Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Making the playoffs is ALWAYS better than not making the playoffs.
Going 9-7 is better than going 8-8. Going 11-5 is better than going 10-4. But in the end it means nothing without a championship. The eagles will be doing the same thing the Cowboys will be doing in two weeks. lol
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

So if a team doesn't win it all the season is a waste?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Going 9-7 is better than going 8-8. Going 11-5 is better than going 10-4. But in the end it means nothing without a championship. The eagles will be doing the same thing the Cowboys will be doing in two weeks. lol
I love to hear this all or nothing talk from Dallas fans. You're full of ****. I don't buy it. IF you really felt this way, you'd be looking for a different team. Yours will not have a meaningful season (by your definition) for a very long time. I see them making the playoffs before too long, maybe winning a game, but they are a LOOONG way off from winning the super bowl, and therefore, you might as well find another team or even another sport...unless you don't mind completely wasting 3-4 hours every sunday from september to january.

Bunch of bullshit...that's all that comes out of your mouth anymore.

For those of us who actually care about the GAME, every win is meaningful...so is every loss. A win is a victory, and with every victory comes experience. With every loss comes a lesson. All of this is what makes a team. Miami and Atlanta didn't win the super bowl, but I can't imagine anyone on either team, or any fan of either team considers this season a waste. It was a big year for both teams, and I say they both deserve a huge pat on the back for it. Philly went from hopeless in November to heroes over the past few weeks, and I would be saying that that hasn't changed today, if it wasn't for the fact that they've done exactly this 5 times now. That changes things a bit. But again, i'd rather be the Philly fan in this case than the Dallas fan. Philly has been winning playoff games all decade. Is there a single player on the Cowboys right now that has been in a blue and white jersey for a playoff win? I doubt it.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

F the eagles!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats to the cardinals..played a great game.
ofcourse the peanut gallery full of Giant and Cowboy fans have to come in and give their .02 cents. whatever....this off season should be interesting. i hope Mcnabb stays but after this...who knows whats gonna happen now.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i hope Mcnabb stays but after this...who knows whats gonna happen now.
I do too, I really REALLY wanted to see the Eagles win it all not only because I'm an Eagles fan but so McNabb could get his ring and give a big middle finger to this **** hole city and media.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phillyz28
shut up ya gay
like i said eagles don't fly south for the winter i actually wanted to eagles to win. it does suck watching them go to all those championship games and loosing them. plus the pats cheated them out of a super bowl just like they cheated the steelers out of 2 appearances(CHEATIN' BASTIDS). i am just wondering if mcnab and reid are going to stay
Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Eagle's suck. Thank goodness they're gone. Now hopefully the Ravens will knock out the Steelers, then life will be complete!!

Washed up Kurt Warner is gonna go get another SB MVP. I hope he does just that.
Well i guess life isnt complete

Warner better get used to laying on the ground in the Superbowl
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

I thought Mcnaab played well considering he was running for his life and on his back for a good part of the game. Converted another HUGE 3rd down when they really needed it and kept the Eagles in the game. I'm a little disappointed in Westbrook-Giants shut him down and so did the Cards D.
You HAVE to give credit to that Cardinals defense-they really put the pressure on and Kurt Warner was excellent. Larry Fitzgerald-AWESOME!!!!
I feel really bad for Brian Dawkins. That guy plays so hard-he deserves a super bowl ring.

GO GIANTS!!!!!! next year
Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
So if a team doesn't win it all the season is a waste?
If you have a winning mentality, yes.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TNTramair
played a great game.
ofcourse the peanut gallery full of Giant and Cowboy fans have to come in and give their .02 cents. whatever
Well, when you post something like anybody would be scared to have Philly come into their house, what do you expect?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why even bother having a season then? Just put the best two teams on paper in the superbowl. There is a big difference between a playoff team and a non playoff team. I would agree, it does really only matter if you win the superbowl, but the point is the Eagles had a chance and blew it. Cowboys didn't get that chance. Seems like there is a big difference there. You can't have a chance at the superbowl if you don't make the playoffs.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Well, when you post something like anybody would be scared to have Philly come into their house, what do you expect?
Here's a stick...there's the dead horse....have it!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Did anyone see how bad McNabb was at covering Fitz!?!?! What a BUM, we need to get rid of him NOW!!!!

