Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads...Another New One..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, too much work. Take a breather! Sounds like you are enjoying the truck. Hopefully I will have the T/A soon.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I've only taken 3 days off since Memorial day... We've been working 7 days a week since...

Wish you the best on the car... Should be nice
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, been talking with my neighbor/owner all day while he and a few corvette guys were working on installing a spoiler. Car sounds great, just haven't been able to drive it yet. It's a great deal, so most likely I will get it real soon. Other than that she will remain stock foe a while. Headers and a tune will be the most I can afford to do.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

We didn't see too many LS1's up at Jenro's...but we did see a **** ton of mustangs.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't get there till like 6ish...
Old 08-31-2008, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to head to the track...........................
Old 08-31-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I test drove the T/A today. It handles pretty good and was a bit quicker than I expected. Looks like tomorrow she will be mine.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good job man....

You wont regret it!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope not, we are discussing the business end tomorrow. I will be in the market for heads and a tune real soon, any suggestions?

I also need a carfax if anyone can do it.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I hope not, we are discussing the business end tomorrow. I will be in the market for heads and a tune real soon, any suggestions?

I also need a carfax if anyone can do it.
For heads? Or headers?

Just asking because I thought you said it was stock and wondering why you would want heads with nothing else done to it....

If youre thinking about headers, I would reccommend Pacesetters. They are a great value and give you a really good gain. I had them on my Z28 and SS and loved them. Shawn@Va Speed can hook you up with a really good price on everything including the tune.... Pm him and see.

For a carfax report.... There is usually someone on vadriven.com that bought the Carfax subscription for a month and is willing to give out free carfaxs. Its usually in the general discussion area.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

x2 on pacesetters. I have them and love the sound.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a blast yesterday.............

What an awsome time and we learned alot....

Were on Track now Shawn..............
Old 09-01-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Had a blast yesterday.............

What an awsome time and we learned alot....

Were on Track now Shawn..............
What kinda times did Shawn run?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
For heads? Or headers?

I did mean headers, I was in a rush to type so I could do something for the misses!

I made a post last night over on VAdriven as well as gmfullsize. How much of a pain in the *** are the spark plugs going to be to change out? I want to go ahead and change them and do an oil change.

I will get ahold of Shawn. Is that who most people in the HR area use for tunes? Any one use Justin at BlackBear Performance yet? I almost had him do the Tahoe but after deciding on the T/A the Tahoe is back on the back burner. What should I do with those gears? 3.23's IIRC is what the RPO code stated.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did mean headers, I was in a rush to type so I could do something for the misses!

I made a post last night over on VAdriven as well as gmfullsize. How much of a pain in the *** are the spark plugs going to be to change out? I want to go ahead and change them and do an oil change.

I will get ahold of Shawn. Is that who most people in the HR area use for tunes? Any one use Justin at BlackBear Performance yet? I almost had him do the Tahoe but after deciding on the T/A the Tahoe is back on the back burner. What should I do with those gears? 3.23's IIRC is what the RPO code stated.
The spark plugs arent too much of a pain. Your hardest part will be the passenger side rear. But if you have skinny arms, you should be fine. They are so much easier once longtubes are put on though.

Brian is an awesome tuner and has done most of our cars in the area.... Hes badass!! When it comes to LSx, I wouldnt trust anyone else.... If he knew how to do my Cobra, he would be the one to tune it. He's tuned all of my other cars as well.

3.23 gears are actually pretty nice with the LS1. I had them on with my A4 Z28 and my mpg was pretty decent with them. If you wanted to, you could throw some 3.73s in and that would help you down low alot.

Last edited by NVR KNO; 09-01-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would at least like to install headers and a tune if nothing else. I will look into the PS LT's.

Brian works for VAS?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would at least like to install headers and a tune if nothing else. I will look into the PS LT's.

Brian works for VAS?
Yea.... Hes their tuner.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool thanks. I talked to the owner of the T/A and he is willing to do $5500. Car has right at 80k miles. Comes with ZR1's and original wheels with tires. Car cover, new head unit, 10 inch sub and amp, leather interior was really nice. Door handle plastic piece is loose however. Windows roll up slow, is that normal? When I say slow, they are slower than both my other vehicles. It has the SLP lid, hooker muffler, with some sort of split tips. A4 with 3.23's. That is all I can really think of for now.

Anything you can suggest, recommend etc. for a first time LS1 owner. I have done quite a bit of research over the last 1.5 years. But I always like to get information from those who have real experience.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool thanks. I talked to the owner of the T/A and he is willing to do $5500. Car has right at 80k miles. Comes with ZR1's and original wheels with tires. Car cover, new head unit, 10 inch sub and amp, leather interior was really nice. Door handle plastic piece is loose however. Windows roll up slow, is that normal? When I say slow, they are slower than both my other vehicles. It has the SLP lid, hooker muffler, with some sort of split tips. A4 with 3.23's. That is all I can really think of for now.

Anything you can suggest, recommend etc. for a first time LS1 owner. I have done quite a bit of research over the last 1.5 years. But I always like to get information from those who have real experience.
$5500 is not a bad price at all for only 80k miles.... Especially with the extra set of rims and tires. Interior pieces can be found for cheap.... GM never had the highest quality interiors for the fbodies anyways. Window motors are gonna go out on you.... Thats a given. Pretty much anyone who has a fbody has had to change atleast one window motor, unless the previous owner did already. They are cheap at Napa or Advance and only around take 1 1/2 hrs to do.... Kyle and I did mine and with us bullshiting, like we always do, only took 1 1/2 hrs or so.

One thing to remember is the vehicle is 10years old.... Not everything on it is gonna be "perfect". And for $5500, those few minor things wrong with it, it seems like an awesome deal. The door piece can prolly be bought for around $60 from the Chevy dealer and the window motor is around $40 also at pretty much any auto parts store.

As long as the car is mechanically sound.... Then you should be good to go. Enjoy!!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

As far as changing the spark plugs, I had alot easyer time changing them when I unbolted the coil pack brackets and moved them to the side. Lots more room to work with.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads...Another New One..