Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tbyrne where is he and where's my stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once will be enough for me. im certain ill be fine cause shes a great person but if for some reason it doesnt work, i wont be doin it a 2nd time.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad, tom has been one of the good guys for a while. to bad to see he's down and out.

hope it turns around tom.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

I consider Tom Byrne a fair, honorable businessman and friend, and bought many performance bolt-ons for both my '99 and '02 SS cars from him. He surely is one of the early leaders in making LS1 Fbodys fast runners at the track. His red '99 Z28 M6 car was well known throughout the country for 1/4 mi. performance, being mentioned in more than one national publication. I can only wish him good luck throughout his tough times. The rapidly-failing economy is a cause for many marriages falling apart these days...business is very tight and many are starting to fail....just ask some of our sponsors over on the right, or better yet, take a peek at a Wall St. Journal....more than 26 major businesses are, or will be closing...the latest being: Rite-Aid Pharmacies, Sharper Image, Ethan Allen Furniture Stores, just to name a few...Arctic Cat Snowmobile was another big company listed as in some trouble and making major production cut-backs--especially in their ATV sector....some major car dealerships will be going nipples-up very soon as well. And it's gonna get worse before it gets better...no matter who is elected President.... WJ

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 02-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 AM
8 second mod

wj, i here you. we are feeling it big time esp with residential install etc. it sucks big time, and very very stressfull. you want to talk about not sleeping at night wondering how to make payroll, what jobs are going to flop, who isnt going to pay there bill. it sucks. never been so bad.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Man sorry to hear all this. Did a quick search for Viper performance parts the other day and Tbyrne popped up, but said they were closed for Vacation.

What a bummer. I really like Thunder Racing, Speed Inc, and a few other sponsors. I'll tell you one thing though, Tom has always been extremely quick to ship things, and at the lowest possible dollar!

What a shame to lose such a good guy. I hope he gets through this and comes back in full force.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

That's really too bad about Tbyrne and Tom. Hate to hear this kind of stuff.

I feel the same way Don does about marriage/divorce, and she knows it.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once met a very interesting guy going through a divorce lol he maxed his cc's all out on buying scratch tickets so when they divorced all she got was half the debt. Then a while after the divorce he finally scratched them all and ended up with over 50g's profit. Needless to say his wife got the shaft on that lol his exact words were if the #$%^ is gonna leave me she can get #$%^ed
Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
These days people look at marriages as jobs. As soon as it gets bad, you start looking for a new one. When an attractive offer comes up, you jump at it.
Sometimes, you need to tuck your tail and work at it and realize that it's a lifelong commitment.
I totally agree.
There is no rule that says one ever has to be married in the first place either of course...but once one steps up to the plate and makes that HUGE commitment then that should be it, just make it work somehow.
Divorce should not be such an 'easy out' option and if one looks at it as such than they shouldn't be married at all.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I'm just going to make this post and leave it. I won't be coming back into the thread to discuss anything. Why? There are alot of good people out there and then there are the people that have nothing better to do than to make up stories, speculate and bash others. I've been reading alot of that in the threads about me. People can say what I want, I know who I am.

Contrary to what some think, I'm not sitting on a tropical island sipping fruity drinks with umbrellas. It's actually far from that. TBYRNE Motorsports was open for 11 years so it was a tough decision to pack it up. Why did that happen? It was a combination of alot of personal issues and the economy. I've found that I've sometimes talked about my personal life to much online so I'm not going to get into many more details about that. Yes, there were discussions about an upcoming divorce. You never know what life will toss at you. The last few months have shown me what's really important. That is my family. I could have no physical possessions but as long as I have my family, then I have everything! I was working way, way to much and setting the wrong priorities. Sometimes it's better to see that late than never.

The economy really didn't help either. Business slowed down alot over the last year and then there are always new vendors popping up. Many customers talk about good service but I've found that most go for the lowest price. There were times when I'd spend 45 minutes on the phone with someone and then have them purchase from somewhere else because their price was lower. Our price match policy helped and we deeply discounted some products at times to capture the sale. But you can only do some much without losing money. I hoped the economy would turn around but that didn't happen so I just had to make the decision to draw the line. I've read that I was out to screw customers. Take their money with no intention of delivering the product. That's not even close to being true! There were customers that received a refund if we knew the order wasn't going to be filled. Some weren't even charged if it was questionable. I've found that in the end, there were some orders that weren't filled. That wasn't intentional. The only thing that I can do is apologize. The credit card company can help with that so nobody is out any money. Didn't want any customers to lose out! There will be some that will say that their orders were delayed. We did our best to make things happen as quickly as possible. All companies have backordered products sometimes. In the end vendors have to rely on the manufacturers to provide accurate dates to provide us with product.

From here, there isn't much more that I can say. I probably should have posted just after we closed but I know how the net is. I figured there would be stories floating around. Those are going to happen no matter what. Of course there have been a bunch of them. I liked being in the performance industry and who knows what will happen in the future. There are alot of things that I would do different. And as they say, live and learn.

Take care.
Tom

PS - I'm not going to be posting this all over the net. I'm sure some will help it find it's way to other car forums. That is fine.
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232608