Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Corvette C6 destroyed by VA tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
It wasn't her primary vehicle anyway - she did not rely on it to get to work, so I don't agree with your point. She chose to deal with more 'headache' by considering and ultimately going with another offer/choice. CAM did offer to make it right and the offer showed that he was willing to stand behind his employees mistake.

Demanding something materially more than you're owed is called unjust enrichment, and it is against the law.
Doesnt matter if it is her primary vehicle, its still a vehcile that she has paid for or is paying for and it is her property, period. If the shop is impeding her use of her property due to a huge error that is their fault, then she should be compensated accordingly. I read through most of the thread but didnt come accross what CAM/Jeff offered? If he offered to compensate her fairly for the damages he caused then by all means that is more than enough. I still dont agree though that there shouldnt be a penalty for all of the headaches that come with having a shop destroy your car. Thats like saying if you had a summer home and were having a contractor do work on your property, totally screwed up and ruined a portion/entire house, and then you had to sit and wait for the house to be fixed, wouldnt you be a little pissed? I dont agree with the pain and suffering for the loss of the car or suing for multiple times the cars worth, but be real man if you mess up and cause people issues, like having to deal with your own personal property being destroyed, you should have to compensate the customer somehow for all the crap they have to go through.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DanielZ06
Why on Earth would I take a newly replaced car BACK to the shop that totalled my car in the first place? Would would I trust someone that is looking to spend the least amount of money possible to swap over parts from a totaled vehicle? Why should the customer NOT have the parts replaced with new parts? What difference does it make if it was not a primary mode of transportation.

Guess what, that's her $45,000.00 car and I don't care if it hadn't been driven in 4 years. Trying to downplay the situation because it was a pleasure vehicle is absurd.

If Creech were such a stand-up guy, he would've called his insurance company (because it is obviously his shop's responsibility) and replaced everything to the customer's wishes.

The fact is, he wanted to spend as little as possible by transferring over used car parts that could've had potential internal damage, cracks or fractures in the casting and having the customer supply a new car through their own insurance company. This is what I'd call a poor business decision, made by an unethical business owner with only one person's interests in mind; his own.
Thank god!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I think a court would look at this different as well since it was aftermarket performance items being installed and not the same as if she brought her car to a dealership for a service recall and they trashed her car.

I know if I was on a jury, and hearing what has happened thus far, I would lean in favor of the shop owner since he tried to make things right.

This post (and I'm certain many others) haven't been about making things right, but more of a mob mentality and are looking to ruin this guy. People incorporate business and get business insurance for this very reason. His employee made a mistake, and as the business owner, he offered to make it right. The woman decided not to accept the offer, and chose to pursue her own insurance. This shouldn't have made it to the internet because now it's slander and he could go after her for lost business and revinue. That my friends is personal damages, not being unable to drive your car for two months.
From what I read correct me if I'm wrong the owner LET the employee use the car. If it was the employee taking matters into his own hands, he should be fired, and this is what insurance is for. You can't control everything your employee does, but to let him take the car, is putting the responsibility on yourself, he might as well have been driving the car. The owner is at fault, and I really hope this make's the news, although I doubt it will.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DanielZ06
Why on Earth would I take a newly replaced car BACK to the shop that totalled my car in the first place? Would would I trust someone that is looking to spend the least amount of money possible to swap over parts from a totaled vehicle? Why should the customer NOT have the parts replaced with new parts? What difference does it make if it was not a primary mode of transportation.

Guess what, that's her $45,000.00 car and I don't care if it hadn't been driven in 4 years. Trying to downplay the situation because it was a pleasure vehicle is absurd.

If Creech were such a stand-up guy, he would've called his insurance company (because it is obviously his shop's responsibility) and replaced everything to the customer's wishes.

The fact is, he wanted to spend as little as possible by transferring over used car parts that could've had potential internal damage, cracks or fractures in the casting and having the customer supply a new car through their own insurance company. This is what I'd call a poor business decision, made by an unethical business owner with only one person's interests in mind; his own.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmy169
From what I read correct me if I'm wrong the owner LET the employee use the car. If it was the employee taking matters into his own hands, he should be fired, and this is what insurance is for. You can't control everything your employee does, but to let him take the car, is putting the responsibility on yourself, he might as well have been driving the car. The owner is at fault, and I really hope this make's the news, although I doubt it will.
Call better business bureau or Wavy 10!! Both like busting shitty businesses
Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KONG
Call better business bureau or Wavy 10!! Both like busting shitty businesses
lol, if someone recked my vette (if i had one) I'd do more than call the better business bureau, lol.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ You'd learn to spell?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:49 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy169

I can't correct you because none of us know 100% of the story, and that has been my point from the start.

Here's the facts that we know:

The car owner had her car totalled.
The shop responsible offered something to the car owner, who subsequently turned it down.
The car owner went through his/her own insurance for recovery of loss to their vehicle.

At this stage, it's up to the car owner's insurance company to go after the businesses insurance or the business itself to recoup damages.

How the car was destroyed shouldn't matter to the car owner. The insurance isn't going to give her compensation depending on how it was damaged, just the fact that it was damaged. But the personal vendetta is what I have an issue with.

