Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Just got HARASSED by a CT state trooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got pulled over last weekend for doing 85 in in 50 and got a ticket for illegal exhaust. It sucks because its a lot of money but could have been worse so im not complaining. The trooper said that i got the ticket b/c i had no cats, does anybody know if i throw the cats on if i will pass inspection or do I have to get everything taken care of to make the exhaust legal like but stock manifolds on and everything?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

I just had to bump this old thread. I've had nothing but disgusting experiences with the CT state police. One time I was questioned for vandalism at a super market. First, I was put in handcuffs and told to sit in a chair because I didn't call him sir enough times, and wasn't showing enough respect. ( I didn't call him sir, but I wasn't running my mouth.) He asked where I work, and I was starting a new job a week from then.

Long story short, I wasn't charged with anything because I was innocent, 100% clean record. The cop went to the deli where I was about to start my new job the day after on his off time, and told the owner to not hire me. When I went in to take my job later that week, the owner said the deal was off and that he couldn't hire somebody that was causing trouble in the town.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sixil
I just had to bump this old thread. I've had nothing but disgusting experiences with the CT state police. One time I was questioned for vandalism at a super market. First, I was put in handcuffs and told to sit in a chair because I didn't call him sir enough times, and wasn't showing enough respect. ( I didn't call him sir, but I wasn't running my mouth.) He asked where I work, and I was starting a new job a week from then.

Long story short, I wasn't charged with anything because I was innocent, 100% clean record. The cop went to the deli where I was about to start my new job the day after on his off time, and told the owner to not hire me. When I went in to take my job later that week, the owner said the deal was off and that he couldn't hire somebody that was causing trouble in the town.
Wow, that was a lousy thing to do. I always give cops the benefit of the doubt, but just like any other group of people, some are just ********.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula413
Wow, that was a lousy thing to do. I always give cops the benefit of the doubt, but just like any other group of people, some are just ********.
The crappy part is that if you even attempt to argue or dispute or even in my case defend yourself, you just get into more trouble and can even get arrested for "disturbing the peace" if he feels like it. I can't get this guy in trouble with his superiors because they're all "buddies".
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Teching In

I should add, this was 2 years ago I was 17 at the time. A professional, responsible, for the good of the people State Trooper goes out of his way to screw over an innocent kid trying to get a job?! Its not even defendable...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM

Pay the ticket. Cops use their judgement a lot. You may have caught one on a bad day, or he thought you needed a reality check. I have had good and bad experiences with CT troopers. Mostly good.

I've been let off for street racing on 395
Let go with a warning for 135+ on 395 @ 3am. (brakes on when he got me )

Got hit with a nite stick in RI for drinking in public.

Cop: What's in the cup?
Me: Captain & coke.
Cop: You're going to jail.
Me: you're kidding, right?
Cop: BANG.........Whacked me with a nite stick.

Sure enough nite in westerly jail. $35 fine.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Another story,

Had a kid working for me. Needed a CDL for his job. Gets a ticket on 395 @ 3am for 120+. Tells me parts of the story at different times. Turns out he was warned by another trooper for the same thing 15 min up the road and let off. 2nd time different cop nailed him for it. You don't think they had radio contact? Mandatory court appearance. Crying to me not to loose his job, COP was an a$$, whole story. Not his fault. No one on the road at that time. I should add, he's doing 120+ in a car I would not consider safe to do 55 in. POS 1980's toyota rusted to **** and all dented up. I try to work with the kid. Work it out so if he looses his liscence we will keep him on untill he can get it back. Offer to go to court with him to talk to the judge so he can keep his job. Month later he gets a DUI. Goes to court the same day for all of it and looses his liscence. DUI was for drugs.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Another story,

Had a kid working for me. Needed a CDL for his job. Gets a ticket on 395 @ 3am for 120+. Tells me parts of the story at different times. Turns out he was warned by another trooper for the same thing 15 min up the road and let off. 2nd time different cop nailed him for it. You don't think they had radio contact? Mandatory court appearance. Crying to me not to loose his job, COP was an a$$, whole story. Not his fault. No one on the road at that time. I should add, he's doing 120+ in a car I would not consider safe to do 55 in. POS 1980's toyota rusted to **** and all dented up. I try to work with the kid. Work it out so if he looses his liscence we will keep him on untill he can get it back. Offer to go to court with him to talk to the judge so he can keep his job. Month later he gets a DUI. Goes to court the same day for all of it and looses his liscence. DUI was for drugs.

I hope you fired his dumbass.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixil
I hope you fired his dumbass.
x2 i wouldnt want a smuck like that working for me...
Old 07-13-2008, 07:34 AM

He was just young and made some mistakes. He quit before I fired him. He knew it was comming when I called him into my office.