Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

No Eckler's Camaro Fest this year?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No Eckler's Camaro Fest this year?

Whats up with that? anyone know?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy up the street here in Mims use to work at Ecklers and he is still friends with the owner. If I see him, I will ask him about it. Funny thing is that I talked to him about 4 hours ago. When did it usually occur?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Launching!

In Oct. and Oct. is almost over. I liked the show. always nice cars and good fun.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Launching!

No one?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Economy!!!........... besides, their judging is for the birds! Not fair and not equal.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^ the economy I get, but the judging comment is just plain silly, everyone is a critic that thinks their car should win cause they did such and such a mod to their car, can/have you done a better job?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

The Winter Nationals is always a good car show

New location this year.

I have been going since 2001.

18th Annual Winter National

Register online now through January 29, 2010

Eckler’s Chevy Classics and Worldwide Camaro Club are takin’ it to the beach! Winter National 2010 will be at Florida’s second most famous beach – Cocoa Beach! So wax up your surf boards, pull out those bikinis and Bermudas and join us for surf, sand and sun right on the ocean at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort. Get ready for some 50’s beach fun! Visit cocoabeach.com for shopping, dining and entertainment information in the area.

Last edited by SURPRYZ; 10-21-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Launching!

^^Oh yea, love the east coast......I think I will plan on making it out there...
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

That's the 1000pt show right, you remember chris... The one y'all bailed on me so I got to go by my lonesome... Figures you want to roll after I get rid of my Z, oh well I can rock the V
Old 10-22-2009, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, no changing my fuel pump in the parking lot at night in Olde' Town this year huh? lol

-jason
Old 10-23-2009, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jaysz28
wow, no changing my fuel pump in the parking lot at night in Olde' Town this year huh? lol

-jason
WOw I actually remember that. Smelled the gas all the way over by our cars!! lol A few of us went over there and offered you a cig! lol

YOu guys had that pump changed out really quick.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I remember the group of guys over there

at least someone was nice enough to offer up some beer! LOL

took us about 1.5 hrs start to finish IIRC. Pump is still working great!

-jason
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

The economy, the Camaro brand manager is no longer with Ecklers, and Ecklers Camaro division is now located in Georgia and not Florida.

The Winter Nationals new location is Cocoa Beach at the Holiday Inn should be a good show something different.

Sean
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Default Silly????????

Originally Posted by jasonk
^^^^ the economy I get, but the judging comment is just plain silly, everyone is a critic that thinks their car should win cause they did such and such a mod to their car, can/have you done a better job?
Um,,were you there??? Have you seen my Camaro to judge it? I know what you mean about being a critic and all, and I know my Camaro isnt EXACTLY perfect. However, being a very detailed person who happens to be a perfectionist, I take pride in my old Camaro. I just wanted a fair shake. I had alot of money, and time invested in it. After walking my competition, I felt my Camaro was out of its league. There was only one Camaro that could have gave me a run for my money. That was it!! The look on my face when others caming up to me after the show to see if I won. My friends and most real carshow enthusiasts were shocked!! Yes, my friend, even you would tell me that I was ripped off!!! Well, not even third place. Third place winner was an 1987 IROC that was simply driven in with road grime left on the hood and engine, AND all stock. I spoke to the judge guy and he simply told me that "Hey, everybody cant win!!" RIGHT!! Being an Eklers carshow, I guess they were pissed because I was sponsored by YearOne! Oh, by the way, I did have the "YearOne" windsheild decal on. Guess that hurt their feelings! Others on here can attest to my IROC-Z!! So, could I have done a better job? Perhaps!...but so can the judge!!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

yup, I was there, the last three years, and walked away with nothing till last year... and while i seen all the cars there, i could not tell you about yours. all i am saying is that everyone thinks they brought the best, this was a huge arguement on the forum after last years event as well, just no point in complaining about it if you arent going to be adding to the judging yourself, or by just saying me and my buddies think i should have won.

and i am in no way associated with ecklers or CCCF (the fellas that normally judge the show)
Old 10-24-2009, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

The judging at Ecklers has always been hit and miss. I entered my '67 Vette in the STREET DRIVEN class and they allowed a freshly restored car that a competitor brought on a TRAILER in the same class. His manifolds and exhaust didn't have any signs of the motor being started! He took 1st and I took 2nd. I have never been back since.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's just a car show you go to have fun if you Win great if you don't oh well sorry you did not win maybe you should have in your opinion we show no favortism towards others cars. I will tell you 95% of the members of CCCF have very clean cars once a year mine spends 8 hours on a lift getting her yearly car show make over, then another 12-20 hours tearing the car apart cleaning her up and putting he back together so I know mine is clean yet I have goen to shows where I have won nothing it's ok not like I need another award they all sit in boxes in the garage and the storage facility
Old 10-24-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

i wish i had the time/ ability to do that to my cars. by the way is what makes is winter nationals open to? want to know if i can get the Caddy some face time before i start modding
Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Unhappy Nerved!!

Originally Posted by jasonk
i wish i had the time/ ability to do that to my cars. by the way is what makes is winter nationals open to? want to know if i can get the Caddy some face time before i start modding
I dont mine losing. I just dont like to lose to something that wasnt even detailed, or something that was just driven in??!! We all know what Im talking about. But your right, no sense arguing about it! Right? It just hits a bad nerve. I just got tooo used to winning ALL the time, thats my problem.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1
I dont mine losing. I just dont like to lose
I can definitely relate to that....