Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bad night tonight, Need some help. Big read

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand they have to have both cars to charge you with drag racing. That was my understanding. Goodluck.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Seriously guys thanks for all your help and support its really making this situation alot easier to deal with.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Black Plague

...and he saw us side by side and what not which is very true but racing hardly.
"Exactly officer. If we had been racing, I wouldn't have been right next to him. I'd have been 5-6 car lengths in front of him!"

That probably wouldn't have gotten you anywhere, but you definitely need to fight this. Good luck man.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Out here in ny we dont have to write both cars to issue that summons. However we do have to observe both vehicles participating in a "speed contest". I would get a lawyer, get a subpoena for the tape from his cruiser to which you are entitled since it is directly related to the summons you were issued, and a matter of public record since it is the patrol car camera. If you want to go to the judge and try to explain you had no interest in racing a little ricer, but just had to get over and the kid wasnt letting you, he might be able to see that on the tape. plague pm me if you want.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Teching In

My buddy was pulling out of a local meeting spot in his newly cammed C5 Vette, and after turning right (on green, no other traffic moving beside him) he decided to get on it for us. A cop came off of the red light and pulled him over, and gave him street racing. No other cars involved, there was no possible way.

He's fighting it as well...chances are if he takes it to court, they'll at least bump it down to a lesser violation. Maybe a small fine, and perhaps even points...but no suspension.

Absolutely fight it, nothing to lose.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thechef
the 775 is gonna be a techincality that will get you off, they have to have their paperwork correct
Wrong!!! The ticket will be amended with the correct statute written in.

How did you make out BTW>???
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea im curious too, as i live in the dreaded York area....
Old 11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thechef
the 775 is gonna be a techincality that will get you off, they have to have their paperwork correct

[QUOTE=SVT F15O;10503438]Wrong!!! The ticket will be amended with the correct statute written in.

SVT is correct, had a cop incorrectly write speeding statute number on a ticket but since he wrote speeding and had it in his report and the stat number was related to speeding it was okay. now if you got a speeding ticket in a red car and he said it was a blue truck your in good shape. had the same thing happen to both my cousins on the pike, they lawyered up and got it knocked down to exceding posted limit and like a $90 fine.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Ok so i had the court date guys and surprise surprise i lost, i give you a quick run down on how much bullshit this is. So we go into the court room the cop tells what happened which wasnt near the the truth the judge asked if i had anything id like to ask the police man about what he said and i did, the first big thing is he said i tried to run then pull over which was false and i said that and the cop agreed with me on that situation, next he said i was in the lane closest to him which was also false i was in the far lane and he ended up agreeing with that, he said as i was going past the stop light i was already going about 60 which was also untrue i was doing 35 and then he said that hes not sure how fast i was truly going anyhow, the last thing i said is that we werent racing i wasnt even on the gas in my car i was just at a higher rpm in 2nd gear so it was loud at the moment and the other car involved was the one speeding, well he kind of agreed with that saying hes not really sure if we were racing anyway. Well i told my side of the story as soon as i got done the judge said guilty, it was very evident whether i was guilty or not he was going to rule against me.

So needless to say im appealing and going to county court with a lawyer because i dont deserve to pay a fine and lose my liscense for something i didnt hell if i did do it i would accept the consequences but until im actually caught in the act its not happening.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

That sucks man! Hopefully you have better luck in the county court. Keep us updated.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats fucked up id be so pissed off id be goin to jail for knockin the judge out *******. if the cop agreed y did he say guilty
Old 12-10-2008, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pa is gay i got a underage consumption ticket there about 7 years ago. they suspended my license for 90 days. and still to this day that ticket gives me trouble every time i go to the dmv. they always try and tell me i never had my license suspended anf blah blah blah. you would think there would a statute of limitations on **** like that
Old 12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

good luk and keep us posted on this one, i am curious as well, cuz i never even knew there was a street racing law lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Ill keep everyone updated i have a lawyer lined up and im ready. Im waiting to appeal as long as possible so the court date will be pushed longer lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

you mean your lawyer is filing for a continuance which moves the date of the case back. you are allowed 2 of them.

if your lawyer is worth anything you should get out of it. i passed somebody that i know in my formula- they were driving a sports car but didn't even touch the gas, and they got pulled over for street racing. fought the ticket and got it thrown out.

police are scum, and it's a business. they are not out to protect you, it's thier job to generate revenue for their department so they get paid, get bonuses and overtime. in court i usually agree to plead guilty to a lesser charge (you want a 31-11 A. it's no points). they get their $ and you get to go on your merry way. sometimes if you push it too hard to get completly dropped the cop won't do anything for you- if they get some $$ out of it most times they'll drop the points unless they are a real **********.

if you lose- appeal it and try again.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting, cop seemed to agree with what you said yet your found guilty? What a joke.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
9 Second Club

wow that sucks. good luck at the county court. keep us posted
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

if it was manhiem twp. you'll normally get screwed but I hope you didn't go in with out a lawyer you'll never win. you can request a trial as you are being excused of a crime and if everything you said is true get the report on the hearing and as well as dash cam footage because he claimed to have you on it. btw that statement will also be on the dash cam and if he can produce evidence on tape you might be able to get it thrown out with him changing the statements after the fact. it should have been thrown out because he changed his statements enough to cast dout on his word however a dj is not a judge and they don't take there jpbs as seriously sometimes theythink your guilty because you were written a ticket.