Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Whats the law on shooting someone in your driveway?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This world's goin to ****!!! When you get charged for someone breaking into your home there's a problem, the SYSTEM is a JOKE!! Sorry, to hear about the break in Bruce! Please tell me they didn't mess up the Vette??
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Forget that. Take matters into your own hands. If you see the kids, beat the living **** out of them. Then go punch yourself in the face so you have a bruise on you and say they came up in your property and started to gang up on you.... Self defense. Its your word against theres.... Even if they dont get anything and you get a verbal warning from the cops, the kids will think you are one crazy **** and never want to mess with you again....
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the best one....

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=95884
Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

^ Fran where do you find this ****??
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a camera and catch them in the act. That is the safest way to proceed, even if it isn't the most fun.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

PA has some of the best laws regarding this. If they are in possession of your property, you can shoots the bastards!
BUT. someone i worked with got thrown in jail because he fought off a bunch of guys who broke into his house and attacked him. he chased them out of the front door, and beat the living crap out of 2 of them. because they were already off his property, i think he was charged with attempted murder or some bs.

as far as a pellet gun. i have one that i picked up from walmart or something for like $70. semi automatic, CO2 powered, etc. the thing can shoot straight through glass. looks really real too. if you dont want to spend a lot, go check out a basic sports store or walmart.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

I worked with a guy that had his truck broke into a couple of times, he went and bought a paint ball gun and froze a hand full of paint ***** and waited for them to hit again. he knew that they were going through his back window so he started parking his truck with bed torwards his house (his bedroom window just above) and for some reason he has a mini frige in his bedroom. When he heard them the next time he put the gun out the window and cranked the one that was hanging half way in the back window, he said the kid screamed bloody murder, he had his wife call the cops while he went out to catch them., and he did. when the cops showed up like an hour later, they sited him for aggravated assult with intent to harm, confiscated the gun and the kids got nothing. If thats not f__ked up nothing is. And for your information I was told by a state trooper that if you shoot someone (god forbid you have to) he said shoot to kill not to just shoot him in the leg or something like that he said that you'll probably end up in more trouble than the theif. Because he can't tell his side of the story, and he won't be able to sue you (which shouldn't be alowed to begin with they break in they take the risk).
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the hell with the vette...please tell me they didnt hurt the Miata????
Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Launching!

I say move down south to texas or something. You have the right to kill somebody for coming on your property and to conceal weapons.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Bruce You need some good ole boys to roam the area for ya :p.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Aint nuthin a Taurus .454 Casull could'nt handle....... LOL
Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Here is a pellet gun that should scare them.

Career .50 Dragon Slayer

OR one like this.

Pellet cannon

WARNING - DO NOT SHOOT ANYONE WITH ONE OF THESE!!! THEY ARE SERIOUS AIR GUNS!

Had to put that in there.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Find the badist *** 17 year old 6'2 200 lb. minor to patroll your ****.
will prob work for beer or a few bucks. cant be tried as an adult ??
or the noyzee blanks w/ lazer sight is bad ***!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
paint ***** can put a hurtin on ya also if you have the right gun.
Got access to a DM4 with the chip for cheating... It can throw some paint..
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Noyzee;8536599

when your motion light goes on,

put on one of these

[IMG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/Noyzee/untitledll.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the visual... Still laughing my *** off.

Can't imagine someone having a pair of these hanging on a nail as you go out the door..........
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you all for your input. I think i've finally come up with a logical thing to do that will work some things out. Heres the plan.

I will go around at night in a ninja outfit and hit kids with tiny ninja stars each nite after midnight in random area's in the development. Thus starting a serial ninja guy out that attacking kids. This will start parents in a stir making their kids stay in after midnight and then there will be no more breaking into peoples property??? Whatta ya think?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

for a second there, i thought i mistakenly clicked on the TX forum instead of the Eastern forum... TX forum has one of these posts a week . very interesting how the responses to this topic vary across the country.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im 19 years old... def a youngin... and i can see you guy's point. and i remember one time when i was about 15 my two dumbass buddies were throwing rocks at this guys house at like midnight... nothing happened... we went back the next night and they did it again. i walked away from the situation (up the street some) the guy cameout of the woods with a ski mask on ahand gun in one hand and a pipe in the other. he chased my two friends, even shot at one of them (I was already high tailing it out of there) we all ran then he got in his truck and stormed around the neighborhood looking for all of us. I didnt live in no low development, (rural neighborhood) but i know i was too afraid to tell my parents about it and we def never went back to that house ever again....
Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

The beauty of shooting (but not fatally wounding) someone who was attempting to mess with your car or home is that there is NO legal recourse they would take after they run away.
Just like a case involving stealing money from a drug dealer (I've never done such a thing, I swear LOL) what are they gonna do, call the cops on ya?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
The beauty of shooting (but not fatally wounding) someone who was attempting to mess with your car or home is that there is NO legal recourse they would take after they run away.
Just like a case involving stealing money from a drug dealer (I've never done such a thing, I swear LOL) what are they gonna do, call the cops on ya?
You would think that would be the case, but I know of a friend of an inlaw that had their house broken into, and their rotty tore the guy up pretty good. Now they are in court battling to get their dog back and fighting a lawsuit over 'personal damages' inflicted by the dog on the theif.

Ask OJ the difference between civil and criminal cases.

Quick Reply: Whats the law on shooting someone in your driveway?