Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

UFC saturday, anyone watch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
in addition to rampage and evans who recently has beat liddell?
keith jardine beat him..jardine also beat forrest griffin last year but got knocked out by wanderlei
Originally Posted by Tracer X
Liddel's beaten at least one black guy. I forget his name though. But his career isn't looking too good from where I'm standing. I never liked Liddel. I always thought of him as an overhyped Tank Abbott. I'm glad these guys have found a way to finally beat him!
he beat kevin randleman back in the day
Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Ive said this in the TX members forum.

Chuck is older, out of his prime and the new breed of MMA fighters have analyzed his style and he can be beat.

In the las 2 or so years he has all but basically one victory in his last 4 fights, against Silva and that went to decision.

Silva himself on a recent slump kicked the ever living **** out of jackson, gave him one of the worst broken noses ever televised BUT jackson beat chuck, I mean sometimes its so close A lucky punch on the button can make all the diff
people always seem to forget that rampage has beaten him twice and the first time he just took chuck down and beat the crap out of him on the ground..after that loss that is when lidell got on a winning streak only to get beat by rampage again
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADFNZ-383
please tell me your kidding??
Nope! You will see Oct 4th when he lays out Shamrock
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kimbo is a funny ****, he is a great street fighter, but not much skills in the ring. getting better tho. i think i could take him. lol
Old 09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
keith jardine beat him..jardine also beat forrest griffin last year but got knocked out by wanderlei

he beat kevin randleman back in the day

people always seem to forget that rampage has beaten him twice and the first time he just took chuck down and beat the crap out of him on the ground..after that loss that is when lidell got on a winning streak only to get beat by rampage again
Yea, beleive me I dont forget, been watching this stuff back in 94, certain fighters have their Nemesis. I saw a funny vid of Jackson imitating Chuck, it was spot on.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
great, hes fighting another washed up fighter.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

great, hes fighting another washed up fighter.
That is the damn truth. Ken wont be beaten by another fighter, he will beat himself, by slipping and falling.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
That is the damn truth. Ken wont be beaten by another fighter, he will beat himself, by slipping and falling.
IF EXC was serious about testing kimbo they'll steal some fighters from the UFC but thatll never happen. the guy that beat shamrock in his last fight should be fighting kimbo but he'll probably win and they cant have that LOL.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hijack... did you notice Evan Tanner passed:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by massls1guy
Yeah my wife told me this morning.

Not a fan of Chuck but I was shocked to see mediocre Rashad KO him.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by massls1guy
Yeah I saw that today too. My sympathies go out to him and his family.

If I never saw liddle fight again, I wouldn't miss him. But on a good note, he did kickass in Entourage!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Internet Mechanic

Yea I was on Wikipedia and I check the recently deceased, most times I catch it on Sherdog.com but I got it there. I liked him as a fighter.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

chuck should just hang em up for sure. So should Ken. and, i gotta say Tito too. Frankly, I don't have any desire to see any of them fight anymore. There are younger, stronger, faster, smarter and just plain better fighters out there now.

BUT, HOLY ****. Did you hear about Randy fighting Brock in November? That is a fight I will pay to see, no question. wow
Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
chuck should just hang em up for sure. So should Ken. and, i gotta say Tito too. Frankly, I don't have any desire to see any of them fight anymore. There are younger, stronger, faster, smarter and just plain better fighters out there now.

BUT, HOLY ****. Did you hear about Randy fighting Brock in November? That is a fight I will pay to see, no question. wow
I totally agree with you Dan! All those guys are pretty much done. Especially Shamrock, and Tito. Liddel has the best chance of coming back out of the 3, but it's pretty slim that he'll be able to fight his way back to the top.

I heard about Brock vs Couture!! Brock is a ******* monster. But Randy has forgotten more fighting techniques and tricks in the octagon than Brock has yet to learn. Don't get me wrong Brock, is a very accomplished wrestler! But Randy has the skill to catch him with some **** he hasn't encountered before.

I can't decide who to take for my next bet!! I think both guys have a great chance of winning.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Internet Mechanic

Fedor FTMFW!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IF EXC was serious about testing kimbo they'll steal some fighters from the UFC but thatll never happen. the guy that beat shamrock in his last fight should be fighting kimbo but he'll probably win and they cant have that LOL.
But you have to admit Kimbo is a force to be reckoned with. A little bit of skill and he's unstoppable.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Seeing Chuck get knocked out like that was the highlight of my many years of watching UFC pay-per-views. He got beat exactly the same way he has beaten almost every fighter on his record and I couldn't have asked for a better ending to any fight.

The other fights were surprisingly entertaining for the most part. A couple slow points but I was entertained throughout most of it and didn't expect that to be the case based on the cards.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

But you have to admit Kimbo is a force to be reckoned with. A little bit of skill and he's unstoppable.
That's one of the funniest jokes I've heard in a long time.

You were joking, right?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tracer X
I heard about Brock vs Couture!! Brock is a ******* monster. But Randy has forgotten more fighting techniques and tricks in the octagon than Brock has yet to learn. Don't get me wrong Brock, is a very accomplished wrestler! But Randy has the skill to catch him with some **** he hasn't encountered before.

I can't decide who to take for my next bet!! I think both guys have a great chance of winning.
I can't wait to see that fight.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
9 Second Club

Shamrock is a washed up fighter who got destroyed twice by a mid level 205lb guy (Ortiz) who is to old to find his own teeth never mind kimbo's face. He should have stayed in retirement when atleast he still had some respect.

Kimbo is a big heavy weight who would get destroyed by any of the top MMA heavyweights in the world... why do you think they keep feeding him washed up bums. His promoters are throwing third rate fighters at him while hyping him up so they can make as much $$$ off him as they can before someone with a little talent kills him and sends him back to making shitty youtube fight videos.

Ummmm.... No. Who has he fought that would make you think he's even in the top 20 MMA heavy weights?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Shamrock is a washed up fighter who got destroyed twice by a mid level 205lb guy (Ortiz) who is to old to find his own teeth never mind kimbo's face. He should have stayed in retirement when atleast he still had some respect.

Kimbo is a big heavy weight who would get destroyed by any of the top MMA heavyweights in the world... why do you think they keep feeding him washed up bums. His promoters are throwing third rate fighters at him while hyping him up so they can make as much $$$ off him as they can before someone with a little talent kills him and sends him back to making shitty youtube fight videos.

Ummmm.... No. Who has he fought that would make you think he's even in the top 20 MMA heavy weights?
those you tube fights are not shitty, shut up

Quick Reply: UFC saturday, anyone watch?