Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Hey Orlando peeps! Bob's Big Boy in Sanford Friday nights, taken over with F-Bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hey Orlando peeps! Bob's Big Boy in Sanford Friday nights, taken over with F-Bodies?

I'm originally from SW Florida and spent 1999-2005 in Orlando. The F-Body seen was AWESOME back then. Especially 1999-2002.

I remember we used to always cruise over and meet at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Sanford (the cruises were always "spirited"), grab Cici's and check out cool cars until Wal-Mart decided to shut it down. Eventually, 4-5 F-Bod peeps (Lou, Rick, etc...) started hanging out Saturday nights at a little stretch of parking lot that was part of a new developing shopping strip called "Waterford Lakes"

As you know, Waterford Lakes became huge BUT before it became packed Saturday nights with shoppers we used to have ONE HUNDRED (I kid you not, 100) F-Bodies show up, at it's height obviously, 5 had grown to 30-50 regulars and eventually hit 100 right before management shut it down.

Anyways, now I've been out here in Los Angeles since 2005. Bob's Big Boy in Burbank has held Friday night car cruise in for 50 years (give or take). LOTS of cool cars, picture Old Town Friday night on steroids.

Me and a couple of other guys wanted to start a place for F-Bodies to meet up EVERY Friday night. About 3-5 of us would meet down the street at a Wienerschnitzel. Thing that sucked was it was dependent on ALL of us making it there every Friday or someone was sitting alone with nothing to do.

SO, I said, "Hey, let's just meet at Bob's. There's cool cars there from 4pm until around 9:30pm when the old guys need to tuck the garage queens into bed, we can cruise in then and have it to ourselves..." and we did.

We've been doing it for almost two years now. Since we started we now have to roll in around 10:30-11pm because all the other car guys saw we came in that late and started hanging around.

It has gotten so large an F-body, GM Muscle, scene that the next issue of GM High Tech Performance will have an article about us, I got around 60 F-Bodies (not including, GTOs, Vettes, etc...) there that night for their photo shoot. Quite a difference from the original 3-5 of us.

SO, I was on Bob's Big Boy's website and saw there is now one in Sanford. I was really hoping it was a car spot on Friday nights as well. It would be awesome to see that you guys turned it into THE F-Body hang out.

I know Wal-Mart ran us off, Waterford ran us off, Sonic ran people off (after I moved though) BUT Bob's Big Boy is FAMOUS for NOT running car guys off.

Is there already a car scene there? If not, who's willing to make it one?

I'm visiting Orlando again the weekend of December 17th and it would be AWESOME to pop over there and see a thriving F-Body get together again...

Bob's Big Boy Restaurant
1831 Rinehart Road
Sanford , Florida 32771
Phone No : (407)302-2269
Fax : (407)302-3651

Turn it into a regular meeting spot, get me good pics and I can (99% sure) get you in GM High Tech Performance as well So, what do you say? How about some groups get together there around 9:00pm, pop the hoods, shoot the ****, grab a burger and a shake and start something people will talk about all over the country.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh im definately in for this any other takers
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am down I could walk from my house to get there, but i guess I will drag my trailer queen out to it. I will make it the week of the 3rd since I am currently out of town.

That place has the best hamburgers. Far better than the big mac.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Teching In

I'm there!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

I would be there but if the car is fixed I will be in silver springs. I should be able to make the next one though.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned

Whomever can go tonight should go tonight to just get a feel for the place and report back.

Out here the car cruise in starts around 4pm and (now) goes solid until midnight with there being different waves (retirees with nothing to do 4pm-7pm, people getting off work 6pm-9pm, people coming to make a night of it 9pm-12am, IMHO that is what the crowd seems to be).

My point being you guys probably don't have a huge following yet and want to get there when other cars are there (so if only two people show up that week there is still other cars to look at and keep you coming back) and find out if it is cool to come then or if you need to get there a little later for parking.

If someone (who goes tonight obviously) could take pics and post in here that'd be awesome, I'm dying to see what it looks like...

I'd post our pics from the big gathering but can't until the magazine comes out.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** I use to go to the waterford lakes show way back with my dad. I know alot of those guys who started that. Will definetly go to this.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

I don't get off of work until midnight. I work about 5 min away from the big boys, at the water plant on 46a and country club by the golf course.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

I'll head out now if someone wants to go scope out the place and meet up there. I'm in altamonte so itll be a few before I get up there if anyone wants to go too. Call me (407)496-0963

consider it a pre-winghouse meet for tom night!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Teching In

going tomorrow to winghouse but an awesome place for rssean,s meet in the future
Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned

Come on people, get out there, start something cool and post some pics
Old 09-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

PHK Orlando????
Old 09-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Banned

^^Hell yes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe make this a once a month event? It's very close for me, I'd have no excuse to not show up. Maybe next Friday night, swing in there and check it out. I don't remember it having a very large parking area.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY
Holy **** I use to go to the waterford lakes show way back with my dad. I know alot of those guys who started that. Will definetly go to this.
Marcus, been there, done that back in the day @ Waterford. It definitely involves a lot of work planning something like that. Heck, some of us were the original CFFB originators. If you get something going their for a Friday night more power to you. I'll definitely hang.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY
I used to go there also.... untill I moved to NC.
I will try to make it one weekend and I am sure I could get some of my friends and there F bodys to go also.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSweet97
Marcus, been there, done that back in the day @ Waterford. It definitely involves a lot of work planning something like that. Heck, some of us were the original CFFB originators. If you get something going their for a Friday night more power to you. I'll definitely hang.
Man, what a blast from the past. I totally forgot about CFFB. Still talk to Brian (Philippino guy)?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Waterford lakes, CFFB. That seems like forever ago. Wait a minute... it was
Old 09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whistler
Waterford lakes, CFFB. That seems like forever ago. Wait a minute... it was
Hey pretty ladyl! I called you, we're coming to see your pretty face the weekend of Dec. 17th, you around?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

I would like to make it out to the LA meet one weekend

Quick Reply: Hey Orlando peeps! Bob's Big Boy in Sanford Friday nights, taken over with F-Bodies?