Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Ticket Worth Fighting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THIS IS WHAT I DID...THE DOT IS THE END POINT WHERE SHE GOT ME. AND THE WHITE LINES ARE THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS

Last edited by my bandit; 03-27-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you went through the intersection but got nabbed for avoiding a traffic light?? Maybe she thought you were going north bound and were trying to skip out on the left hand turn lane turning west.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by my bandit
THIS IS WHAT I DID...THE DOT IS THE END POINT WHERE SHE GOT ME. AND THE WHITE LINES ARE THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS

was JSO already in St. Joseph's parking lot/driveway or followed you in from St. Augustine Rd ? If already there you'll lose ..followed you in ..was JSO behind you when you were southbound on St. Augustine or did you notice JSO was northbound on St. Augustine and then follow you ? Were you pulled over before you got out of St Joseph's driveway or when you got to Loretto ? At the point of your dot were you intending to go west on Loretto or east back to the intersection ? Final note if you intend to contest ..get a lawyer and do not respond to my post in a public forum. Goodluck and p.s. if you do cut thru a parking lot and see a LEO you pull over before they get their action on and pop hood,get out and tinker for a bit. After a few minutes breathe visibly deeply, down the hood and then get back in vehicle...drive on after a few minutes of intense gauge staring .

Last edited by ScrapSilicon; 03-28-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Launching!

i would find a ticket attorney and pay them to take care of it. its what i do ALL THE TIME. i would rather pay my guy 150-200 bucks then pay even a 75 dollar ticket to the cops. my driving record has been clean for about 5 years, even though i have been pulled over numerous times and ticketed each time. its their job, let them do it.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

I live off greenland road right there, and the church has always had a problem with people cutting through parking lots on both sides of Old St. Augustine, JSO has responded by keeping more of an eye on the parking lots.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why would you go past the intersection, that you need to turn at, and cut through a parking lot to get onto Loretto? If I were a cop, I would have given you a ticket too.. Obviously you're not telling us the whole story. To me it looks like you were too impatient to wait at the light to turn east from Old St. Aug. onto Greenland.. You instead decided to cut through the parking lot to get on Loretto because it was easier and quicker doing that to get onto Greenfield. Otherwise, you would have sat in the turning lane waiting, gotten a red light... Loretto-Greenland would have then gotten the next green light and you would have had to sit and wait for them until you finally got a green arrow.

I've seen that kind of stuff pulled dozens of times, including having done it myself. Good luck if you decided to fight it. Because if it's that obvious to me, imagine how obvious it will be to a judge who has to hear countless other stories day in and day out.

If it were me, I would take it to court and admit yes, I was at fault. Then plead with the judge to please drop the points and explain that you didn't know any better, and didn't realize that was illegal. If all goes well, just accept whatever fines they throw at you, and say thank you Sir/Ma'am. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by blindxeyed; 03-28-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright yes the cop was already there but got me after i turned onto loretto. i wasnt trying to skip people b/c the line to turn to greenland was backed up further than where i go on to old st aug so i didnt want to be hanging out into the lane.
and yes i was thinking about doing the check under the hood b/c my ses light is on so its an easy way to get out but i didnt think about it until after
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alright yes the cop was already there but got me after i turned onto loretto. i wasnt trying to skip people b/c the line to turn to greenland was backed up further than where i go on to old st aug so i didnt want to be hanging out into the lane.
and yes i was thinking about doing the check under the hood b/c my ses light is on so its an easy way to get out but i didnt think about it until after
It's understandable dude, I've been in the same situation too. Just saying it's going to be tough if you decide to fight it on your own without a lawyer, because you technically were in the wrong doing, and it's very clear to see.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i got a $150 ticket for "cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic light. worth 3 points!
it wasnt trespassing and i didnt avoid the light. i was doing it to get in line to wait to go across. never was i going to or could avoid a traffic light. i was just going to get in the line when someone let me go. i have done it many times.
Get a court date, but get that court date after almost all of your first 30 days go by from the date you got the ticket.
Then a few days before that court date, go in and get a continuance. (I believe in Florida we're still allowed 2 continuances).
Then, get the second continuance a few days before your second court date.
That will be approx. 4 months from the day you go the ticket.

Cops die, cops get transferred, cops quit, cops get promoted, cops get demoted........and most of all, alot of cops keep shitty records because, well, they're incompetent.

The chances he'll be there after 4 months is remote. Over the years I've gotten out of 4 tickets like that. 3 speeding and an illegal u-turn. A trick a cop taught me to do when I was 18 yrs old.

You can also get a ticket clinic type place to go to court for you even after the second continuance and you get that final court date if you don't want to go.

Beat the system.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

my cousin got a ticket for something dumb like this a couple years ago. FIGHT THE MAN NEVER GIVE UP!

Quick Reply: Ticket Worth Fighting?