Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's
View Poll Results: Do you prefer to learn how to tune during 2 weeknights or on a Saturday?
I'd prefer learning how to tune EFI over 2 weeknights.
45.00%
I'd prefer learning how to tune EFI on Saturday.
55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Want to learn how to tune like a pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Want to learn how to tune like a pro?

WANT TO LEARN HOW TO TUNE EFI LIKE A PRO? Tired of being tied to a dyno at a shop and prefer to tune your own car? Well, I've got the fix for you coming up in a few weeks! After spending the last 14 years teaching professional technicians how to repair drivability and EFI issues as well as how to tune EFI systems from many different manufacturers, both OE and aftermarket, I've decided to take the next step by offering EFI Tuning seminars at our shop in Boca Raton. If you're interested, cast your vote in the poll. Do you prefer training over 3 hours, 2 nights in a row, or 6 hours on a Saturday? Let me know as we're putting the finishing touches on these new EFI Tuning Seminars. I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!
Cheers, peeps!!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what kinda cost are we looking at?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

ME!

A few questions..

Will this be one seminar catering only to beginners like me, or is this going to be a series leading to more advanced topics?

Do we have to own HP Tuners, EFI Live etc, to participate in the class?

Will this follow the same "case study" method as found in your book? (I found this particularly helpful)

How soon can we sign up?!

Last edited by Sofls1; 07-26-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan,
I'm interested in this. The evening classes would be tough with work requirements, but I like the idea of two classes. I'd be more inclined to do the Saturday class although I worry about 6 hours of technical info in one sitting.

Will this be LSx and HpTuners specific?

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
what kinda cost are we looking at?
Cost will vary by seminar. There will be a series of seminars that begin with BASIC EFI, a foundational knowledge seminar that will be only 2 hours long for only $20, and ranging up through detailed tuning seminars that will be approximately 6 hours long and cost $400. No kidding!!

Originally Posted by Sofls1
ME!
A few questions..

Will this be one seminar catering only to beginners like me, or is this going to be a series leading to more advanced topics?

Do we have to own HP Tuners, EFI Live etc, to participate in the class?

Will this follow the same "case study" method as found in your book? (I found this particularly helpful)

How soon can we sign up?!
1. We will offer many different levels of seminars and everyone is encouraged to start with the beginner seminars for obvious reasons. Most people think they know more about EFI than they really do (not knocking anyone, just a fact), and that's why we've priced the foundational knowledge courses dirt cheap at $20...to get you in here so that you understand what you're dealing with. As you progress, you can take the more advanced seminars and move at your own pace. "Prerequisite" course are not required, but we will not cover any basic material nor answer any basic questions in the advanced classes. If you take an advanced class and feel lost, I'll have little sympathy. Detailed curriculum will be posted for each class as we make them available along with some questions of understanding to help you determine if the class is right for you. BUT AT THE PRICE, WHY NOT JUST SIGN UP?!

2. We will have both HP Tuners- and EFI Live-specific classes. Bring your software and laptop if you like, but it won't be necessary. This may also be a good way of determining for yourself what software platform you'd prefer to buy...HPT of EFIL.

3. Yes, the tuning seminars will be similar to the case studies in the book. Basic tuning courses will be strictly classroom setting for foundational knowledge purposes (yes, for $20/person!) while the advanced classes will be real-time with a vehicle on the dyno and you learning how to tune in real time with a real vehicle.

4. We are only collecting participant information now and preparing the seminars. The classes will be offered in September (believe me, you'll want cooler weather!). We will post sign-up info on this forum and others when we begin.

Originally Posted by gtpvette
Dan,
I'm interested in this. The evening classes would be tough with work requirements, but I like the idea of two classes. I'd be more inclined to do the Saturday class although I worry about 6 hours of technical info in one sitting.

Will this be LSx and HpTuners specific?

Thanks!
Well, maybe we'll think about making the Saturday classes split as well (2 separate seminars, Part 1 and Part 2, on two consecutive Saturdays. How does that sound?

The classes will be engine or system specific; LSx, Ecotec, Duramax, Ford Modular, Aftermarket standalone EFI systems, etc. I can offer some tricks and tips for people using either HP Tuners or EFI Live (as well as the aftermarket standalone systems), but I don't want people mistaking these for software instructional seminars. These are tuning seminars. We teach people how to tune for more power, efficiency and longevity.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, maybe we'll think about making the Saturday classes split as well (2 separate seminars, Part 1 and Part 2, on two consecutive Saturdays. How does that sound?
Sounds perfect. I'd like to do all of the beginner classs first. Just let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

What a super idea! Nothing like learning from the best. "Professor Dyno Dan".
I put the word out to two local's ASE gent's.
Attached Thumbnails Want to learn how to tune like a pro?-p2170010.jpg  
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

i rather leave it to the pros.ps dan that gto is running gooooooddd thanks.mines next.lol.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RapidRick
What a super idea! Nothing like learning from the best. "Professor Dyno Dan".
I put the word out to two local's ASE gent's.
what am i wood lol
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to do this. It would be better for me to learn all in one day. all though i would also want the introduction class as well.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I'll take you up on it.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

I'm in for the advanced course.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be pretty sweet knowning that is is about 200.00 cheaper than taking it else where.

I wish it was more northern, but you cant please everyone.

Quick Reply: Want to learn how to tune like a pro?