Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Come out to PBIR in Jupiter, Fl. to watch Top Fuel Action this Sunday only!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Come out to PBIR in Jupiter, Fl. to watch Top Fuel Action this Sunday only!!!

Come out to PBIR,(formerly Moroso) and watch top fuel dragster's and funny cars test for the 2009 season. You will see Larry Dixon & Del Worsham (Al-Anabi), Cory McClenathen (FRAM), Tony Schumacher(Army), Jack Beckman (Valvoline), Ron Capps (NAPA), Bob Tasca, Jeff Arend (DHL), Tim Wilkerson (Levi, Ray & Shoup) and more.

Come feel the ground shake and smell that Nitro as these wild machines tear down the track. Sit in the grandstands and feel the shockwave through the air. All day today these teams were laying serious rubber and we would like to invite you all out this Sunday to see for yourself. This is open to the public for 1 day only!!

Where: Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR)
17047 Beeline Hwy., Jupiter Fla. 33478
When: Sunday, Jan. 18th.
Gates open at 8am until 4pm.
Cost: $20.00 Per Person
Tickets available at the gate
All spectator parking will be outside the gates.

Concessions will be open all day serving hot dogs, burgers, nachos, pretzels and chicken fingers. We will also have beer specials all day long.

So, come on out and have a great day at the track! Come with your buddies! Treat your child to an awesome experience! This is your chance to watch the big boys test at your hometown track. Also, feel free to copy this thread and spread the word.

I will see you all at the track!
Michael Clark, Track Manager

P.S. I will be track side all day tomorrow. If you have any further questions, please PM Nitrous Bob. I will keep him posted throughout the day of any hot news and will do my best to answer all your questions. Thanks for your help Bob.

All viewing will be from grand stands only!
There will be no pit access permitted

Last edited by 16again; 01-18-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

The cars have taken to the track. Can we see some speed records broken with the cool temperatures?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the track have enough stopping distance for those car's ? When i was there Wed. night there really was not any run off just a net and a burm.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Does the track have enough stopping distance for those car's ? When i was there Wed. night there really was not any run off just a net and a burm.
That is a very long track compared to other NHRA facilities.
If the Top Fuel Dragsters and Top Fuel Funny Cars did not have the proper distance to stop, the track would not be booked for so long by all these guys.

So in answer to the BRAND NEW TRACK being long enough to handle TOP FUEL Cars..... YES more than enough.
It is built to do what it is doing today.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Are we going to see a NHRA event in the future ? Thank you for your answer on the stopping distance.I was really amazed by the way the place look's now and want to Thank You also for the great job you have done.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Are we going to see a NHRA event in the future ? Thank you for your answer on the stopping distance.I was really amazed by the way the place look's now and want to Thank You also for the great job you have done.
First things first.
I HAVE NO AFFILIATION with PBIR.

That said... the property around the Drag Strip and Road Course is still under construction at the moment. Parking lots still need to be cleared and built for the fans. I doubt they can accommodate the fan parking needed just yet for a big NHRA event.

I will certainly pass on to the track manager your thanks for the hard work they put into building a world class facility for us.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

By the way, why not come out on the 14th of February and race in the GM Challenge Series? There will be 6 Challenge's and the winners and runner-ups from each group are given trophies. These are just guys and gals that head out once a month to play with their cars, make new friends, and have a ton of fun. No pro's just regular gear heads.

I am the guy that brought the Challenge Series to PBIR when it was known as MOROSO back in 2004.
While I am not involved hands on any longer, I do help with internet communication when needed as I am obviously well versed on the series.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry about that i thought you were the track manager from the first post i read.I guess you wrote it for him.Thank you for the info.I will try to make it out there for FEB,14 but is hard for me to race because i was involved in a bike accident in AUG and shattered both knee cap and still recovering.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Larry Dixon just ran a 3.87 @ 303mph
That's 1000ft.
I will tell you that speed is MUCH slower than somebody ran yesterday.

The day is young get out there and have some fun. It is now 11:25am and there are approximately 300 Drag Race fans out there.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Sorry about that i thought you were the track manager from the first post i read.I guess you wrote it for him.Thank you for the info.I will try to make it out there for FEB,14 but is hard for me to race because i was involved in a bike accident in AUG and shattered both knee cap and still recovering.
I have contact with the track manager (Mike).
I am the guy at the bottom of the first post where he said ask BOB (on other forums known as Nitrous Bob) if you have questions.

I will be happy to answer your questions as I can. If I cannot, I will certainly get you the answers from Mike.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Wink Oops!.....

Sorry, but I missed it today Bob. Just read your thread late is all. (I park with Dino & Neil, & have met you & "Misty"....

Will see you again next Challenge Feb.14th with a friend who also will run it.

I've looked and asked for people on this site to "Bring It" to a Challenge both last Nov. & December. (see Ed's PBIR thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...ce-2009-a.html

But maybe they live either too far away, or prefer waxin' & showin' their rides & F-Body's instead. Nothing wrong with that as I too enjoy cruisin' to a show, but much rather "Let 'em hang" down the 1/4 without gettin' a ticket!...Just a time slip!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

I know who you are Rick. I called Dino last night and told him about it. He went and said he had so much fun. He said no way can you enjoy a day like this for $20.00 any place else. I have to agree the team at PBIR and the NHRA drivers and teams, really hooked up the locals with this one.
Just keep spreading the word. You will be surprised how many people never post on forums but do read. We went from one car (me) to now over 100 cars each month. We will make it 200 eventually, word of mouth and the internet are AWESOME tools.

I won't be at the event on the 14th because I will be out in LA handling some family business.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Best regards Nitrous Bob.....c'ya soon!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Some of the Pro Stock guy's were still there tonight and i heard someone say Greg Anderson broke a record.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Not enough parking on the grounds for a full on NHRA event I've heard, but if the Teams involved liked this years "go around" @ PBIR (MOROSO)....then this past weekend situation may occur every year as a preamble to the first NHRA National events that begin later this month every year!.....

Now who's coming to the first Corvette/GM/Mustang/Mopar & Truck at high noon Feb.14th...?
C'mon, you'll all be home early enough to take your Honey out for Valentines day.... Plenty of time runs, and they'll let you line up with someone if you want to "Bring It!"....lol
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Wish this would have gotten my attention earlier!!!! Damn it!

Quick Reply: Come out to PBIR in Jupiter, Fl. to watch Top Fuel Action this Sunday only!!!