Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

What do you guys think, tranny woes

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive a fedex ground truck and know many fedex/ups drivers personally. i deliver all types of stuff and i can tell you from experience if he shipped it in a rubber tub thats retarded. something as big and fragile as a transmission needs to be strapped or bolted to a pallet or something of that nature. he already lied about saying the ups store packaged it then re-nigged on that statement saying he did it but they packaged it with cardboard. reguardless if they did the lid on a rubber tote is not going to hold the weight of a transmission if it gets flipped upside down which i guarantee it will if its not bolted to a pallet. anything over 70 lbs isnt going to be treated as fragile. its going to be pulled off the belt which is about 3 feet off the grate and its gonna slam the grate then the pre-loader is just gonna sling it up onto the truck and go about scanning other boxes. i see it every morning. number 1, you dont ship something like a transmission in a rubber box with a pop on lid. number 2, you dont lie about it after you do it. and number 3, reguardless of what happened to it during shipping if it doesnt work as stated its not the receiving ends fault. hope this helps you man.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All set, we came to an agreeable solution. Getting the tranny rebuilt, and then all I need is to buy new hydraulics.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think, tranny woes