What if the car had fallen off a lift because someone didn't setup the car on the lift properly? Would the situation be different? Both are damage due to negligance.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

About the owner's reputation, search for his name in musclecar forums in the eastern states, and you're going to find a plethora of very unhappy customers. The only thing this is doing is bringing to light the questionable practices/abilities of the shop, by using a (previously) very clean and well kept car for sensational effect. If this was a 2001 Cavalier there wouldn't be a dozen threads in various forums about this one topic.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ You'd learn to spell?
Maybe, but too bad there's no classes on how to stop being an ******* huh? (wanna sp? ******* while your at it?)
Old 01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I can't correct you because none of us know 100% of the story, and that has been my point from the start.

Here's the facts that we know:

The car owner had her car totalled.
The shop responsible offered something to the car owner, who subsequently turned it down.
The car owner went through his/her own insurance for recovery of loss to their vehicle.

At this stage, it's up to the car owner's insurance company to go after the businesses insurance or the business itself to recoup damages.

How the car was destroyed shouldn't matter to the car owner. The insurance isn't going to give her compensation depending on how it was damaged, just the fact that it was damaged. But the personal vendetta is what I have an issue with.

What if the car had fallen off a lift because someone didn't setup the car on the lift properly? Would the situation be different? Both are damage due to negligance.
I see your point. I guess it depends on your morals, I would have a bigger problem with someone taking my car out for a joyride and crashing it, than an accident at the workplace, because in the other instance, they weren't trying to beat the crap out of your car without you knowing, or take advantage of you not being around and accumulating your mileage (I guess that's what make's it personal to other's). But I see you point from a business aspect.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Evilways, you're obviously in the minority around here. The first being that you are loyal, maybe even to a fault. That's awesome that you are going to stick with Jeff even after some broad spread libel causing hate to Jeff's otherwise "good" name. The SECOND being, you are in the minority because you have been "tuned to perfection" by Jeff. But you wrote a rather lengthy response, so you must feel pretty passionate about it. I don't care who's side you're on. Somethings are just not right.
I never said it was right that the car got wrecked. Thats a given, but to try and destroy a man's livelihood due to one accident is just way too extreme. Yes, I'll stick with Jeff, because my experience at his shop and how my car runs is all I need to tell me he does great work. People have gone way too overboard wanting to completely destroy Jeff's rep. all due to ONE accident that wasn't even his fault. Yes, the shop tech should not have taken it that far away from the shop, used it for personal reasons ,nor exceeded the posted speed limit beyond what 99% of all drivers normally do while it was in his possession. If you give me permission to kill someone, is it still your fault that I did? You may be an accesory to the fact, but ultimately , I did the crime.Thats how I see this, Jeff is taking full responsibility and trying his best to make it right , but the owner is being unreasonable and it seems that the employee that caused this whole thing is getting off with just his walking papers.How is that right? All I'm saying is take a closer look and you'll see that Jeff is going well beyond what most any shop would do to make this right and is getting the shiv to the back by some jerks who wanna make this more soap opera than real. It's a frickin' car, would you be as adament to hang Jeff if it was a 81 Datsun 210? What if it was a car you hated, like a Civic or Mustang? Ultimately, it's just another car in the eyes of the law and the insurance companies. If it's totaled, somebody's gonna get a deal when they remove those mods, and BTW...why isn't the owner liable for the mods possibly causing the accident ?Maybe the ex-employee should see if he can get anything from the owner by endangering his and his daughter's life by heavily modifying the car.See how silly this whole thing gets? I say put it to rest and let it stay where it should, between the parties involved:the owner,Jeff,and the employee.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

. all due to ONE accident that wasn't even his fault.

He let the tech drive the car thus it's his resposability, he should give back to the owner excatly what was droped off which was c6 with the same mods.

it seems that the employee that caused this whole thing is getting off with just his walking papers.
the owner can sue the employee for the loss to the company however the custemer's car should be replaced 100%

why isn't the owner liable for the mods possibly causing the accident ?Maybe the ex-employee should see if he can get anything from the owner by endangering his and his daughter's life by heavily modifying the car
if the car wasn't safe it should'nt be on the road and the shop should have known better, to blame the customer for a usafe car that went in for service and was subsequently driven on the road in an unsafe manner is ludicrous.

Last edited by ace68; 01-31-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:49 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I still have yet to see any documentation on the accident. How much was he joyriding if he alegedly had his daughter in the car with him. Maybe he accelerated onto a road and was doing 55 in a 40mph zone. Nothing extreme about that, but it would result in him getting a ticket.

AGAIN, no one has posted any specifics about the accident to make statements like "joyriding".
Old 01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
...Jeff's reputation is forever slandered primarily due to misinformation and reliance on 3rd or 4th hand internet message board information - of which most of it is wrong...
The definition of slander is: A false defamation which injures the reputation of the person defamed. So if the term slander is being used then you're basically calling the owner a liar. Fortunately, the police report states the time (before business hours), location (30 miles from CAM), accident details (excessive speed), and fact that the mechanic was driving with a family member (daughter) - according to his statement, "to school". She quoted the police report and its her perogative to post it or not.

