Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Boca Raton area, FAU

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
I go to FAU as well. There five days a week. Got a black formula with a ramair hood.
i think ive seen u aroung i got an all black t/a on black zr1s

Originally Posted by Superman09
Hello,
Well I am from Michigan, but recently applied and was accepted as a transfer student to Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. For those interested, I am majoring in Biological Science looking to get into Dental School. Just curious what the LS1/car crowd is like in Boca if any. Any shops in or near Boca? Any tracks close by? Thanks!
hey man i go to fau aswell umm there are a couple guys here from fau i see josh has chimed in ...as far as shops go MaSport is your best bet. hope to see you around bro!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I believe I have seen your car on quite a few occasions around campus. As far as living around here. Off campus tends to be pricey unless you live with other people. There are flyers all over campus looking for people to rent out rooms, and what not. Living on campus does have its benefits. You can meet many people. Dorms are new, but you could very well have a ******** living with you. There are tons of beautiful gilrs at campus, and off as well. Plus you are just minutes from the beach, and only about 45 minutes to your local, brand new track.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Cool guys! I really hope to come down there! If I stay on campus, clearly I'll just be parking in a lot..... how would you feel about bringing my car down under that circumstance? Is there a lot of punks that would probably vandalize it or is everyone pretty cool for the most part with a lot of nice cars? Im looking for another daily driver now and if I come down and don't feel safe bringing the vette, I may see what I can pick up ls1 f-body wise. Let me know what you guys think. I really appreciate the insight, sounds like a killer place for the most part!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

No need to worry about vandals. I have never had any experience or know somebody that has had their car messed up on campus. It is a nice campus with relatively chill people.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool guys! I really hope to come down there! If I stay on campus, clearly I'll just be parking in a lot..... how would you feel about bringing my car down under that circumstance? Is there a lot of punks that would probably vandalize it or is everyone pretty cool for the most part with a lot of nice cars? Im looking for another daily driver now and if I come down and don't feel safe bringing the vette, I may see what I can pick up ls1 f-body wise. Let me know what you guys think. I really appreciate the insight, sounds like a killer place for the most part!
i leave my t-tops off in the garage always, i love it, nothing ever got stolen, so no problems
Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
i leave my t-tops off in the garage always, i love it, nothing ever got stolen, so no problems
thats great, what is the garage you are referring to?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats great, what is the garage you are referring to?
there are 2 parking garages to park in
Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

awesome! I'm going to have to come down real soon to check it all out!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I live a little bit north in palm beach gardens. Youll love the area. Living gets a little expensive because the prices seem inflated in this area when compared to the rest of the country....

Ive been talking with some fau students who attend the north campus and we are going to try (i think) to get a meet going of sorts up this way if you or anyone is interested.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
that brave ,im not that trusting of anyone ,anywhere

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
I live a little bit north in palm beach gardens. Youll love the area. Living gets a little expensive because the prices seem inflated in this area when compared to the rest of the country....

Ive been talking with some fau students who attend the north campus and we are going to try (i think) to get a meet going of sorts up this way if you or anyone is interested.
let me kno man u got my # ill definitly ride out

Last edited by shaolink9; 02-22-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Boca Raton area, FAU