Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

TVS1900 G8 Project...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks when u get a defective part,sets you back alittle and ya fuel systems take a long time to do it clean and neet.specialy on a corvette cuz u need to drop both tanks.keep up good work.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Teching In

well the locks where dropped off yesterday so hopefully you guys can get your pics and i can get my car
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

A 4 door ricers dream..
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Aside from a bout with the flu these past 4 days, I am back on my feet today at the shop. Worked through my illness on Saturday to the point at which I almost passed out on the shop floor trying to make up some ground on the G8. Josh was in the shop all day Sunday doing the same thing. Good news is the intercooler and fluid pump are in. X was gracious enough to swing by with the locks, so that's done. Today the coolant piping will be finished and supercharger will be installed. As expected, the fuel system will be the last piece of the puzzle. Just waiting to hear back from a few sources and progress on that will proceed. Remember, we were asked to put together something in a few weeks that typically takes months of R&D and completely from scratch...not an easy task.

Pics will come when I have the time to post them (I need to hire some high school kid to do this stuff)

Erik@Lashway
Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
Aside from a bout with the flu these past 4 days, I am back on my feet today at the shop. Worked through my illness on Saturday to the point at which I almost passed out on the shop floor trying to make up some ground on the G8. Josh was in the shop all day Sunday doing the same thing. Good news is the intercooler and fluid pump are in. X was gracious enough to swing by with the locks, so that's done. Today the coolant piping will be finished and supercharger will be installed. As expected, the fuel system will be the last piece of the puzzle. Just waiting to hear back from a few sources and progress on that will proceed. Remember, we were asked to put together something in a few weeks that typically takes months of R&D and completely from scratch...not an easy task.

Pics will come when I have the time to post them (I need to hire some high school kid to do this stuff)

Erik@Lashway
I was amazed when I saw you working with the flu and ill do the stuff for some parts f the high-school kids
Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

I have the flu too. Feel like crap.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
I was amazed when I saw you working with the flu and ill do the stuff for some parts f the high-school kids
Hey man, thats standard service my friend. We also upgraded you to a free APR 12 point crank bolt....

So enjoy

I should have you answer posts lol

Originally Posted by Thebeast916
I have the flu too. Feel like crap.
Sorry to hear man, its killing me!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:34 PM

So when is this build gonna be finished? 1 month for a blower and cam install ?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GOG8GO
It will be completed right on schedule actually, thanks for pointing that out.

We alotted the appropriate amount of time for this build and allowed some cushion for unforseen things that always come up (like waiting a week for a single valvespring retainer lock, having to modify the blower, having to modify a Kooks exhaust system, etc).

We're also designing a custom fuel pump set up for X's set up which takes time and ingenuity. If it was as easy as throwing some **** on and crimping some wires, then yes I would be done and his fueling would last 1 month.

We balance all of our projects equally in order to have them completed in a timely fashion. Remember, it is only 2 people here, the owners. I don't have a staff of $10/hr high school/college kids turning wrenches here.

If you're looking for a shop to half *** your build, slap your **** on and give you the finger as you drive away, then don't call us!

If you're looking for the highest level of quality, complete customer service and attention, guys who work through the weekend with 103* fevers, and labor that is guarenteed for as long as you own your car, then we're the guys for you!

Erik@Lashway
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're looking for the highest level of quality, complete customer service and attention, guys who work through the weekend with 103* fevers, and labor that is guarenteed for as long as you own your car, then we're the guys for you!

Erik@Lashway
I will just add that Erik and Josh work really hard, and are a top notch shop. Ive seen the work in person on this g8 and its impressive.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

I agree. Very nice guys and nice work. Quality is not quick and cheap. If i had the money they would already have my car
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

ive seen the quality of theyre work and thats the reason im willing to drive 3 +hrs to have them do my buold for me when i have everything to have it done +1 for lashway and theyre dedication
Old 02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GOG8GO
patience , even though i want the car i understand that erik and josh are not the type to rush a project like this plus they are trying to do something for us g8s so the least we can do is give them a little time and respect . I for one dont want my car rushed and will be happy if something new comes out for us. anyways back to work keep up the good work erik and josh

ps post some pics and shut these guys up already
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

i am always pateint and nice. i would like some pics. if not ill come down there myself tomorrow and see it and chat with you guys.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what time you going tomorrow? Im gonna be in the general area, and gonna stop by as well
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

doesnt matter to me. im off till 4. probably around 10 or so. im up early with this flu. its kicking my *** for the past week. already lost 7 pounds
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

if you guys are gonna be coming by, try to make it after 3pm to make sure one of us is there! call before!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

I'll post pics today my friends
Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember, it is only 2 people here, the owners. I don't have a staff of $10/hr high school/college kids turning wrenches here.

If you're looking for a shop to half *** your build, slap your **** on and give you the finger as you drive away, then don't call us!

Erik@Lashway

well said sir, well said
Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

im stopping by sat with nick dont be given me that flu **** lol.

Quick Reply: TVS1900 G8 Project...