Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 PM
10 second playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I had a great time today, and I only wish I had made it to a couple of these events earlier in the season.

Thanks everyone, and thank you Barry for having a place for us to do some heads up all out racing, I think this class really has some potential to grow!
Hey JL, it was nice to finally meet you in person.
Thanks for coming down and supporting the class.
Congrats on the Win!

It was good to see the Chef again too.
I had not seen him since the LSX Shootout in Memphis 2007.

I knew when you took me out in the first round, that you were going to win the event.
I mean come on, I was the only real competition for you.
Everyone else-
Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I wanted to make sure I didn't do something stupid that run like redlight or something, and boy was I late LOL.

Other reactions times for the day were a .044, .101, and a .065 though I might not be able to 60 foot in the 1.3x range consistantly, but if I can keep the reaction timed under 100, I can make up for a little of it
Old 10-19-2008, 02:38 AM
11 Second Club

Barry,

Its been a while since I have been on here,Just wanted to say
Nice Event yesterday your car was moving pretty good to Good to see alot of familar faces.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:05 AM
9 Second Club

Sorry I had to bail on you guys. Had a a family engagement and had to be out of there by 2 the latest and looked like we had another qualifier to go before first round.

I broke the tires loose on both passes too.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Race your car!

Redgar you're not the only one that was breaking the tires loose, everyone was by the end of the day.

I got my car into the 1.37 60 foot range last time out at LVD, where teh prep is supposed to be "garbage", well guess what I ran a 1.39 the first pass, and every run after that was 1.42 at best. Car was spinnign everywhere, and there wasn't anything i could change to fix that, the groove, was non-existant.

But, 7 gallons per impala/caprice worth of fluid on the track will do that

Not etown's fault, QTP's fault, just happend to have a race running on a day when alot of junkers showed up. It happens, welcome to racing LOL.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I tell ya the track was the worst it's been all year. I pretty much ALWAYS hook and the wheelspin cost me in the race with JL.
There was alotta slop going down on the track throughout the afternoon.
JL, I had you on the tree my what? .8x- we would've been side by side the whole way down. Woulda been great.
Track was bad for everyone though-no excuses.
Sure is getting tough for me to compete with all the nitrous cars, I'll say that.
My daughter (5yrs old) says to me when I get home with the itty bitty 1st round trophy "Daddy, why don't you get one of those cheater bottles so you can cheat too?"
Nice example you guys are setting, thanks alot!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Race your car!

LOL that's funny. With what you ran the run before, and the reaction times it would have been in the .0x difference between the 2 cars.

The first round I left late, but knowing what I had to beat (no offense pizza LOL) I just didn't want to make a foolish mistake.

Mark I was a little better on your run, when I ran Rick in the finals I was back on it like the qualifying pass (.044, Barry saw that and was like WTF are you that good on a pro tree?!?)

I wanted to reply to that "you should see what I can do on an arm drop", bu t I don't think I couls have kept a strait face LOL.

As much as you were spinning that run, I was in the same boat all day, my 60 foot's were a solid tenth off where they normally are now. I'd have gotten a .40 maybe a high .30 out of it if I was hooking like the last time I went to LVD.

That car of yous is a beast though, now seeing it action you've got that thing working.

I have to check on a couple rules for the 9.50 index @ NED, if I will be o.k. for that I'm gonna make a couple changes, hooking on a track like saturday's won't be a problem again, and I'll be sub 3000 lbs.

Oh, and the DP will be on, if ya think the cheater bottles are making it ugly now just wait, when I get mine hooked up I Promise I won't have the problems that Charlie's having with his.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 AM
8 Second Club

Congrats to all!!! Wish I could of made it out,uel leak got a fuel leak friday nite.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey - NJ 2002 Z28, that was me in the Silver Camaro.
Thanks for the Video, I thought it was pretty good actually.
You can hear the announcer perfectly!
My run against JL is cut off at the end?
Is that from editing or did she just turn off the camera too soon?
I would like to get a copy of that video somehow?
I edited the title with your name on it.
Sorry she stopped that specific video because she got a bad glare from the sun that caught her eyes viewing through the camera
She was still trying to figure out where I needed to stand so that I could block the sun from the camera.
I thought right click would allow people to save the videos to disk but I guess I was wrong if anybody needs a copy of a specific video just p.m. me your email address and she will send them..
The video quality on photobucket isn't as good as the actual video quality either..
Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM
9 Second Club

come on...tell the truth...she stop cause that the race was over at the 330 even with JL counting to 3 after he saw green to give him a chance LOL.....

