Why couldnt the cop have atleast let him off on the glasses and NOT TOW THE CAR once he realize that he wasnt one of these "bad elements"

and finally get back on topic...
I hope it all works out for you in court.

Last edited by zz4camaro1980; 09-06-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Why couldnt the cop have atleast let him off on the glasses thing once he realize that he wasnt one of these "bad elements"
My best guess was the driver pissed off the officer. In my situation he told me how he could nail me for the plate, the tires, the exhaust etc etc. I kept calm and treated him like a person and it worked out.

Word of advice for everyone, shake hands, it really works I have done it 3 times, works everytime.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car isnt illegally modified, sure the smog and cats are gone
+ no hood

It was harassment. The officer read his address on the license and could see he was close to home. No need for as tow.
unless the kid gets into a wreck on the way home then sues the cop for not doing his job
Old 09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont wanna get "harassed" by the cops trade the F-body in for a 4 door civic...problems solved! comes with the territory my friend, look in sig, i know whats it all about to drive a "pull me over red" car.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
You know I love yea Jon but I do have to disagree.

Before my camaro got parted out I got bagged for going 82 in a 55 in the camaro. I got grilled about no front lic plate, M/T drag radials, and racing helmet in the driver seat and the loud exhaust LT's ORY to the corsa = LOUD. And the other car I was next to, he asked if I was racing him. (it was Red Screamin)

I got a promise to appear, but I was super polite, I talked to him like a human being and I shook his hand after he handed me the PTA, I show up and the lady prosecutor stated....

"The officer said you had a excellet attitude, I am not prosecuting you, have a nice day"

This was on the Berlin Turnpike, Rt 15 Merrit parkway. People have died here and police presence has definitly stepped up in the past years, they are not ******* around anymore.

I was just stating that his story may not sound like he was harassed, but we all know when we are harassed. Its happened to all of us.

A few years ago toward the end of racing season I got pulled over for doing a 60mph in the right lane of rt95 north of Boston. I was waiting for my buddy and his dad (towing a vehicle to NED) and a state trooper came up in the middle lane to my rear wheel, ten dropped back slowly and paced me for about a minute, then pulled me over. He said my registration sticker (that goes on the license plate was expired). He definitely was looking for a reason to pull me over. I showed him the new sticker that was in the glove box (hadnt put it on yet) and then he took my license and registration. He then came back after checking my clean driving record and noticed my inspection sticker was expired too. I told him the car has been off the road all summer and I just go it up and running and wanted to head to the track before it closed (did heads/cam). I was very polite and in return he said "Put the sticker on your plate when you get to the track and get a new inspection sticker". I said "Thanks you sir i will" and that was that. Being polite helped in my case as well as I wasnt breaking the law... but sometimes cops are dicks anyway Sounds like the trooper in CT was based on the fact that he was gonna tow the car because of a glasses situation.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ace68
unless the kid gets into a wreck on the way home then sues the cop for not doing his job
and the reason for the cop not allowing someone to come get his car is ????? By saying it has to be towed is the cop being a dick. I wasnt there, so I dont know if the thread starter said something to **** him off....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

WIKI how to
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

http://www.beatmyspeedingticket.com/
Old 09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

maybe for the fact it had no hood?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like someone needs to take responsibility for their own **** instead of crying about it
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys i wasnt rude to the cop at all, even after he gave me the ticket i said thank you sir, have a nice day, he asked me where i was going, and i told him i was just on my way home, no lame excuse, Nothing, when the cop came back to the car and told me about the glasses thing, i said sir im very sorry i didnt know that was the law, im sorry sir i will get it changed asap, i was very polite. If he was that concearned about me driving home, why couldnt he just follow me the 2 mins down the road? he was out to get me, plain and simple, i just got him on an off day. He just wanted to see my little hotrod get towed, and probably hoped my eibach/ long tube combo would get ruined by the tow truck.

Even the tow guy that picked up my car had a bad experience with him, when he once took 30mins to get to the tow, the cop evaluated the tow rig, and ticketed it, thus putting the truck down for 3 weeks and inspection.

