Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Good shop near Panama City, FL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good shop near Panama City, FL?

Hey, I just moved out to Panama City and and am looking for a good shop out here. Any recommendations? I'm looking to have a short block balanced and built in the near future.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM
The House is Rockin'

efi alchemy in jax, doc and the guys are the ones you need to go see.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

what he said.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

If you're looking to get some work done on a LS1 in PC; you need to call Charlie Stumpp
he is THE guy around these parts.
He does everything. Plan on dropping mine off here again to let him rebuild my trans
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stinkynuts
If you're looking to get some work done on a LS1 in PC; you need to call Charlie Stumpp
he is THE guy around these parts.
He does everything. Plan on dropping mine off here again to let him rebuild my trans

Charlie's gay.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Stump took forever to finish a guy's RB/240 car from over here in tally a few years ago. hell, he may still have it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned

yep, you are right about DOC, he's had my SS on 3 or 4 different ocasionions and he got everything squared away on my car and now it's running awesome...he's the only shop i would recomend in the south east region...awesome customer service from him and his crew and the prices are perfect..can't go wrong with EFI Alchemy in JAX ,FL
Old 03-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Default Info on programming a car

I seen that somebody had mentioned the name Charlie stump in Panama City Florida as far as work on an LS1 motor goes. If anybody has his phone number can you please call me or text me with the number my number is 850-768-4515 thank you
Old 10-06-2021, 03:27 PM

If any of you are smart, I would stay as far away from Charlie Stumpp as possible...

Old 10-06-2021, 03:36 PM

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING!
I’m posting my experience, so you DONT “F” yourself like I did with Charlie Stumpp

My experience with this POS started the end of 2017 and it’s all about “King of the Jungle” my boat.

KOTJ was previously apart of a very well known racing family in Michigan. In an unfortunate accident the summer of July 2017, Keith Holmes was killed in a racing accident. Since Keith’s passing the actual owners of the boat couldn’t continue as Keith was so much apart of this boat.

KOTJ is a very rare hull, not many of them still exist… I would guess there is less than 20 of them out there. Since I had owned one before in December of 2017 I made the deal happen and purchased KOTJ promising that I would build it to Keith’s quality and in his memory.

When I picked it up, incredible doesn’t describe it enough. The boat had less than 100hrs, stored inside its whole life and looked like it was brand new. They just finished the wrap of the windshield days before I got it. When I got it home, that’s when it all went downhill…

Charles Stumpp was recommended to build the 1000+ Hp motor I wanted for the boat. He got the freshly machined block, gave me a laundry list of parts to buy and I got them all…. The best stuff money could buy. It took an entire year to build the motor.

Beginning of year 2, he calls me up to bring him the boat so he could install the motor. To my surprise what would take a regular boat mechanic maybe a day, two max to install it ended up taking another effing year! To make things worse the boat is paid for but I can’t get it insured without a survey which means the motor has to be operational and the boat basically water ready to be survey for insurance….. **** got deep bc at the end of year 2 Hurricane Michael hit us. I avoided a gigantic bullet bc I took the boat somewhere safe to store for the Hurricane, he was going to leave it in his yard where a tree fell…

Any normal person would think this was a close call and maybe I (Stumpp) ought to get it done so I’m not liable if another storm comes through…. But normal thinking eludes this idiot bc all it did was make him slower.

Year 3 comes and nothing, he didn’t touch it until I got up his *** to do something with the boat. I called several other local places to finish it and no one would take it on, I assume bc they knew him or the **** work he does and didn’t want any part of it.

So middle to the end of year 3, after riding his *** like a babysitter I finally got to hear the motor run. He made me countless promises the boat would be done by this day, next week, he only has 20hrs left and it was all BULLSHIT. I would go see the boat, take pictures of everything in the boat, call him and ask him about his progress, he would fill me full of more bullshit and then I’d go look at the boat, take more pictures and compare them to the last pics I took and not a single tool, wire, or piece of trash was moved.

I was ******* over it, so when I went to go pick it up he swore up and down that he would have it ready before the 2021 boating season began… nope, more promises, more bullshit and no progress.

I came to realize the boat itself was taking more damage than from the elements than he was making progress on the motor. Then out of no where he calls to tell me he has an open case with code enforcement bc he’s operating an illegal repair shop out of his house FML…

He calls me to use my political and legal resources to help him get through his issues. Keep in mind I was NOT a priority to this guy for years and now he needs me to make him a priority to solve his problems. So before getting involved I got more promises that I was going to get finished right away.

I get some of my attorney friends involved, we basically helped him resolve the most important part of his issues. In exchange, finishing my boat was supposed to be a priority…. 2 weeks go by and I pull up to see offthere's any progress, NOTHING...and he’s out buffing someone’s car, I walk back to my boat and it’s still untouched… so I pack my **** up, hook my truck up and go… I get the boat to a safe place, I go over it and I was mortified at the amount of damage this guy caused. Several rusted parts that had never been used on the motor. The boat was literally full of water that took me hours to pump out, he just doesn’t give a **** and I was HOT! Told him to pay me $20k for damage to the boat, he said he doesn’t even have $5k. The guy was in basically in tears on the phone telling me he would detail the boat and get it finished…

So after taking the boat, all kinds of people start telling stories and how eerily similar they are to mine. The guy is running basically a car repair Ponzi scheme, taking your money to fix the guy before you came vehicle, the unknowing guy who comes after you will give him the money to do your repairs…

Do yourself a favor and avoid Charles Stumpp, after my experience with him and hearing others experiences…. I wouldnt trust this guy to tune up my lawn mower. So many lies, so many lies he tells people.

He was ALWAYS PAID, In fact the last payment I advanced him $1100 bc he said he would have it done by 5/6/21 for $2k and I bet $1000 he wouldn’t so technically he owes me $2100, my advance plus the lost bet.

I also lost out on rooms I booked for poker runs, entry fees for poker runs I paid to enter bc he said “it will be ready” and it never was ready.
I gave him a brand new boat that was detailed by an awesome detailer before I took it to him… this is what I got back, with an unfinished motor… the last pic of the windshield wrap really pisses me off… all he has to do was put the cockpit cover on…

That’s how much Charlie Stumpp gives a **** about your things! He will sell you on his potential, but this is his pattern…

=AZVAKrmv2eb5qoIIrWTwjxXxemL_HT-ngddDuQtQQwky5B8WthSZoEsI9cR3QtvaoKwTJz_JHht_AH6Gv 1TU36Ek4Uc048aWC50Bw6C8OHp0dhtHtIDQDTJhGAWOOOIh0Ks &__tn__=-]K-R]Charles Stumpp

=AZVAKrmv2eb5qoIIrWTwjxXxemL_HT-ngddDuQtQQwky5B8WthSZoEsI9cR3QtvaoKwTJz_JHht_AH6Gv 1TU36Ek4Uc048aWC50Bw6C8OHp0dhtHtIDQDTJhGAWOOOIh0Ks &__tn__=*bH-R]
=AZVAKrmv2eb5qoIIrWTwjxXxemL_HT-ngddDuQtQQwky5B8WthSZoEsI9cR3QtvaoKwTJz_JHht_AH6Gv 1TU36Ek4Uc048aWC50Bw6C8OHp0dhtHtIDQDTJhGAWOOOIh0Ks &__tn__=*bH-R]

Quick Reply: Good shop near Panama City, FL?