Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

One mile runs 10.11.09

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ibex37
how do you guys feel about running n2o for the whole mile? What about spraying in 5th gear on a stock motor, stock trans (6 speed) and rear. What kind of tire pressures are you guys running. Higher in the fronts like 40-45psi, or is that a bad idea?

We'll be spraying a car with a hefty shot if all goes well but, no need on this car for the full mile. Maybe 3-5th. Extensive time logging and dyno time is what we plan for that car. Race fuel is what the car will be running(thats all it runs). It's a built motor, so we should be fine. Besides, we've sprayed the car on the highway numerous times in 5th so, we think we'll be fine. Tunes always been spot on but, we are changing to direct port and a sheetmetal intake.

We'll be running a friendly 25-35psi depending on traction.

Originally Posted by Don O.
Just registered looks like fun! 2003 ZO6 with a 416, should have a little in it!

Don
Sweet. Nice to see a good selection of vettes out there. WOndering if a ZR1 or two will show up.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibex37
wanna start a cruise down? i'll be leaving from my sisters house in tamarac.

I'm with ya, we can figure a time and meeting place once the day gets closer. My neighbor is driving my C6 and I will be in my V. I am sure if we coordinate this we can have about 10 cars from Broward making the trip down there. Maybe we can do some spirited runs on 75 and The Trail during our trip just to set the tone for the day. I think there may be two 800+RWHP Vettes joining us,,,
Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I'm with ya, we can figure a time and meeting place once the day gets closer. My neighbor is driving my C6 and I will be in my V. I am sure if we coordinate this we can have about 10 cars from Broward making the trip down there. Maybe we can do some spirited runs on 75 and The Trail during our trip just to set the tone for the day. I think there may be two 800+RWHP Vettes joining us,,,
lol ill be in my 360fwhp neon, unless the firebird comes together. im not sure if i want to bring the firebird it needs a clutch (among other things) and i just dont think i have the money right now to fix it right
Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check out out some of these pictures...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...t-soflo-3.html
Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

A good meeting place for the Broward and Palm Beach people would be on I-75, west of the big spaghetti bowl. From the north you can Sawgrass Expressway until it ends and then jump on I-75 North. We can meet at one of the two exits before you hit 27. This sucks for those living south of I-595, as another alternative is heading south past there into Southern Broward, but I do not know how to get to U.S. 27 from that far south. I am sure someone knows,,,
Old 08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's easy. Either take griffin west,..runs into 27th,...or stay on 75,..and RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG TURN EAST,...getoff on that exit. It's the FIRST EXIT after MIAMI GARDENS DR. Get off,..go straight south,....it is a 5 minute ride or less to US 27th from there.

We'll be bringing an enclosed trailer....not sure what else just yet will actually be driving there. Without a doubt it will be another car. Maybe the goat,...maybe another trailer,...dunno yet.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the heads up Jamie... will register tomorrow...

I'll guess we'll see what this parked stock C6 Z06 can do.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Oh yeah, I will be bringing all my camera gear as well - so clean your cars before you arrive and lots of good burn outs please :-)
Old 08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
It's easy. Either take griffin west,..runs into 27th,...or stay on 75,..and RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG TURN EAST,...getoff on that exit. It's the FIRST EXIT after MIAMI GARDENS DR. Get off,..go straight south,....it is a 5 minute ride or less to US 27th from there.

We'll be bringing an enclosed trailer....not sure what else just yet will actually be driving there. Without a doubt it will be another car. Maybe the goat,...maybe another trailer,...dunno yet.
That big retail complex at the SE corner of Pines and I-75 is a good meeting place. What's in the enclosed trailer?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What's in the enclosed trailer?
Fast stuff...
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obZidian
Thanks for the heads up Jamie... will register tomorrow...

I'll guess we'll see what this parked stock C6 Z06 can do.
Your welcome bud. I'm sure it'll run great.(it's a C6 Z06 lol)

Originally Posted by marriard
Oh yeah, I will be bringing all my camera gear as well - so clean your cars before you arrive and lots of good burn outs please :-)
Comments like this, make me hate all you bastards bringing your cars.

That big retail complex at the SE corner of Pines and I-75 is a good meeting place. What's in the enclosed trailer?
I honestly don't know whats gonna happen until the day before man. It really isn't up to us guys when and where,..it's up to these bitchy ladies... the cars,... and it all depends on how well set up we can get everything before hand. Hopefully, we'll all be problem free, and ready to go for the event bright and early. From my understanding, it opens early,...we intend to be there early. SO....... maybe,....maybe if we can get everyone together,...(doubtful) we can all go do an early breakfast somewhere.

Start the day off right.

Trailer's?.... Mike hit the nail on the head I think. CrazyG's fully built GT spec'd Twin turb G35 "street" car(race car with plates). Josh's C5R. Going up to the car this weekend to hopefully finish that.

Possibly another car, and a third trailer. But that'd be a phantom car until the event. Maybe Eddie will bring one of his cars.

Do you have a helmet?

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Fast stuff...

Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Keep me posted on where you guys are all gonna meet i would like to drive up in a pack of crazy fast cars
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there going to be medical personal and an ambulance on site. or a medi-vac helicopter on call?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo2Ltr
Keep me posted on where you guys are all gonna meet i would like to drive up in a pack of crazy fast cars
Okay, the meeting place that seems convenient for the Broward and Palm Beach crowd is the parking lot of 'The Shops at Pembroke Gardens', SE corner of Pines and I-75, click below:

http://www.pembrokegardens.com/shops...irections.aspx

Not sure of meet-up time, as I do not know when we have to be there for safety check. Once we know this we can set a time.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toadzq8
Is there going to be medical personal and an ambulance on site. or a medi-vac helicopter on call?
I know dragstrips must have med personnel on site, I would 'think' the same rule applies here???
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

But that'd be a phantom car until the event.

Does this mean the TT special project may be ready in time?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gentlemen, we are nearing the end of the llimited time offer discounted rate of $100, so if you are planning to take advantage, please do so at this time.

email
Max@milemarker-1.com
Thank you
Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a helmet?

Yep, got a helmet. Planning on a few cans of octane boost but may get some 100+ at VP Fuels in Oakland Park the day before, got tape for panel seams, got tools and fluids just in case, probably get a spare belt or two, etc...
I am ready!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I have an old motorcycle helmet how do i check to make sure it is still Valid????
Old 08-19-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2Ltr
I have an old motorcycle helmet how do i check to make sure it is still Valid????

It has to be Snell or D.O.T. 10 years and newer.
Thanks

Quick Reply: One mile runs 10.11.09