Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tbyrne where is he and where's my stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tbyrne where is he and where's my stuff?

I ordered a supercharger even got an invoice #547 on 2/7/08
Can't get ahold of anyone lots of speculations on the forums.
Since I know some of you lived close by can anyone go see whats up?
I need to call the credit card company and see if I got charged.
But I really want the product, nobody can match his pricing.

Bob
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think u will see a CC charge
A few guys ordered but were not charged for services..

I've known Ton since 96,he was always a nice guy
I think he might be back,he just has some issues now with the divorce.

Last edited by JS; 02-27-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom has personal stuff going on.From what I hear he is pretty much shut down for now.I could be wrong though.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His last post on LS1GTO.com was 2/11, but they think he's history.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215130

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222553
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I always think it sucks to hear about someone getting a divorce, especially when kids are involved.

I hope he and his wife get their issues worked out and can provide their kids a decent future.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got to check and see if I was charged. I don't think I was I don't think anyone was.

It seems really weird he would do this.
If she gets a good lawyer regardless of what he does she is getting more than he wants to give her. Thats how things go now-a-days.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

These days people look at marriages as jobs. As soon as it gets bad, you start looking for a new one. When an attractive offer comes up, you jump at it.

Sometimes, you need to tuck your tail and work at it and realize that it's a lifelong commitment.

But I digress. Again, I hope the best for his kids, cause they are the ones that will be dealing with this for the rest of their lives.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Truthfully,I would shut my bussiness down too if the wife dumps me and goes for all my $$. Screw them.Has nothing to do with the kids.I've seen it happen many times.Guy supports them and works his life away,builds a nice house and plenty of luxery items.Then the wife dumps them and takes everything.I'd make sure everything is lost and make her live in a card board box.

Not saying this is Toms deal at all.I really have no idea whats going on.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Truthfully,I would shut my bussiness down too if the wife dumps me and goes for all my $$. Screw them.Has nothing to do with the kids.I've seen it happen many times.Guy supports them and works his life away,builds a nice house and plenty of luxery items.Then the wife dumps them and takes everything.I'd make sure everything is lost and make her live in a card board box.

Not saying this is Toms deal at all.I really have no idea whats going on.
You can do that but they look at past years of income. You get screwed in the end. I wish I was a judge cause I'd make sure it was fair. And gold diggers would be thinking hard about doing it again.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

My girlfriend lives down the road from the shop, but i guess it doesnt matter now. when i drove by like 2 weeks ago the place looked dead.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 96Z28SS
You can do that but they look at past years of income. You get screwed in the end. I wish I was a judge cause I'd make sure it was fair. And gold diggers would be thinking hard about doing it again.
Doesn't matter.I'll have nothing,she'll have nothingMilk me for all the $$ and I'd rather be put in jail instead of working my life away for an ex.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 AM
11 Second Club

Cheaper to keep her.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Doesn't matter.I'll have nothing,she'll have nothingMilk me for all the $$ and I'd rather be put in jail instead of working my life away for an ex.

You got it right there Don, I told my girl that they would put me in the ground before she ever got any of my stuff. She hasnt talked much about getting married since then...
Old 02-27-2008, 07:13 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I still say that in the end it's the kids that suffer the most. For the adults, it's just things, but for kids it's emotional scars. I still say that if you don't think it will last forever, don't get married, and certainly don't have kids.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say monitor the CC and if it's charged and you then charge back or stop it.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope Tom gets everything settled amicably. No matter what even if he escapes with all the money, and no one on either side gets screwed, both sides lose. My dad's last ex divorced him because he didn't make enough money fore her taste and this was a church deacon . All I can say is divorce sux but a bad marriage is even worse. After living through 3 of my fathers, I can say the kids suffer the most, as they are used as pawns against the other side or lose the stability in their lives when they need it most. Money or material possessions cannot replace a parent-child relationship and controlling that to stick it to the other side is commonplace. Safe to say I'm a confirmed bachelor for life... just gimme my booze and toys . Y'all don't wanna end up like me
Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Tom has been great to me over the years. Hate to see him going threw rough times that for sure.

Hang in there 96z, hopefully you will get the supercharger, or not billed.

He has always treated me well and supported Easternfbody.com races as well..

good luck tom
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I still say that in the end it's the kids that suffer the most. For the adults, it's just things, but for kids it's emotional scars. I still say that if you don't think it will last forever, don't get married, and certainly don't have kids.

I think it's pretty easy to say what you are saying and doing it is another matter. When I was married, I thought things would be great forever. But, things change or you see a different side of person after a few years. Some people bring a ton of baggage into the marriage and it will show it's face after awhile.

Divorce is wicked stressful and changes your life in so many ways. I wish this guy the best!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
I think it's pretty easy to say what you are saying and doing it is another matter. When I was married, I thought things would be great forever. But, things change or you see a different side of person after a few years. Some people bring a ton of baggage into the marriage and it will show it's face after awhile.

Divorce is wicked stressful and changes your life in so many ways. I wish this guy the best!
I certainly agree with you, but some people rush into a marriage way too quickly and aren't really honest with themselves or their future spouse. If you don't want her 'taking all your money' than make sure that she is able to support herself and won't need your money if that's what really matters to you.

Plus I think people rush way too quickly into having kids as well. If you haven't seen all the sides to a person, you shouldn't be getting married yet or having kids.

I'm sorry... I don't buy the 'they changed' or I saw a different side of the person argument.

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I have gone through tough times, but every relationship does, but it's how you deal with it that will determine if you walk away afterwards closer or further from each other.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I certainly agree with you, but some people rush into a marriage way too quickly and aren't really honest with themselves or their future spouse. If you don't want her 'taking all your money' than make sure that she is able to support herself and won't need your money if that's what really matters to you.

Plus I think people rush way too quickly into having kids as well. If you haven't seen all the sides to a person, you shouldn't be getting married yet or having kids.

I'm sorry... I don't buy the 'they changed' or I saw a different side of the person argument.

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I have gone through tough times, but every relationship does, but it's how you deal with it that will determine if you walk away afterwards closer or further from each other.
True, people rush into this stuff too fast.

I sat in marriage counseling for 2 1/2 years trying to work things out but it was a bust.

Fortunately for us, we had our college degrees and well established careers so money/security really wasn't an issue.

I'd like to be married again for a lot of reasons. But for now, I've decided to take a few years for myself. I've seen numerous people get involved in rebound relationships and 90% of the time they don't work out. By giving myself this time, I can really figure out what I want in a relationship because I do not want to go through another divorce.