TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, make me proud and tell me where this quote is from:

"as el guapo always says, god speed and party on!"
Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Shamrock is a washed up fighter who got destroyed twice by a mid level 205lb guy (Ortiz) who is to old to find his own teeth never mind kimbo's face. He should have stayed in retirement when atleast he still had some respect.

Kimbo is a big heavy weight who would get destroyed by any of the top MMA heavyweights in the world... why do you think they keep feeding him washed up bums. His promoters are throwing third rate fighters at him while hyping him up so they can make as much $$$ off him as they can before someone with a little talent kills him and sends him back to making shitty youtube fight videos.

Ummmm.... No. Who has he fought that would make you think he's even in the top 20 MMA heavy weights?

exactly. he sucks. enough of him already.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bas Rutten.

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
ok, make me proud and tell me where this quote is from:

"as el guapo always says, god speed and party on!"
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NOZR1
Bas Rutten.
woo hooooo, Inside MMA is da bomb. I friggin love that show. Bas and Kenny crack me up man.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Nope! You will see Oct 4th when he lays out Shamrock
I had to bring this thread back to the top...

Here's your boy. Shamrocks a no show and elitexc throws another bum at him... this time a 205lb bum who walks into the ring and knocks kimbo cold with the first JAB thrown only 14 seconds into the fight. Like I said before, the promoters made Kimbo a big name, not his ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Zxp...eature=related
Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
8 second mod

my boy Forest kicked ***!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i saw the kimbo fight, hes a old big black bitch.... one jab put him down and he couldnt recover, what a bitch
Old 10-05-2008, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kimbo is still my boy his record is 3-1 wow one loss and he took the loss like a man atleast. Now give him some time and experiance and he's a force. And for all the guy's that talk **** about him why don't you go and fight him like Kimbo says he'll fight anyone, anytime, anyplace.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
8 second mod

Kimbo is a great street fighter, thats about it
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Kimbo is a great street fighter, thats about it
True he just needs some skills.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
9 Second Club

Final curtain for the Kimbo show
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

SUNRISE, Fla. – The legend of Kimbo Slice was built by beating bums in boat yards and back alleys not far from here. It came crashing down Saturday courtesy of a quick punch from a pink-haired journeyman giving up two inches in height, four in reach and 30 pounds in muscle and might.

One simple shot sent Slice to the canvas and from there some guy named Seth Petruzelli needed just 12 punches and 14 seconds to put an end (we hope) to one of the great sporting charades of all time.

It was just a matter of time before Kimbo got exposed. He was little more than a character out of central casting, a bunch of addictive YouTube videos and a lot of insane hype by CBS, which made him a headliner before he made himself a fighter.

He was the Kimbo the Cash Machine, everyone lining up to exploit the lie that this was the baddest man on earth as long as he could walk through hand-picked tomato cans.

Only this time his match with 44-year-old Ken Shamrock, who hadn’t won a fight in over four years, fell apart when Shamrock cut his eye in a light training session Saturday and was deemed unfit to fight by state officials.

In the scramble to find a suitable replacement that Slice couldn’t possibly lose to, EliteXC considered Shamrock’s brother, Frank, who was there to be CBS’s color commentator, hadn’t fought lately due to a broken arm and would have given up around 45 pounds. Despite all this, Frank likely would have submitted Kimbo in the first round.

When that matchup couldn’t happen (EliteXC said state officials wouldn’t clear him, Frank said they did but CBS blocked it), EliteXC promoters turned to Petruzelli. The Fort Myers, Fla., native had been dumped by the big-league UFC, was just 2-2 since 2004, had recently taken a year off to start a business, weighed just 205 (to Kimbo’s 235) and was so lightly regarded he was competing in the non-televised undercard.

Despite the oft-repeated propaganda that Slice was a man of “courage” for taking a fight with this smaller guy who was likely to stand and trade punches anyway, EliteXC paid Kimbo a cash bonus just to get him to step into the cage.

“We made it up to him,” said Jeremy Lappen, EliteXC’s head of fight operations. He wouldn’t disclose the amount.

For the myth of Slice, the matchup may not be a 44-year-old on a losing streak or someone from the broadcast booth, but really, what was the worst thing that could happen?

“It didn’t feel too flush,” Petruzelli said of the first punch that apparently didn’t even need to land squarely to fell Kimbo.