This incident probably never would have made it to the forums if Jeff took responsibility immediately and worked to resolve this issue with his insurance company and hers within a timely manner - but 2 months?? According to Melissa, Jeff first told her that he didn't give Terry permission, but once Terry heard that, he said he had witnesses that heard otherwise, then Jeff "changed his tune" and admitted giving him authorization to drive her car for personal use. This makes him accountable and at fault - he did this to himself.

It sounds like CAM has a track record of providing poor quality tuning services, misleading owners on why they have driveability issues and creating an expectation that a customer could receive their car back with up to 500 miles on the odometer. This incident appears to support a pattern of questionable activities from this shop.

I understand that some of you want to be loyal to Jeff on the forum because you likely made a significant investment in your car with this shop and you want him to continue providing you support, etc. But seriously, behind closed doors - you're probably thinking "Oh ****, why did I bring my car to CAM???" No need to reply. We understand.

Last edited by AlohaC5; 01-31-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

If this was my name getting slammed on this forum and it was my living I would definately stand up here. I am sure he knows of this post and has read it!!! You step up and tell truths you are doing no wrong obvious he knows this is all FUBAR and it is his fault one way or another..

Affraid of legal stuff why, if your telling the truth of your side. Otherwise good luck to you stay in your hole... You`ve already let your ship sink in this matter...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Evilways
I never said it was right that the car got wrecked. Thats a given, but to try and destroy a man's livelihood due to one accident is just way too extreme. Yes, I'll stick with Jeff, because my experience at his shop and how my car runs is all I need to tell me he does great work. People have gone way too overboard wanting to completely destroy Jeff's rep. all due to ONE accident that wasn't even his fault. Yes, the shop tech should not have taken it that far away from the shop, used it for personal reasons ,nor exceeded the posted speed limit beyond what 99% of all drivers normally do while it was in his possession. If you give me permission to kill someone, is it still your fault that I did? You may be an accesory to the fact, but ultimately , I did the crime.Thats how I see this, Jeff is taking full responsibility and trying his best to make it right , but the owner is being unreasonable and it seems that the employee that caused this whole thing is getting off with just his walking papers.How is that right? All I'm saying is take a closer look and you'll see that Jeff is going well beyond what most any shop would do to make this right and is getting the shiv to the back by some jerks who wanna make this more soap opera than real. It's a frickin' car, would you be as adament to hang Jeff if it was a 81 Datsun 210? What if it was a car you hated, like a Civic or Mustang? Ultimately, it's just another car in the eyes of the law and the insurance companies. If it's totaled, somebody's gonna get a deal when they remove those mods, and BTW...why isn't the owner liable for the mods possibly causing the accident ?Maybe the ex-employee should see if he can get anything from the owner by endangering his and his daughter's life by heavily modifying the car.See how silly this whole thing gets? I say put it to rest and let it stay where it should, between the parties involved:the owner,Jeff,and the employee.
its to bad it wasnt your car involved in this mess, it would be interesting to hear how you would have reacted as an owner of a car you modified then trusted a shop with its repairs. and as far as im concerned if it was a modified civic or mustang the same argument stands, the only difference is jeff could buy a civic and remod it for 20k. due to the fact it is a vette the cost of parts and repairs is out the roof and you of all people should know that. you agree that jeff made a mistake allowing the tech to take the car, and that the tech made the mistake and drove over his head. if those two people are at fault then there should be no bitching over who should pay for vehicle and mod replacement.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope Jeff Creech wins the lottery. Girl with vette was probably a bitch anyway. I dont know any of the facts as most of you dont as well, and dont really care. Just curious how long the witch hunt will continue?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 AM
12 Second Club

I'm not interesting in saying anything about the shop owner. He tuned my car and maybe not to perfection, but I did not walk away entirely displeased. I think this thread is more about ANY shop owner, at this point, handling the loss of a high performance car at its employee's negligence. Name's are irrelevant are they not? With the exception that the shop owner in question has had a very erratic tuning record around the many sites he's been attached too.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Evilways
Sucks for Jeff seeing that it was his employee that messed the car up, but he hired him and is ultimately responsible for what his employees do. Its great that you had a positive experience with him, and hopefully everything is worked out and he will get his rep back, but man your defending him and his shop as if they did nothing wrong. Are you kidding? The only problem I see with this issue is that the owner's insurance company had to pay for the car and I dont think thats right. It should have been paid or covered by the tech's insurance or the shop's insurance as the owner of the car shouldnt have to pay any premiums due to their **** up. Also, I wouldnt accept parts swapped from the wrecked car because there could be damage that isnt noticeable on the surface. It sucks that it happened, sucks for Jeff and his shop because of a major **** up by one of his techs, sucks for the owner of the car, but hey **** happens and if he makes things right I dont see there being an issue. He just isnt making it right. I dont agree that everyone should jump on the bandwagon and disrespect Jeff or his shop, but based on this one issue why would anyone ever want to go and seek out his service? JMO.

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 destroyed by VA tuner!