No thanks, I'll take McNabb and Reid back next year. Let's get an F-ing #1 receiver, and possibly a #2, and we'll be fine. Maybe we can get Anquan and Burress, lol.

Congrats to the Cards. Wow, Fitz is amazing!

The D let us down, not McNabb and Reid
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dankl
Did anyone see how bad McNabb was at covering Fitz!?!?! What a BUM, we need to get rid of him NOW!!!!

No thanks, I'll take McNabb and Reid back next year. Let's get an F-ing #1 receiver, and possibly a #2, and we'll be fine. Maybe we can get Anquan and Burress, lol.

Congrats to the Cards. Wow, Fitz is amazing!

The D let us down, not McNabb and Reid
i agree with Mcnabb...generally its not his fault with the exception of a few ***** thrown in the dirt and behind players. fact of the matter remains, the Eagles would not have won 90% of their games these past 10 years if it were not for him. ive liked him from day one.
Ried on the other hand i can do with out....the man is stubburn as a mule and refuses to acknowledge the fact that if he wants to be pass happy than we need a legitament #1 receiver. and his play callin is high schoolish at best.
the running game needs a make over....i love Westbrook but for god sakes, get him some help. we need a bruiser back like Jacobs to carry the load between the tackles.
the defense kinda over acheived these past 7 weeks and were playin great but unfortunetly Arizona exposed their weaknesses and took full advantage.
i hope Mcnabb stays but fact of the matter remains, if they're not gonna get him a go to receiver than id rather him leave and get a ring with another team. the man deserves it along with Dawkins.
lets see...Housh, Burres, Boldin and a few other top notch receivers will be available this off season....lets wait and see if they make a move.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

" i didnt know there was a tie in the nfl" :d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
" i didnt know there was a tie in the nfl" :d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Cause that comment is totaly relavent to what we're disscussing....
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
I love to hear this all or nothing talk from Dallas fans. You're full of ****. I don't buy it. IF you really felt this way, you'd be looking for a different team. Yours will not have a meaningful season (by your definition) for a very long time. I see them making the playoffs before too long, maybe winning a game, but they are a LOOONG way off from winning the super bowl, and therefore, you might as well find another team or even another sport...unless you don't mind completely wasting 3-4 hours every sunday from september to january.

Bunch of bullshit...that's all that comes out of your mouth anymore.

For those of us who actually care about the GAME, every win is meaningful...so is every loss. A win is a victory, and with every victory comes experience. With every loss comes a lesson. All of this is what makes a team. Miami and Atlanta didn't win the super bowl, but I can't imagine anyone on either team, or any fan of either team considers this season a waste. It was a big year for both teams, and I say they both deserve a huge pat on the back for it. Philly went from hopeless in November to heroes over the past few weeks, and I would be saying that that hasn't changed today, if it wasn't for the fact that they've done exactly this 5 times now. That changes things a bit. But again, i'd rather be the Philly fan in this case than the Dallas fan. Philly has been winning playoff games all decade. Is there a single player on the Cowboys right now that has been in a blue and white jersey for a playoff win? I doubt it.
I dont go looking for another team because i am a loyal fan, yes it would be better to make the playoffs but to not go all the way sucks. The cowboys need alot of changes to be a decent team theres no doubting that. Would you rather not run your car at the track or run your car make it to the 1/8th and the rear end fall out. Id rather not waste my time.

Its football for christ sake, no need to take it that serious its just a game.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Teching In

EAGLES SUCK.. maybe now their cocky *** qb will shut the hell up huh?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has worn out it`s welcome.
Cardinals F T W!