Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Chester County Inspection Stations - ASAP Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unhappy Chester County Inspection Stations - ASAP Please!

Anyone have recommendations on stations who are fairly inexpensive and help ya out? Preferably from Kennett Square area up to West Chester area. I just realized my inspection lapsed yesterday. I need to get it done tomorrow. Car was exempt due to low miles, but now with the gear change, I got screwed. I hope it'll still pass now that it needs a sniffer test! Any help is MUCH appreciated!
Old 05-01-2008 | 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone? Most shops I am calling who deal with F-bodies can only do OBD II +....
Old 05-01-2008 | 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Is your car emissions legal?
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

If your car is emissions legal, you can take it to most inspection stations, because most still have dynos. My shop still does, but I can not pull any strings in "helping" if you fail. You are looking sub $80 after taxes and all.
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know if it's legal. I would assume it is 'cause I don't see the previous owner(s) removing the cat. As stated, it hasn't been through emissions due to the Exempt status... I think there's a cat on there, but for all I know it could just be a resonator. I purchased the car 1 year ago in June, already inspected/exempt.

Comp: Where's your shop? I'll still pricing everyone out.

EDIT: Okay, he said it's got high flow cats, 2 new o2 sensors, new EGR.. I should be good.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

If you have catalytic converters, and they are good, you should be kosher.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yah I am.. can I trust your station for taking care of my car Comp? I need to get it done tomorrow and don't want to take it to a random shop that is going to mess with my car. I worked for enough dealerships in MontCo and know how some of the techs treat the cars.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2008 | 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
Yah I am.. can I trust your station for taking care of my car Comp? I need to get it done tomorrow and don't want to take it to a random shop that is going to mess with my car. I worked for enough dealerships in MontCo and know how some of the techs treat the cars.

Thanks.
That is why I never leave my car to get anything done to it. I do as much as I can myself but never take my eye off it when someone else is inspecting it.
Old 05-03-2008 | 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Theres a bunch in Kennett...just take it to one..
Old 05-03-2008 | 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the only bad thing about PA and only thing I don't miss from there. I didnt have the LS1 when I lived there...only the V6. Down here we don't have to get the cars inspected in the county you live in and there are still counties that don't require emissions. Also you dont' make appointments like we did up there...you just sit in a line! Usually takes them only 10 minutes to do an inspection.

It's easier to get around the emissions part here in VA. I wish I could help you out with someone but I dont know any garage in Chester County that could help out and I lived in Chester County most of my life. If I think of anyone I'll let ya know.
Old 05-03-2008 | 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

You could definetly trust my shop, but seems like I am a few hours too late. Plus, we are dead booked until Tuesday most likely, a lot of stuff got pushed back until tomorrow which means stuff will be pushed back unil Monday as well. Just take it to any station and just wait for them to do the testing. Granted, they have to road test the vehicle for state inspection, so no matter how calm they leave the lot, it is up to the technician to hold maturity. Just try and get an older guy to do it.
Old 05-05-2008 | 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I went to a shop in MontCo that does inspections on some nice muscle cars. Problem was, I arrived 2 hours after the dyno closed. Oh well. I have to get it done this week at some point. It's so hard to do though working 9-5... and I'm leaving to FL for 10 days on Saturday. Will cruise around after work and see what I can find.
Old 05-05-2008 | 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

thank god VA doesnt need the sniffer test.....