Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Just got HARASSED by a CT state trooper

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Just got HARASSED by a CT state trooper

hey guys, so im comming home from the gym in my red ( arrest me red) 96 and im on the highway keeping up with traffic, going about 75-80 in a 55, anyways, i see a state trooper on the side of the road, so i start to brake, by the time i got up to him he already had his lights on and was waiting for me. Now as some of you know i do paint and body work for a living, so took my hood off earlier that day for some body work. I also have a very expensive beltronics radar that picks up lazer, and radar in my local towns, and i got NOTHING from this guy.

I am always very nice and polite to the cops, i pull far over ( had the windows and ttops out) Shut the car off, get my license, and reggie ready for him before he even comes to the window. Now he walks up to my car and askes me if i knew the speed limit, i told him yes, 55, and he asked me why i was speeding if i had somewhere to be, i said no sir, just on my way home. Then he asks me why my hood was off as he is clearly looking into the engine bay and most likely looking at my delteq and long tubes that are stairing him right in the face. I told him i had hit a dear, and he was off to his car, after me saying how sorry i was and all that. The cop was being a dick to me from minute one

He quickly comes back to my car and askes me where my glasses are, now i havent worn my glasses in about 7 years, and i never use them for anything, and i actually tried to drive with them a few times, and i cant do it because im just not used to them. Anyway i quickly told him i had lasik eye surgery ( which i never did i just needed an excuse for this *****) because i knew if i told him i had contacts he would ask to see them, then he says to me i have a big problem, that he isnt an eye doctor and that my licnese says i need my glasses and i have no proof of the surgery i cant drive it, and that he is towing my car. I again explain to him how sorry i am, and that i wasnt aware of this, and ask him if i could just have somebody pick up my car because im literally MINUTES away from my house, he says no, and to wait for the tow truck.

HE comes back to my car with his 450 dollar ticket for me, he writes down 84-55, and a fine for no glasses, he says ok just mail this in blah blah, so im thinking im not getting towed, and i say sir thank you so much for not towing my car im only a few mintues from home and im gonna get my license fixed, he says yea, then he tells me if i dont have the cash my car is going to impound, and the truck is going to be there in ten minutes WTF!!!!!

anyway i eneded up knwoing the tow guy, and he just towed me out of sight and let me go, but now i dont know what to do about this ticket, i do need glasses but i told him i had lasik, i wonder if i fight it and go to court if he wrote that down?? My sister has contacts and says i can use her paper work and tell the court i had contacts and he still didnt let me go, This guy was an absolute ******* and he hated me from the second he saw me, i have been pullled over many times, and never even got asked about my glasses.

I also dont thnk he had his radar on, but im not sure how i could prove this? I dont have any tickets on my license and id like to keep it that way, any tips on how to fight this. I hate how cops love this car while many illegals are speeding by with no license and insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F$$k You Trooper, burn in hell
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

dude that f'ed up! ive always heard CT staties are ball busters.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got pulled over about 3 weeks ago by one, i did the same thing, the officer was sweet as pie, i got a ticket for not using a signal, and he even told me to fight it that he wasnt going to show!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

So basically, you got nailed doing at least 84 in a 55 & the cop was a little hard nosed because the car looked modified, correct? Good thing you are not in VA as that would have cost a couple thousand if not jail time. Plead guilty & ask the judge for mercy on the points/fine based on your good driving record.

Last edited by Mark98SS; 09-05-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ct cops are ********
Old 09-05-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

How the hell can you say you were harrassed? Everything he wrote you up for was illegal and I'm sure you knew it. Let's see, you were doing at least 20 mph over the limit, driving around without a hood, driving around without your glasses which you know you're legally supposed to have, you lied straight to the cop's face twice, and your car is illegally modified. The tow thing sucks, but it's the law. He's not going to sit around waiting all day for your friends to come pick up the car. I'd honestly tell the judge what happened, including the fact that he said he wasn't going to tow you, and as Mark said, beg for mercy.

Unlikely that the contacts bit will work. The cop and judge know that if you said you have contacts that the cop would have either taken your word for it or have you take them out and show him. Plus lying to a judge is never a great idea considering the whole shibang is $450. Plus he let you off for the headers.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow you guys arent getting what im saying, my car isnt illegally modified, sure the smog and cats are gone, but im saying he looked under my hood and saw it was modded and im sure he didnt like it and its no way, shape, or form illegal to drive with no hood.

giant, sit around all day for my friends to come? i was less then a mile from my house, and he didnt even wait for the tow truck to come anyway, he backed up and continued to stop about 15 more cars

I have been pulled over many times in my life, and even gotten into accidents ( which werent my fault) and never has a cop asked me about my glasses,

Really what im wondering is, do they make out a report, do you think its gonna say that i said i had lasik? Im sure i can get away with the glasses thing, not sure about the speeding, but this cop was down right rude to me, from the get go
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

When I worked in CT as a Federal Correction Officer, the State Troopers there would even harass us because a few officers were drinkers so they thought we ALL drink and drive.

The radar is now instant on/off so you won't even be aware.. however, in NY it will say if radar was used on the summonses. I'm not sure about CT.

You can fight the fact that you seriously doubt you were going that speed, but if this guy went through the trouble of the eyeglass thing, he probably would be prepared at a court appearance.

If you lie under oath and can't prove lasik- you're asking for trouble.

Just take your lumps and be happy they didn't impound your car.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

IF I were you and it sounds like Ive been in this predicament a couple of times.. Just send in the ticket not guilty (I assume its a ticket not a summons, I didnt read TOOOOO close) and then take w/e the prosecutor gives you. They will usually give you a hugely reduced fine. Take it, plead guilty, etc. go home and go on living your life.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you take it to court, understand that everything you said will be in a report, probably recorded by the camera in the officer's car. You see it all the time on cops, so if you think that you might get nabbed with the lasik thing, then be warned.

