Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Some A-hole stole my Debt card info!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That blows that happened to my Ex the other day at KFC. I was happy to buy her lunch again. LOL.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks man. At least you didn't lose out.

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Bank should file a report with local law enforcement since they are now the victim cause they refunded you and they are at loss. At the places you mentioned they were used it should be fairly easy to get video of which register and when the card was used. After seeing who did it, and maybe a license plate from the gas stations, it shouldn't be too hard to find out who did it. But, it's outta your hands now.
Dont know if its even cost effective for the banks unless a certain dollar amount is stolen. For time and money it takes and then the crook could already be out of state...

I've heard of the many scams and am not surprised when I here about new ones. I'm sure there's alot of responsible people on here and I'm ranting for no reason but, I believe there's only two choices that we all have to avoid these scams....

1) the unreasonable approach :
NEVER use any cards, ever. Pay only with cash all the time. Stay away from the internet. Never borrow money ever. Deal only with the bank IN PERSON.

2) the more reasonable approach :
- Make sure your bank has an online access system. check in on it at least once a day and make sure that you recognize all the transactions and that the balances are accurate.
- have your bank and credit accounts phone numbers programed into your phone (or at least written down at home) incase your card is lost or stolen. **It's kind of hard to call the number if the only place you know where to look is the back of the card.
- Dont obtain/maintain a bunch of credit cards. Have one, maybe two for emergencies and check on them regularly.
- Check your credit report Often (at least once a year but, quarterly is bette). Look for open lines of credit on there and close the accounts if you dont need them.

*** Basically become proactive instead of reactive.