Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The world is goin to shit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The world is goin to ****

This is just ****** nuts, on sunday night someone snuck into my moms driveway and stole my fiberglass vfn 4" cowl hood, i was pretty upset and confused on why someone would do this. filed a police report and they would make extra passes by my moms house to make sure everything is all right. well last night they hit again, took my weiland BBC intake w/ plumbed fogger kit, demon carb, and fuel reg/pump. they were even kind enough to leave it all open for the motor to get filled with water when it rained last night/this morning and my motor is now full of water. what the **** is wrong with people these days, cant even have something nice with out some one bein a punk *** hater that tries to ****** ruin it. this is just a lil rant cause i really need to ****** vent cause i am utterly disgusted.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

sounds like some semi one-off stuff they stole. keep your eyes open for anything like that up for sale, or on anybody's cars at the track.

sucks though sorry to hear.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

That definatly sucks.Make sure you watch out so they dont come back a third time for something else.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy just called me and told me it feels like the motor is seized
Old 03-28-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

whatta drag...
Old 03-28-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Dude I feel your pain.

My crew gets there **** jacked all the time from there driveway. One of the reasons I rented a garage.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

its just crazy, the car is in the way back of the driveway dead smack in the middle of 2 motion sensing lights, my mom has 2 dogs, and the house isnt more then 2 blocks from the police station. and no one heard or seen anything either time. WTF
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Launching!

That sucks man, but at least they didn't steal your car. My car was stolen from inside my Moms garage in the middle of the afternoon while my grandmother was home. No one seen or heard anything, And it was never found.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you need to get a motion camera set up or just have a camera video tape starting say 12pm each nite plugged in to not shut off and leave some rims sitting outside with shiney side facing out so someone can see. Near the motion lights cause they are obviously not scared of them. Thus having some video tape cause they are not afraid of anything at this point.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Dude that **** ******* sucks!! Time for a video camera and a 12 gauge. You know they're gonna be back. If there is anything else worth taking on your car then I bet they will. I would also suggest having the police start searching pawn shops and local speed shops. You never know. I syour mom still in Ansonia?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That happened here in CT? Shoot me some pictures of the stuff, that way if I hear/see any of it or sale I'll let ya know.

That kind of **** burns me bad, it's exactly the reason I keep my car in my garage, and there's no windows on the garage and serious lock on the garage door that's not easily gotten into without the key, simply for this reason. Where I live isn't the best area that is for sure, but I thankfully do have a couple nosy neibhors that wombat out the windows all day, the old guy across the street always tells me when someone is there during the day if I'm not home.

I saw footprints in the snow one day this year when I came home, they went to the front door, then around to the garage, tried that door, then to the back door, then they waled back down the street. Sure enough, I see the old guy that afternoon, and he tells me he saw some black kid walking down my drivevway around 3:30 in the afternoon that day, and it wasn't the kid that lives on our street, he was taller/older. Thankfully everything was locked up, I can only imagine what would have been missing.

Do like suggested above, put a camera on the car that records from I'd say 9pm on, and put some rims outside.. get them on camera. don't follow the shotgun suggestion, just get them on tape. I'd suggest sitting in a car outside with the lights off down the street where you can see what's going on. When they show up and start taking the stuff, follow them to wherever they go, call the cops when you get to wherever they end up, make sure that someone checks the video and that you can clearly see them, and the clothing/appearance so when the cops get to wherever you follwoed them to they'll still be in the same clothing they are on the tape, it will help in court. Then you'll most likly find the rest of your stuff right there as well.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 AM
12 Second Club

that sucks man...was that in ansonia? its messed up when you cant even keep anything safe on your own property, I had my suzuki z400 stolen out of my fenced in back yard and I'm on the hill top...f*@king scum bags!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes was in ansonia. i will see what pictures i have i can dig up. i told my mom to leave the pitbull outside from now on maybe he can take a bite out of crime. ill take my stock 17" ws6 wheels and stack them by the motion lights and sit across the street. see if anything goes down.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 AM
12 Second Club

It sounds like someone knew exactly what you had and planned it, check the shadiest pawn shop of them all, ansonia super pawn, although whoever took it may hold on to it for their own use...I'll keep an eye open
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that stuff they took seems very particular so I would bet they are keeping it for them selves or for a friend. I don't advocate violence but I will say if you are going to be there in person waiting and not using a camera you should be armed. There are way to many scumbags running around with guns. Like I said I am not saying to go out shooting anyone but you should be able to protect yourself in a worse case scenario. Dont have a handgun unless you are permited to cary one that will make things worse when/if the cops have to show up.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The world has been a shithole for a long long time, it isn't a new problem.

I agree 100% about the video camera for the evenings. This is being discussed on another site I visit at the moment, and there are apparently some decent cameras for small money.

Sorry it happened to you, man. We all know real justice will never be done, but I hope the perps meet a grisly end on the other side of the karma fence.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

I would bet that its someone you know. Going by what was taken, and I would also agree that they are going to keep it for themselves. good luck catching them.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont really associate with many people, so i dont know who it would be. i only keep my close friends i trust around, and not many people have seen the car. so im kinda at a loss.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don;t know if anyone mentioned it but craigslist too.

My buddy had a bike stolen and 7 months later we found it on craigs list. Went and took it back, but it was beat to crap at that point, half the bike was primer. Was banged up. It almost wasn't worth it. But it's different for every case
Old 03-30-2008, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think i would sit on the roof with my m4 ND JUST WAIT FOR THE PUNK TO COME BACK.