If you have a clean record and want it to stay that way, I'd suggest getting a lawyer, and that still won't promise that you will get away clean. I guarintee a fine at a minimum.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

old but best advise is to talk to a lawyer. those are some expensive fines.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think his car was far enough away that the cam didnt pick it up, but they do have a report so idk
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by glocklimited9
wow you guys arent getting what im saying, my car isnt illegally modified, sure the smog and cats are gone, but im saying he looked under my hood and saw it was modded and im sure he didnt like it and its no way, shape, or form illegal to drive with no hood.

giant, sit around all day for my friends to come? i was less then a mile from my house, and he didnt even wait for the tow truck to come anyway, he backed up and continued to stop about 15 more cars
Smog and cats are gone, and long tubes. I'm guessing a catback too. Very illegal (at least the catback/longtubes). How exactly is it not illegally modified? You have on ORY. Do you know what that stands for? OFF ROAD Ypipe! OFF ROAD=Not street legal. I wouldn't be so sure about the hood thing either. It is illegal in Ma, doesn't mean it is in CT, but I wouldn't rule it out without checking up on it first.

And if you've ever seen the show cops you'll see people often begging for the officer to let somebody pick the car up. If the driver gets stopped without a license, a drug offense where the car was used to buy, DUI, or for a million other reasons the car has to be towed. It is the law. He could get his ***** busted for letting somebody else pick up the car, and why should he put his neck on the line for a kid that was speeding pretty badly and lying to him? The law sucks, not the cop in the case of the towing.

Really, where was the harrassment? Maybe he wasn't the nicest guy, but harrassment is a strong word.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fight it, you can likely at least get it reduced. If you really were just keeping up with traffic then that is excessive.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Internet Mechanic

I dont see that as Harassment, take it to court, he will show up, try to fight it,

No cats, no smog, lol thats quite illegal.

I know my share of troopers and they all work very hard and you got one on a off day where he couldnt let yea go.

Radar and Camera's are on all the time.

I.E. Take your lumps.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM
11 Second Club

yeah...you just ran into a stickler that goes by the book. doesnt mean he was harassing you...cant blame a guy for doin his job well.
you shouldnt have lied to to him in the first place cause what ends up happening is, it snowballs. now your up ***** creek cause everything you say is in fact recorded and can come back to bite you in the ***.
you should talk to your lawyer and weigh your options from there. last thing you should do is go to court by yourself....the judge will have a field day with your lies. with all that said, goodluck...keep us posted
Old 09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
...Just send in the ticket not guilty (I assume its a ticket not a summons...)
it'll be a court summons... anything 20mph or more over the posted speed limit is an automatic court date...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It was harassment. The officer read his address on the license and could see he was close to home. No need for as tow. Also, its hard to write down every little detail in a post to prove it was harassment. You KNOW when YOU are being harassed. I think we have all had that experience.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

The law sucks, not the cop in the case of the towing.
Are you saying that cops never pick and chose what laws they are gonna bust you for? And do you really think that same cop follows every law in the book when off duty? No cop enforces EVERY law on the books. Cops do what they want, when they want and there is nothing we can do about it.

CT sucks because cops have nothing better to do than bust your ***** for dumbass reasons. I spent a few years in Pittsburgh and never got pulled over for anything (my driving style didnt change), when cops have real **** to worry about like murderers traffic violations are the least of their worries. CT has to much money = to many cops with nothing better to do. I agree, it doesnt sound like harrassment, but he was definetly being a dick.

Fight the ticket, at the very least you should get a reduced fine.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by RealQuick
It was harassment. The officer read his address on the license and could see he was close to home. No need for as tow. Also, its hard to write down every little detail in a post to prove it was harassment. You KNOW when YOU are being harassed. I think we have all had that experience.
You know I love yea Jon but I do have to disagree.

Before my camaro got parted out I got bagged for going 82 in a 55 in the camaro. I got grilled about no front lic plate, M/T drag radials, and racing helmet in the driver seat and the loud exhaust LT's ORY to the corsa = LOUD. And the other car I was next to, he asked if I was racing him. (it was Red Screamin)

I got a promise to appear, but I was super polite, I talked to him like a human being and I shook his hand after he handed me the PTA, I show up and the lady prosecutor stated....

"The officer said you had a excellet attitude, I am not prosecuting you, have a nice day"

This was on the Berlin Turnpike, Rt 15 Merrit parkway. People have died here and police presence has definitly stepped up in the past years, they are not ******* around anymore.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Are you saying that cops never pick and chose what laws they are gonna bust you for? And do you really think that same cop follows every law in the book when off duty? No cop enforces EVERY law on the books. Cops do what they want, when they want and there is nothing we can do about it.

CT sucks because cops have nothing better to do than bust your ***** for dumbass reasons. I spent a few years in Pittsburgh and never got pulled over for anything (my driving style didnt change), when cops have real **** to worry about like murderers traffic violations are the least of their worries. CT has to much money = to many cops with nothing better to do. I agree, it doesnt sound like harrassment, but he was definetly being a dick.
You have no clue. CT is between NJ/NY and Boston, we get alot of through traffic and alot of bad elements coming through. We pay for this via our taxes and I would pay it gladly if that ment I am safe and not going to get killed, robbed, shot, or hit while in my car.

We are ALL assuming he was a perfect lil angel and nothing stated incorrectly, we do not have a taped conversation. CT state police does, because its video and sound recorded, the officer felt he did right.

THe kid will have his day in court to plead otherwise.