Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a Giant fan I feel like I have some redemption. If the eagles would have made the big game wow. At the same time the Cardinals really? O well as long as its not Dallas or Philly
Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
Honestly if they would have played better in the first half then it would have been different it is there fault and we need to accept defeat

yea if they played better it would have been a different story for sure. however if the refs called the pass interference when they should have would have also been a different story. im not even a eagles fan was rooting for them cause i live there. been a packers fan since reggie white started there. but eagles SHOULD have had this...oh well they always do choke
Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

It was a good ride, it sucks they came out flat and McNabb was inconsistent. I did learn something though, you can fall and trip a WR and have it be legal.

Sucks they came up short but they sent the Cowboys and their idiot fans and the scumbag Giants packing so all was not lost.
TECH Fanatic

It was a good game. I think the worst play was that last touchdown that was the biggest stop but they couldn't make it happen. I am really not gonna complain though, the Eagles made it way further than anyone ever expected. I am loving all of the jealous Giants and Cowboys fans that are cheering for the Cards. Sadly Eli is a one hit wonder and the Giants wont be returning to glory and well Dallas is just falling apart. Good season, Phillies as the champs, Eagles with a great run and the Flyers making a strong run without one of their best players.
Restricted User

Yup...the first half was just too much to overcome. All that Philly was able to accomplish in the second half was wiped out by one score by Arizona.

This brings an interesting point into the Reid/MaNabb era debate. People argue that they need to go because of poor play calling, inaccurate throws...etc. Then they make it into the playoffs, and they're heroes, and everyone makes a big deal of the fact that they've been to 5 conference championships and a superbowl this decade alone, which makes them the winningest team of the decade. I think this game puts the period on the description of Andy Reid's Eagles. We have seen from them what we are going to see. They are very good...just not good enough. After 5 trips to the conference championship, one super bowl, and no rings, I think it's safe to say that sticking with Reid and McNabb guarantees exactly what we have seen. Ups, Downs, great football overall, but no championships. So then the question is...what do Philly fans want? A team that consistently get's to the verge, but can't take the final step? Or start anew, and not know what you're going to end up with? Is this bad enough to warrant the huge gamble of bringing in a new coach and QB? You could end up with what Dallas has now - poor coaching in an otherwise top notch team. Would you prefer that?
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
This game is over, 21 -6 already, Eagles are getting crushed.

That's what I thought. Went to play some games with my boy and came back and the game was pretty much even in the 4th. Good to see them come back. I have been rooting for the eagles and the card's in the play offs so I really did not care who won. Good to see the card's will get their shot again after 61 years. Now let see if the ravens can beet the steelers. Vince
Old 01-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Atleast us cowboys fans didnt waste time on 2 more games of the season

I must say as much as i hate the eagles, they stomped our *** and made a hell of a comeback against the cardinals.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Yup...the first half was just too much to overcome. All that Philly was able to accomplish in the second half was wiped out by one score by Arizona.

This brings an interesting point into the Reid/MaNabb era debate. People argue that they need to go because of poor play calling, inaccurate throws...etc. Then they make it into the playoffs, and they're heroes, and everyone makes a big deal of the fact that they've been to 5 conference championships and a superbowl this decade alone, which makes them the winningest team of the decade. I think this game puts the period on the description of Andy Reid's Eagles. We have seen from them what we are going to see. They are very good...just not good enough. After 5 trips to the conference championship, one super bowl, and no rings, I think it's safe to say that sticking with Reid and McNabb guarantees exactly what we have seen. Ups, Downs, great football overall, but no championships. So then the question is...what do Philly fans want? A team that consistently get's to the verge, but can't take the final step? Or start anew, and not know what you're going to end up with? Is this bad enough to warrant the huge gamble of bringing in a new coach and QB? You could end up with what Dallas has now - poor coaching in an otherwise top notch team. Would you prefer that?
I've said it before even in this thread, I'm not a Reid fan however he's not going anywhere. Is there a coach out there to get them over the hump? I don't know. I will say this, the playcalling wasn't really to blame today. Is the McNabb era over? I hope not(though I'm not a huge fan of his). Kevin Kalb is not our answer, I really REALLY wanted to see McNabb win the Super Bowl this year and then tell this city to pound sand...he's the scapegoat for EVERYTHING with this team.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blakbird24

th a very good point. as i mentioned im a green bay fan. best thing for the eagles now are to make sure dawkins is healthy next year. jackson did a great job for his first year and with experience will get better. i say see what happens next year. if they bomb...boot em.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MaroMan
Atleast us cowboys fans didnt waste time on 2 more games of the season
I think losing the NFC Championship is more painful than not making the playoffs lol. Especially if I had been talking a lot of ****.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 325trooper
I think losing the NFC Championship is more painful than not making the playoffs lol.
Not really, though I hear Romo hits a mean 3 iron.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

It was an alright game. Alright only because the Eagles lost. The play calling and McNabb were not to blame. The receivers are alright, but didn't come up big when they needed to. The defense wasn't on top of their game for the first time in many games.

The team was beaten. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have one winning season every 10 years and win the big game than have a serious case of blue ***** for 8 years.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
Not really, though I hear Romo hits a mean 3 iron.
Maybe him and McNabb will watch the Superbowl together.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Maybe him and McNabb will watch the Superbowl together.
Maybe...McNabb can give Romo tips on how to win a game in the playoffs

Hopefully Romo doesn't ask him how to win a Super Bowl
Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

You got it lol. I don't care about winning a playoff game. The Lombardi is all that matters. Personally, I think if yall had kept Garcia you would have one.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Better get the Pledge out wipe that empty Lombardi Tropy case one more time. Hey don't be sad eagles fans, theres always next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.........
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Unhappy Eagles; suckkkkkkkkkkk..........

Go; pittsburg......................:d
Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Restricted User

Making the playoffs is ALWAYS better than not making the playoffs. Period.

Not only did Philly make the playoffs, they knocked off two excellent teams while there. That's something we all know Dallas would not have done even IF they had made it. I'd much rather have my team lose the Conference championship or the super bowl than to not make the playoffs.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eagle's suck. Thank goodness they're gone. Now hopefully the Ravens will knock out the Steelers, then life will be complete!!

Washed up Kurt Warner is gonna go get another SB MVP. I hope he does just that.