Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JL, hers the info, but i must say the guys that race are very good guys and most dont say much about the"rules" they just like to run the class.

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/htm...?dest=handbook

as for charlie, im not sure what happend, i do know somthing is screwie with the car tho, hard for me to help over the phone, but im pretty sure its a simple fix, just dont know why

as for
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Just read the rules, oem glass and stock radiator support. That tosses 2 things out the window I wanted to do. Workign headlights, need to clarify that too.
I wonder if ths stock lower radiator support alone would be enough.

Damn it everytime I get a list of **** to do together, something comes along and fubar's it.

How much do they really care, I mean if I make a tubular removable upper radiator support, have speedglass on the car and the foglights work, but no headlights? I'll put HID lights in the foglight location and have better lighting then stock if need be.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Larry was fighting cluch problems but managed a 10.6. Way to stay with it.
congrats to jl on the win and to rick, barry and kyle for great runs.
i never got to run the car with the new clutch and it slipped like a bitch first pass out. and then i just couldn't get it to hook after that. on the 10.6 pass hit the rev limiter about 100 ft before the line
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Just read the rules, oem glass and stock radiator support. That tosses 2 things out the window I wanted to do. Workign headlights, need to clarify that too.
I wonder if ths stock lower radiator support alone would be enough.

Damn it everytime I get a list of **** to do together, something comes along and fubar's it.

How much do they really care, I mean if I make a tubular removable upper radiator support, have speedglass on the car and the foglights work, but no headlights? I'll put HID lights in the foglight location and have better lighting then stock if need be.
no one will care about the radiator suport, i might do somthing with mine this year as well. as for speed glass, i never heard of it. is it "glass" or plastic, lexan type stuff? if its light weight glass, dont say anything and your good, even if you told them, im sure no one would care, and for head lights as long as the fogs work your good.
my headlights work, but night races i only run with parking and fog on. i like the way it looks.

if you come up there and mingle nice with all the boys no one will care whaty you do, we are all very friendly up there, theres a couple guys that played the **** bag card and no one likes them but everyone else is real good guys.
theres one guy i know of that i dis like, and i have never bumped into him in any rounds, i just see him ******* around with everyone, he goes super slow, ***** with the burn out, ***** with the lights etc etc, he is just an *** and i love seeing the good guys hand him his ***.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Race your car!

Speedglass is the LW lexan windows. I could always just play the "I cut the cowl off and the windshield cracked, so I put a new one in and it cracked first pass" like the car's virbation or flexing cracked it, that might get me by I guess.

Sounds like I can get away with just the fog lights, that makes that a little easier. Headlight covers are gonna get mounted with some tabs so it "looks" like they're there, but they're not gonna be.

I'm in the hunt for a 3000 lb raceweight, the 100 lbs I'll save with the plastic windshield and back window are a damn good start.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Speedglass is the LW lexan windows. I could always just play the "I cut the cowl off and the windshield cracked, so I put a new one in and it cracked first pass" like the car's virbation or flexing cracked it, that might get me by I guess.

Sounds like I can get away with just the fog lights, that makes that a little easier. Headlight covers are gonna get mounted with some tabs so it "looks" like they're there, but they're not gonna be.

I'm in the hunt for a 3000 lb raceweight, the 100 lbs I'll save with the plastic windshield and back window are a damn good start.
they might bitch about the windows. ive seen that and you can see its lexan and some may bitch about it. esp if you had front and rear
Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Race your car!

I hear ya. It's one of those things I need to call on. Bottom line, I dunno why they would care, with all the rules as open as they are what differnece does that make? If anything it's safer.

With no weight min, tire size praticially wide open and no engine/power adder rules, I don't know what difference the lexan windows would make for a class like that.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its only open rules class until you try to f*ck with them and then they change the rules. Lets see what gets allowed in next year. lol.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Race your car!

Yeah I hear ya. I want to do the glass, but if the NED class is gonna give me big ***** about it I may not do it.

God damn easy way to pop almost 100 lbs off, and after seeing Rick's car with it I thought it looked pretty good, alot of times it doesn't look that great, but his came out good, so I know it can look nice.