He is the only guy I know that wants video of him being crushed
Old 10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds Like a good time for all...Congrats JL
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Hahaha
Old 10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
8 Second Club

Very good racing. not the way i wanted to end my season but o well.... Im 99% shure i hurt the motor when my stand alone fu*ked up.... o well
Old 10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Doug and Amy for the videos. Nice job and thanks again for coming.

And for anyone interested. Barry pulled a 1.30 60' with a 6 speed on his 9.95 pass. That puts him WAY on top of the LSX 6 speed list for 60'ers. Of course this doesn't mean we stop making fun of his shifting.

I watched some videos today of one of Barrys passes and he now holds the record in this event for the most wheelies in one pass which was THREE yes THREE. First the launch. Then the bounce. Then he pulled second gear. Funniest pass I've ever seen. I hope he posts it.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Thanks Doug and Amy for the videos. Nice job and thanks again for coming.

And for anyone interested. Barry pulled a 1.30 60' with a 6 speed on his 9.95 pass. That puts him WAY on top of the LSX 6 speed list for 60'ers. Of course this doesn't mean we stop making fun of his shifting.

I watched some videos today of one of Barrys passes and he now holds the record in this event for the most wheelies in one pass which was THREE yes THREE. First the launch. Then the bounce. Then he pulled second gear. Funniest pass I've ever seen. I hope he posts it.
Barry has WAY too light of a front spring in his car, he needs a stiffer spring for that set up it will help dramatically, and is a simple swap
Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM
8 Second Club

Oh, and the DP will be on, if ya think the cheater bottles are making it ugly now just wait, when I get mine hooked up I Promise I won't have the problems that Charlie's having with his.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Race your car!

Charile please understand, with Eastside helping with the setup, and the # of these that they have done, I'm way ahead of the learning curve.

Which is the reason that I'm only going to use Nos parts, as well as the rest of the parts that they tell me to run because they already did all the R&D on it.

You're trying to figure alot of it out on your own, and I reapect that, the engineer in me loves to figure things out for myself and put theory's to the test, but honestly this is one that I'm gonna bite the bullet on and just do what I know will work.

Had you taken that entire setup to someone that knows what they're doing and has lots of EXP with them you'd already have it up and running no problems. You don't have and electrical problem, I am 100% sure it's a tuneup problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
8 second mod

You don't have and electrical problem, I am 100% sure it's a tuneup problem.
i helped him with his tune up, if he is doing what im telling him to do etc, he doesnt have a tune up issue. im helping via the phone so i cant see or here whats going on, but if he is runnin gmy jetting and fuel pressure etc its not the nitrous tune. motor tune maybe, or somthing else is up.
i think the stand alone might need to be redone with basic parts, no fancy stuff.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:15 AM
8 second mod

ps. congrats on the win JL, thats sweet!!

as for the 9.50 class. what do you want to know?
the rules are pretty basic. all glass, 2 front seats, any power adder, no electronics (2 step/trans brake ok) no sponsor stickers working headlights/tail lights

for what its worth that class is unreal!!!! the final round yesterday was a
9.52 @ 140 to a 9.58 @ 140 My buddy D with the .52 but took the loss on the tree with a .084 to a .020
it was unreal, neck and neck race!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Race your car!

Can you run speedglass, and the working headlight/taillights, can the fog lights count as headlights? I want to just install teh covers and ditch the whole motor assemblies. Also need to know the interior rules, do I have to keep the door panels or can I make a set of sheet metal skins, and just move the switches to the dash for the windows?

What about tire size, is there any rule about what is legal? I want to go a good bit bigger, after saturday I know one thing for sure, I want to run the biggest tire I can get on the car, because when the track is like it was yesterday it will be at my advantage to have it.

What about stock suspension stuff? I am thinking about putting coilovers on my car, I want to make sure that's o.k. too before I go doing it. And no, they won't be mounted in the stock shock location either.

If I can do that stuff and still be o.k. I'm good, that's all I really needed to know.

Oh, what tree do they run, a .500 or a .400? Reason I ask, is that I'm getting pretty good on that .400 tree, cut a .044 and a .060 yesterday when I was really 100% focused on doing it, I think I'm getting pretty good at that. If they're running a .500 tree up there I'm gonna be right at the .00x on that one.

I dunno about the jetting and whatnot, Charile said he was downa cylinder, but there seems to be something else going on with the car, maybe in the motor tune, fueling or something. It's just giving him alot of problems that I haven't seen any of the cars that Ken has done have, makes me wonder if there's some tune thing or something else fruity going on.