Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)

Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)

What's wrong with this picture??

This is why you should never get any work done at Mad Hatter Muffler in Panama City.

I normally go to XXX in Pensacola. But they aren't open on weekends and that's the only time I can really go over there. After four months of waiting to either get a day off or find a local shop that was trustworthy; I got a recommendation from a guy on the forums to call Mike over at Mad Hatter. Gave them a call and asked about getting my SFCs welded in and some tips/bends welded on. He talked like they do this all the time, everyday thing, very common etc. I left them four pictures that I printed out, two of which are from Corsa's site of how i wanted the tips to look. As far as position, angle etc.. Also gave the guy (mike) the instructions that came with my UMI subframe connectors. Explained to him how important this is etc.. He assured me that they do this all the time and he understood.

I got back that afternoon to find what you see in the pics. Who would think this is how they are suppose to go on?? and why are there no hangers?? too low and backwards??

As well as the subframe connectors AREN'T WELDED IN THE REAR. They gave me back the pics and instructions, so i showed the guy where it says "weld a bead around all three sides of the rear". He says they did weld the rear and apologized for the tips being backwards/being retarded.

Also, the driver side door now rubs much worse than before and the passenger side window clicks (?) when you try to roll it up. WTF?!?!?! I was better off before. Were they joyriding all day, rolling the windows up and down? When i asked about the door rubbing the guy got all uppity saying that they "usually get the cars with this stuff already on it". WHAT THE HELL?!?! So by "we do this all the time" you really mean "cars come in here all the time with this stuff on them already".

I'm suppose to go back tomorrow for them to "fix" the tips. He said to feel free to take a look at the welds when it's on the lift. Which i will most certainly be doing (like an *******).

So. In conclusion. Never trust a local muffler shop to do anything, unless you work there and are doing it. Even if they come highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)-img_4003-1-.jpg   Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)-img_4007-1-.jpg   Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)-img_4005-1-.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

Ouch...

FWIW, there is an exhaust shop in Pompano Beach, FL that goes by the same name. Nothing but TOP NOTCH work comes out of that shop. We refer tons to them and I even send some of my stuff over to them when I cannot get it done myself.

Are these shops related?

Erik@Lashway
Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn that sucks. That's a knock-off Mad Hatter. The original is in Pembroke Pines/Hollywood area. He does excellent work.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway

Are these shops related?

Erik@Lashway

No, the original one was located on 441 (SR7) just south of Griffin. There are many Mad Hatters now, but most of them suck. The one on dixie that you are referring to is pretty good. The name was taken but the original Mad Hatter owner didn't make a stink about it, so many shops opened under that name. It's weird how it all happened. I know his daughter.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm utterly speechless. I'm the douchebag who sent him there, and I've never seen such bullshit come from them. I feel pretty sure the owner will make it right, he's a really good guy, and excellent businessman- They've always done excellent work over the past 8 years We've sent cars there. Thre's no excuse for that, period.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

they just need to make it right!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah. I picked it up at about 5 so there wasn't really anybody left to fix it then. They told me to come back tomorrow and they'd fix the tips. Not trying to be a dick or anything. Just want my ride to look straight...
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't be ok with that- Let me know how things go.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Went back earlier today. The guy Leon, was helping me out. Guy was a class act. fixed the tips and set them up exactly how i wanted them. Didn't really feel comfortable letting them weld the rear of the SFCs. I'll let XXX do that, next time i'm there.. But the tips look pretty good. I'll post up some pics when i get home. Anybody know anything about painting the pipes black with that ceramic (high temp) paint???
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Ahhh, Leon... The Mighty Midget. He's a nice guy. Glad you got some closure on it. That said, I'm not recommending ****.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1badzee
No, the original one was located on 441 (SR7) just south of Griffin. There are many Mad Hatters now, but most of them suck. The one on dixie that you are referring to is pretty good. The name was taken but the original Mad Hatter owner didn't make a stink about it, so many shops opened under that name. It's weird how it all happened. I know his daughter.
Didn't she drive around in a green first gen Camaro with a pink cage inside?

DM
Old 06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Ahhh, Leon... The Mighty Midget. He's a nice guy. Glad you got some closure on it. That said, I'm not recommending ****.
The last pair of subs they did were probably mine in '02...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Packy
The last pair of subs they did were probably mine in '02...
Haha, you may be right. They've done quit a bit of shiz here and there even since then and done respectable work.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Haha, you may be right. They've done quit a bit of shiz here and there even since then and done respectable work.
Sounds good! They did a good job on Jakes exhaust.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mad Hatter Muffler - PCB (rant)