Make no mistake – or listen to the EliteXC spin – this was a disaster for Slice and the company. “This is MMA, all the best have lost,” said Lappen. True, but Kimbo wasn’t defeated by a crafty Brazilian jiu-jitsu master. He wasn’t caught in a submission by an experienced wrestler. He didn’t lose a decision after a three-round brawl.

Those would be understandable considering his novice status.

Kimbo was KTFO by a guy he absolutely towered over yet was willing to bang with him anyway. Not that Kimbo did any banging. Slice charged him (“He was like a truck,” Petruzelli said) but he never actually landed a punch.

In the end, Kimbo’s hand speed, defense and chin proved incapable against even an average mixed martial artist. Which was pretty much what every hardcore fan had predicted.

Not that CBS didn’t keep up with the Slice willing to fight, “anyone, anywhere, at anytime.” This was a 100 percent true statement if “anyone, anywhere, at anytime” means “no one any good, anywhere, ever.”

Slice seemed stunned and a bit saddened at the turn of events. After it was over, he initially began wrestling the referee. Whether that was a protest for the decision or because he was dazed isn’t certain. Then he walked around the cage complaining to fans about the stoppage.

Later he walked out on his CBS interview (“Kimbo?” asked a stunned Gus Johnson), although not before inviting America to an after party at a local nightclub. Then he showed up 45 minutes late for the main press conference, where he gave a quick statement and bailed.

“I got my first black eye,” he laughed. He later turned to Petruzelli and joked, “You knocked me out in front of my family; that’s (expletive) up.”

Through it all Slice remained the only likable character of this foolish farce. He wasn’t the one claiming he was the best in the world. He was just a working-class dude who figured out how to beat the system and cash in on his 15 minutes of fleeting fame.

He’s got kids to feed and bills to pay and right to the end, he was milking bonuses out of the promotion, a one-time homeless man holding the Tiffany Network’s prime-time programming hostage. Only in America.

He was the grand actor in the middle of a three-ring circus, a tall tale that would eventually come tumbling down under the bright glare of reality.

Where Slice goes from here is anyone’s guess. He can’t rebuild his reputation without stepping up in competition from the guy who just beat him in seconds. He can’t headline a card and have anyone believe he’s legit. He can’t claim he, “just got caught” when it wasn’t some wild, roundhouse right or sneaky arm-bar that did him in.

The truth was always coming for Kimbo. Saturday it arrived sooner rather than later, the money train grinding to a halt courtesy of a smaller, less heralded fighter that no one can claim is some elite champion.

No, this was it. It’ll never be the same, not for the fighter and not, perhaps, for his entire promotion that just lost its signature star on top of the $58 million it’s burned the past two years.

Afterward, EliteXC execs tried to paint a bright future but admitted they needed a drink. Lower-level employees used gallows humor about finding new jobs.

Kimbo just said he was going home to see his kids.

In 14 seconds flat, the whole mirage was gone.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

aka kimbo is/was a joke.... and so is elitexc or w/e that company is called...

did u see the fight prior to kimbo? "the country" some fatass it was stupid as hell... best fight of the night was the two chicks by far
Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nautilus

that covers it exactly. fans in denial can go down with kimbo and EXC for believing in him.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
aka kimbo is/was a joke.... and so is elitexc or w/e that company is called...

did u see the fight prior to kimbo? "the country" some fatass it was stupid as hell... best fight of the night was the two chicks by far

i think shields is a talented fighter.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

UFC is the only quality MMA fighting corporation
Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
UFC is the only quality MMA fighting corporation
i agree. overall it has the best fighters in every weight class and only promotes good fights and fighters.

i think itll be the last one standing.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

is pride still around?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Junkie

OMG Gina Carona is so HOT!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i agree. overall it has the best fighters in every weight class and only promotes good fights and fighters.

i think itll be the last one standing.
That's why it'll be the last one standing. They're about the fight, not the hype. That's why they didn't even want Kim-blo.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The 2 chicks were the best! The Country fat-*** was a joke! He didn't have a chance of winning that fight at all.

Kimbo just got Totalled in his fight. I was laughing so hard when they stopped it. And if he did fight and beat Shamrock, that wouldn't have made any difference in what I thought of his abilities. Hopefully him and Shamrock call it quits, cause they both are washed up.

Quick Reply: UFC saturday, anyone watch?