Have to see though, I still think I can get a good 150 lbs out without spending a TON of $, it's gonna me more time then anything and I have all winter.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
8 second mod

the racers wont bitch about it the tech guys and guys who run the event. its a "street" class, the aperiance is a big deal to them esp at big events. i know you dont see street cars rolling with wheelie bars and chutes often, but those are safty things one which is required by NHRA/IHRA rules for us (9.00 or faster guys)

so thats the issue, they want stock style. if it looks perfect like glass and you cant tell, then you would be ok, but ive never seen a lexan window that looked so good it could fool me for glass
Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rules are VERY easy up there alittle to easy i think....louie has a seat cover zip tied to his rollbar and that is considered a second seat...wtf...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by thechef
the rules are VERY easy up there alittle to easy i think....louie has a seat cover zip tied to his rollbar and that is considered a second seat...wtf...
they are very easy as long as it looks "street" some people have no seat.
its mainly for fun. its pretty lax
Old 10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sprayed 99
congrats to jl on the win and to rick, barry and kyle for great runs.
i never got to run the car with the new clutch and it slipped like a bitch first pass out. and then i just couldn't get it to hook after that. on the 10.6 pass hit the rev limiter about 100 ft before the line
Thanks Larry! Should have the larger shot in the car in a few weeks
Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Race your car!

I'm gonna get the cutoff wheel going on the passenger's seat this winter, there won't be much left of that when I'm done LOL, but it will still be a functional bottle mount

The speedglass may be out, the upper radiator support is gonna go though, if they give me any poo about that I'm gonna tell them I needed a better then stock radiator to keep the car cool and it wouldnt' fit in the stock one so I had to remake it, hopefully that will fly.

The headlight covers will get mounted on the car too, not there's not gonna be anything underneath them. I'll make sure I leave the running lights wired up and the fog lights will come on with the headlight switch, hopefully that will be good enough.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
8 second mod

jl, the above should be no problem. like i said, i think im going to do a new radiator myself, and a motor plate this year or atleast solid mounts. the stock mounts i think must be at there limit. lol,
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Race your car!

I already did the motor plate. You want to talk about EASY header install/removal LOL.

Getting to the front 2 plugs on the passenger's side sucks now, but I'm gonna drill a god damn hole thru the fenderwell LOL, just have to figure out where.

(my vent can and hose are in the way too, making it more of a pita then it needs to be, but that hose may get re-routed to solve the issue.)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 PM
8 second mod

motor plate or solid mounts, bigger better tea 6 bolt heads, bigger cam, vacum pump and a th-400, thats the goal for spring
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by NJ 2002 Z28
I edited the title with your name on it.
Sorry she stopped that specific video because she got a bad glare from the sun that caught her eyes viewing through the camera
She was still trying to figure out where I needed to stand so that I could block the sun from the camera.
I thought right click would allow people to save the videos to disk but I guess I was wrong if anybody needs a copy of a specific video just p.m. me your email address and she will send them..
The video quality on photobucket isn't as good as the actual video quality either..
Thats OK, but thanks.
If you had the whole video, then I would have liked it.

Thanks for shooting them none-the-less.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by REDGAR
He is the only guy I know that wants video of him being crushed
First of all, at least I made the race!
You went home, scared of all the big bad f-bodies.

In addition.
I don't have much video of my car racing at all.
(it is tought to video when you are racing)

So, I appreciate any video.

Also, just qualifying for the Quick Time 8 is an accomplishment for me.
First because it is a fast field. FYI - I Qualified #7.
Second & Mostly because you always tell me that I won't make the cut!

Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all, at least I made the race!
You went home, scared of all the big bad f-bodies.

In addition.
I don't have much video of my car racing at all.
(it is tought to video when you are racing)

So, I appreciate any video.

Also, just qualifying for the Quick Time 8 is an accomplishment for me.
First because it is a fast field. FYI - I Qualified #7.
Second & Mostly because you always tell me that I won't make the cut!

That's right Steve. You made the race. Doesn't matter how right? By the way, Barry has some video of you from Saturday. There's one I think you'll REALLY like.