I asked him what if my car couldnt be towed ( because of long tubes/ eibachs) he said the cops couldnt care LESS and MAKE them put the car on regaurdless, and if they do ( AND they do) get damaged the cop writes "car was damaged prior to tow" thankfully i got a friend/ car guy tow guy, and not some ***** who didnt care

The hood thing isnt illegal, but its def a big "look at me flag" , to be honest with you it wasnt my intention to lie to the cop, he just made me nervous, and it was the first thing i could think of, with the lasik thing. He just had the kind of, " im gonna screw you" attitude
Old 09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

I can definitely vouch for the fact that being the nicest guy in the world to the cop often doesn't make a particle of difference. If it did I wouldn't have to go to Worcester for a hearing later this month.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just got pulled over last saturday night by a ct statie on 95, i got a $310 speeding ticket for doing 80 in a 55.

and fyi, i got a huge ticket when i lost 2 of my pins for my hood on my 3rd gen i drove it around for a few days with no hood and got if im not mistaken a 250$ fine for it. he could have done much worse, i got arrested for wreckless driving spinning tires on sand unintentionally coming off a shoulder where my friend broke down. try bein hand cuffed in the back of a cop car and watch your car get loaded on a flat bed and driven the opposite way u r goin ;(
Old 09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dammmm i would be soo heated, im fighting this one for sure
Old 09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mark98SS
So basically, you got nailed doing at least 84 in a 55 & the cop was a little hard nosed because the car looked modified, correct? Good thing you are not in VA as that would have cost a couple thousand if not jail time. Plead guilty & ask the judge for mercy on the points/fine based on your good driving record.

Yea 3 grand.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Most of these cops need to focus on real crime and not BS...
Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the cop let him drive his car home and then he had gotten in an accident and killed someone they would have seen on his license that he was supposed to have glasses on. They also would have seen that the Trooper just pulled him over, warned him about not wearing his glasses, and then let him drive off. Once the Trooper knew he didn't have his glasses the car had to be towed. Otherwise the Trooper could get in major trouble including beind sued.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Teching In

glocklimited9, Well as a Troper I have to answer this one, Your point is you your pissed because you got towed, now there is 3 sides to ever story yours the troopers and somewhere in there is the true story. Can he tow your car YES, you have a restrection on your license that says thou shall not drive without corrective lenes, could he of had someone pick up you car, its his discretion, he could of had a pending call that he had to get going and not able wait for a friend to pick up the car. I have sat there plenty of times waitng for a friend that was only 5 min away and took an hour.
We all have hard asses in all of our jobs, are we perfect NO, no one is happy to get stopped and banged for a 400 ticket, Now I know you most likely have no front plate, loud aftermarket exhaust, did you tint your windows, so you got a break on the front plate $93.00 exhaust $220.00 and an inspection required for the exhaust, off to DMV to get it inspected, tints $136.00 even of they are legal he could of hit you with an inspection decal missing for the tints.. so where you harrassed??

Here is what I have to offer you! If your interested hit me on a PM and we can set up a ride alone with me in the Camaro and see all the excusses I hear, I'll show you the VASCAR, LASER etc and then I want you to post about your experence!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

That sounds like a great opportunity, I would take him up on that in a second. Dave is a cool guy, I met him at the CTFBA meet this spring. In riding along with a cop you would probably realize why some cops are jerks, because of all the bs they have to put up with, and gain some appreciation for the fact that most of them still manage to be professional and corteous.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Happens both ways..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296155,00.html

A McDonald's worker in Union City, Ga., was arrested and jailed Thursday night for putting too much salt and pepper on a police officer's hamburger, MyFoxAtlanta reported Friday.

Kendra Bull was mixing hamburger meat when, she said, too much salt and pepper accidentally spilled into the bowl. Bull said her manager was working with her, and continued to make patties out of the meat. Bull grilled and ate one of the over-seasoned burgers for her dinner break and grilled the remaining burgers from the batch.

A police officer purchased one of the salty burgers and became sick. According to MyFoxAtlanta, the police accused Bull of purposely pouring the salt and pepper on the burger and charged her with reckless conduct. The police photographed the burger, took the sick cop to the hospital, and carted Bull off to jail.

Bull, who spent Thursday night in jail until she was released on a $1,000 signature bond Friday morning, admitted the burgers were too salty, but said she ate one from the batch and did not get sick. She also said that security cameras trained on the work area and grill will prove that the salt was spilled accidentally.

Bull's attorney, a public defender, asked the judge to dismiss the charges, but the judge refused